Espinoza-Hunter Leaving Blair Academey Return to Ossining HS | The Boneyard

Espinoza-Hunter Leaving Blair Academey Return to Ossining HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better reason than Jason Groome's. For her sake, if NYS sports bureaucrats are like those in NJ, I hope she handles the transfer process the "right way" so she doesn't lose half of next season to some rule violation.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Instead of being away from home and family at a prep school in New Jersey, she will be home in Ossining and:
- close to ailing paternal grandmother;
- back with a top notch coach (Ricci);
- close to both parents, though separated; and,
- close enough to Connecticut to see an occasional UConn game.
I like to think that her local family (including grandmother) plus some from Storrs will give her a boost from the bleachers at home games.:)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...I certainly hope to see Ossining play next March at Hudson Valley CC if they make it that far in the state championships [semis/finals there].
No NYC team allowed till the next weekend in Albany when the city public champ and city private champ come up to play the state winner.

Blast from the past: I saw Ossining play Cicero North [Stewie] at HVCC. I knew that some 7th grader was on the Ossining team but only had eyes for Stewie and Ossining senior Saniya. Top 3 performance all time when i was actually in the gym....Breanna had 42/24. After about 3 minutes it was 10-0 with Stewie hitting a three/a post-up, blocking a few etc. Some nearby Ossining rooters kinda shook their heads and even though 29 minutes were left, they knew the game was over.

Hope Andra has a wonderful year on and off the court.

Hmm...isn't there an elite underclass kid we are looking at from Long Island? It would be nice to see Ossining square off against her team

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmm...isn't there an elite underclass kid we are looking at from Long Island?
You are probably thinking of Danielle Cosgrove of Sachem East. Not sure if UCONN is looking at her but per @CoachBill she is looking at UCONN.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
You are probably thinking of Danielle Cosgrove of Sachem East. Not sure if UCONN is looking at her but per @CoachBill she is looking at UCONN.

at minimal... UConn staff viewed / evaluated 6'4" 2018 Long Islander Danielle Cosgrove during the Spring
( Boo Williams / EYBL event )

Reaction Score
Well...I certainly hope to see Ossining play next March at Hudson Valley CC if they make it that far in the state championships [semis/finals there].
No NYC team allowed till the next weekend in Albany when the city public champ and city private champ come up to play the state winner.

Blast from the past: I saw Ossining play Cicero North [Stewie] at HVCC. I knew that some 7th grader was on the Ossining team but only had eyes for Stewie and Ossining senior Saniya. Top 3 performance all time when i was actually in the gym....Breanna had 42/24. After about 3 minutes it was 10-0 with Stewie hitting a three/a post-up, blocking a few etc. Some nearby Ossining rooters kinda shook their heads and even though 29 minutes were left, they knew the game was over.

Hope Andra has a wonderful year on and off the court.

Hmm...isn't there an elite underclass kid we are looking at from Long Island? It would be nice to see Ossining square off against her team

The game you speak of was in 2012 and yes Andra was a 7th grader. Saniya however was only a Junior. Stewie was a Senior, thank goodness.
In 2013 Saniya lead Ossining to the first of its' 4 consecutive(and counting) NYS Class AA State Championships. Andra was an 8th grader on that team. After 8th grade she was stolen away by Fame and Fortune Prep in Blairstown, NJ.
The Ossining fan base is very glad to have her home for her Senior year of high school and she should be a major, major contributor to the Ossining team as they STRIVE FOR FIVE!!!!!

PS, in 2012 Ossining won all quarters but the first, too bad it wasn't Medal play, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom