ESPN Article on Man Child Drummond | The Boneyard

ESPN Article on Man Child Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
bump, great write up. Haberstroh is not only a great stats guy to read, he's a CT native.

Reaction Score
I hate the argument that he isn't a good defensive player. Just because he doesn't block shots like Deandre, Whiteside and Gobert doesnt mean he isn't. He finished top 5 in defensive rating and defensive win shares.

Reaction Score
When I was a student at Uconn in 2012, I was waiting to play pickup ball in the gym. Drummond was playing on the court I was waiting for and he had one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen up close.

I was waiting under the hoop, out of bounds on the baseline. Somebody tossed him an attempted ally-oop pass. It was a terrible pass and about a mile away from the hoop. I'm waiting for Andre to just come down with it and put in a layup.

Out of nowhere, he jumps from outside the paint (from the side) with ease....grabs the ball like a tennis ball...throws it down with one hand and shakes the whole hoop!!!

It was the most impressive combination of athleticism/power/gracefulness I had ever seen up close. That really gave me a true understanding of how freak of an athletes some of this guys are :eek:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The two areas of the article that lend themselves to Andre's long term health were his symmetry and his core. Having near equal agility keeps his muscle groups balanced and reduces the risk of overusing one side and compensating on the other and keeping his mass over his core maximizes the distribution of force. No guarantee he stays injury free but as the one person in the article states, he has a great chassis.

Reaction Score
I hate the argument that he isn't a good defensive player. Just because he doesn't block shots like Deandre, Whiteside and Gobert doesnt mean he isn't. He finished top 5 in defensive rating and defensive win shares.

I don't know of any writers that equate blocking shots with being a good to great defensive player, Whiteside is often used as an example of someone who blocks alot of shots but isn't a great defender. Just watching Drummond his awareness is lacking, he's often caught out of position on help defense and doesn't really defend the rim and paint area the way you would expect someone with that size and athleticism to.

Reaction Score
I don't know of any writers that equate blocking shots with being a good to great defensive player, Whiteside is often used as an example of someone who blocks alot of shots but isn't a great defender. Just watching Drummond his awareness is lacking, he's often caught out of position on help defense and doesn't really defend the rim and paint area the way you would expect someone with that size and athleticism to.
Yeah it's true he is not a very good pick and roll defender, but the team is so much better on defense with him rather than Baynes, and he gives up virtually no offensive rebounds

caw

Reaction Score
Have to think SVG made a mistake not playing Drummond the final 2 minutes of the game. Gave up rebounds and Baynes did nothing.

Reaction Score

Wanted to hurl the other day when Isola announced he had voted Whiteside for DPOY ahead of Draymond.

Reaction Score
There needs to be some type of rule that prohibits intentional fouling off the ball (like the Cavs and the rest of the NBA do to Drummond) outside of two minutes or something like that. Some call it strategy, I call it cheap. Ruins the game

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with the rules. There is something wrong with Andre. He needs to shoot better than 35% from the foul line. He owns the worst FT shooting percentage in NBA history and three of the worst five years from the stripe.

How can a coach trust him? He is a gifted athlete, he needs to figure out how to top 50%. Otherwise he is too much of a liability to in the last few minutes with the game on the line

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with the rules. There is something wrong with Andre. He needs to shoot better than 35% from the foul line. He owns the worst FT shooting percentage in NBA history and three of the worst five years from the stripe.

How can a coach trust him? He is a gifted athlete, he needs to figure out how to top 50%. Otherwise he is too much of a liability to in the last few minutes with the game on the line
maybe i was being a little too bias... It's just difficult to watch him brick free throw after free throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom