ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I doubt Jones leaves northwest

That's a rather generous defining of northwest. I've occasionally seen it stretched to NorCal, but then only the area up around Mt. Shasta or so. As a northwest resident, I cannot claim the Bay Area.

Reaction Score
I can see why -in the past- UConn has been a big draw for recruits from all over the country: coaching, championship program, prep for WBA... I mean it had to be just basketball. Why else would you choose UConn over Stanford? Geno has provided the impetus, example and inspiration for his competitors to improve , which they have... now recruits have many more quality choices. I have a difficult time believing that Haley Jones will select UConn; my bet is Stanford. Hope I’m wrong...
this 2019 group has been full of mostly (thanks AG!!) unfortunate surprises.......if ever UConn needed a player right now Ms Jones is the one......I'm sure she wants to revive my faith in man/woman kind so UConn it is!!! :p........or maybe not....:(
l
You know the saying, “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”
Yeah Except it was on a Metamucil commercial

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
All this waiting is starting to get to me.

jump.jpg

Reaction Score
Although you wouldn't know it from most of the posts in this thread, there is another finalist for Jones who apparently shall not be named--with lots of room on the roster and a very good nucleus returning next year. It's also (relatively) close to home and has at least one player on the roster from Jones's' AAU team. One could also call the program an "up and comer." A longshot for sure, but stranger things have happened.

Alex, I’m going to go with “Who is Oregon?”

There’s no guarantee that Ionescu is coming back next season, unless that’s not a factor in Oregon greatness.

Reaction Score
This thread has become exceptionally pessimistic, so let me be the first and probably only person to state,

“Haley Jones is a lock for UConn!”

Now before everyone gets their nose hair tied in knots over my prediction, let me be clear. I’m not a 3rd cousin on her mother’s side. I haven’t seen any videos of Haley walking her brand new Husky puppy around her home. In short, I have no inside information.

But no one else, outside of her immediate family, really knows what this young lady is going to do tomorrow. I’m thinking if she announces she’s coming to Storrs, I can claim the BS prize for having called it.
If I think negatively, I'm broke. Positively I'm rich. If I equivocate I'm rich until I'm poor.
Why think negatively?? I like your positive attitude.

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to think that Geno would have a class of 1 with Lou and Phessa graduating. I kinda like our chances of getting Jones and thats my gut feeling. I have no inside information either.

Tony C. Jones or Smith or Whilemsnachtergrushunk. Maybe Geno would love to have one or all of them but it is what it is. Geno, pragmatic and aggressive, won't be sitting on the sidelines watching the next 3 or 4 NC' and not have team in them. If there is a way he shall find it.
A bit of a side line: I met a Sherif from North Caroline and she noticed my Uconn Jacket and she said to me: They used to be undefeated. I don't know why that struck me as it did so I rattled off 2 losses in nearly 6 years and all you think of is Uconn isn't undefeated. She was a very very nice person from Durham NC. Point is she sounds like some Uconn Fans; what have you done for me lately?? Geno isn't god nor is he perfect--but the guy hates to lose at tiddly winks, what does that tell you?

Reaction Score
This thread has become exceptionally pessimistic, so let me be the first and probably only person to state,

“Haley Jones is a lock for UConn!”

Now before everyone gets their nose hair tied in knots over my prediction, let me be clear. I’m not a 3rd cousin on her mother’s side. I haven’t seen any videos of Haley walking her brand new Husky puppy around her home. In short, I have no inside information.

But no one else, outside of her immediate family, really knows what this young lady is going to do tomorrow. I’m thinking if she announces she’s coming to Storrs, I can claim the BS prize for having called it.
Dude, appreciate your attempt at humor. I for one, immediately tune out the "all is lost" or the "Geno is perfect and we will be perfect forever" posts. Would block these but lately appears they make up over 50% of the posts. ;)

Reaction Score
That's a rather generous defining of northwest. I've occasionally seen it stretched to NorCal, but then only the area up around Mt. Shasta or so. As a northwest resident, I cannot claim the Bay Area.

nor would you want to these days................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to think that Geno would have a class of 1 with Lou and Phessa graduating. I kinda like our chances of getting Jones and thats my gut feeling. I have no inside information either.

Coach Auriemma is NOT the one deciding!

Reaction Score
I don’t see Jones going to ND or Oregon, if she wants to play with a load of talent from the 2019 class SC will be her choice. Stanford has a bunch of forwards who play the 3 and 4, yes I know Jones is the number 1 player in her class, but will she beat out Dodson and Hull for playing time, she also has Brink coming in right behind her, who like most kids that are going to Stanford commit right after getting in( something Jones didn’t do) I still think Baby Uconn will be a Husky. But if Dorf was right and there’s no way Jones picks Uconn without Boston I think it has more to do with size of class then anything else.

Reaction Score
If I think negatively, I'm broke. Positively I'm rich. If I equivocate I'm rich until I'm poor.
Why think negatively?? I like your positive attitude.
Completely agree. I too try to be optimistic... and try to make my wife that way when she is far too often on the other end of the spectrum.

I am holding out that UCONN will be the place...after all where else would someone called "Baby UCONN" for so many years choose to go??

Go Huskies!!!!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I am very bad at making predictions, which in this case, may be a good thing. If she really wanted to choose Connecticut, she had the opportunity to drop her last visit and make the choice while on campus. However, she took her last visit, maybe to be nice, or maybe to be absolutely sure. Seeing that she did take her last visit, my gut says she will choose Oregon. Like I said, I am bad at making predictions, so I am probably way off.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. I too try to be optimistic... and try to make my wife that way when she is far too often on the other end of the spectrum.

I am holding out that UCONN will be the place...after all where else would someone called "Baby UCONN" for so many years choose to go??

Go Huskies!!!!
I was raised early by an "up-tight" mother and for the last 60 years by an optimistic second Mother who worked hard to have me see a tiny bit of her high optimism.
Optimism is much better than the alternative.

Reaction Score
I am very bad at making predictions, which in this case, may be a good thing. If she really wanted to choose Connecticut, she had the opportunity to drop her last visit and make the choice while on campus. However, she took her last visit, maybe to be nice, or maybe to be absolutely sure. Seeing that she did take her last visit, my gut says she will choose Oregon. Like I said, I am bad at making predictions, so I am probably way off.
#1 rated players do not make their selections while at the campus. If they did, they wouldn't be able to have the big event at their HS with family and friends.

Reaction Score
Has there ever been more of a toss up of where the #1 player might go? Consensus says

1. Stanford
2. UCONN
3. SC
4. Oregon
5. Notre Dame

Then she could turn around tomorrow and choose notre dame and no one would be surprised !

Reaction Score
And what happens to the underclassmen already on the team? Are they willing to start now and possibly ride the bench next year and the year after, etc.? Time will tell...

A'Ja Wilson and Alicia Coates were probably a top 3 front court in the nation and they came off the bench together for Dawn Staley. If anyone is going to look after vets it is Staley. I sort of wish she did it less sometimes.

But reality is that you can't really worry about this. Some players might transfer, some might be unhappy. No big deal.

Reaction Score
South Carolina will have a pretty good nucleus in Tayasha Harris and Bianca Jackson. Harris brings PG leadership, will be a 4 year starter with National Championship experience. Jackson will be in her 3th year of starting.

Yeah, I don't necessarily think USC is winning the national title next season, but we have enough coming back to where I think things should change pretty dramatically from what we've seen so far this year.

Staley likes to play veterans so the only surefire freshman starter to me is Boston. Though I think there is a very good chance a freshman wing would start as well.

they should all play a lot though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom