ESPN BE Blogger picks UConn as Dark Hourse Candidate to Win BE | The Boneyard

ESPN BE Blogger picks UConn as Dark Hourse Candidate to Win BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Since they picked Louisville, Rutgers, and South Florida as favorites, Andrea is really picking UConn as her #4 team. That sounds plausible.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
How is God's name is USF a favorite after last year??? They lost Scott and some good DB's off a mediocre secondary. They are still average at WR and lost key OL guys.

Reaction Score
After Louisville, it's hard to figure anything else in this conference. Rutgers has, on paper, been stockpiling players, but they now have a new staff and still haven't shown they have an OL, a TB or a QB. USF -- they will have to win something before I ever pick them for anything.

I don't even know how you can have a darkhorse in a conference without much of a favorite

Reaction Score
The league certainly isn't as intimidating with WVU gone. Why not us? I know we say it every year, but improved QB play is huge. Also, the pass defense from last year has to get better in order to have a shot.

Reaction Score
We're UConn Football, we didn't get to .500 last year.

Yes, but by mouthing vacuous buzzphrases Palatine thinks he's setting himself up to harshly criticize anything that goes wrong during the season.

Reaction Score
I don't even know how you can have a darkhorse in a conference without much of a favorite

i think when you declare almost half the conference as favorites, naming a dark horse is kind of silly.

Reaction Score
Book your New Years in Miami. We're Orange bowling

Hmmm... If you are going to Miami to look for the ORANGE BOWL, you'll see instead the Marlins BALLPARK, NOT the Orange Bowl. They tour it down... and the Orange Bowl is in Fort Lauderdale at Dolphins Stadium.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'm just glad that someone "independent" is actually recognizing the potential that this year's team has. Getting the QB position fixed is obviously the most important thing but if we do manage to get that right, this could be a very good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom