Equipment needed to watch Uconn BB on Nov 9th at tailgate | The Boneyard

Equipment needed to watch Uconn BB on Nov 9th at tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone let me know what i need to watch the Uconn vs Mich st. game during the tailgate on Nov 9th. The game is on ESPN. A tv is no problem to get, but what will get me the ESPN feed. All suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
CTMike, thanks for the ideas. I like the iphone idea. I looked up the cables and they go for about $50. Hopefully it wont drain the battery to quickly

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
An inverter, a phone that creates wireless hotspots and a laptop. Then just watch the game via firstrowsports.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
CTMike, thanks for the ideas. I like the iphone idea. I looked up the cables and they go for about $50. Hopefully it wont drain the battery to quickly
You'd need something like this for the iPhone (if you don't have an iPhone5) :

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter

and an HDMI cable, if you don't have one handy :

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3871&seq=1&format=2

Since you'll need power for the TV, you'll have either a generator or inverter... can power the iphone in with that, or directly in to your car for power.

In theory, this should all work. The only other caveat I'd mention is : cell service/data speeds can take a nose dive when everyone piles in at the Rent, which may make it difficult to stream video.

You almost might be better off with the Dish Tailgater setup at that point.

Reaction Score
My day will be almost the exact opposite. I will drive across town and watch the game in person in the hangar on Ramstein (assuming my ticket connection comes through and the Air Force doesn't hoard the tickets-a real possibility) and then head home and watch the UConn Football game on the internet.

Reaction Score

What's the exact name of the iPhone cable? Want to make sure I'm getting the right one. Thanks

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
DVR. Watch the basketball game when you get home.

Reaction Score
the cable is made by apple. i got mine at best buy. It is called the digital av adapter. Just like the one in the link ctmike posted in his first post. costs $40. You will also need and hdmi cable. the guys at the geek squad in best buy said this will work. takes care of picture and sound. i am going to test mine out tonight and will let you know if oi have any luck. I tried the RCA/component cables but had no luck with them, hopefully this works.

Reaction Score
the cable is made by apple. i got mine at best buy. It is called the digital av adapter. Just like the one in the link ctmike posted in his first post. costs $40. You will also need and hdmi cable. the guys at the geek squad in best buy said this will work. takes care of picture and sound. i am going to test mine out tonight and will let you know if oi have any luck. I tried the RCA/component cables but had no luck with them, hopefully this works.

Digital AV Adapter looks like this:

Digital AV Adapter.JPG

Worked good for me during storm when cable was out. Able to stream the news with great results.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
a sugestion:
if u can get wifi at the rent, a poster on the bball board couple justin tv stream the game possibly and then ppl at the rent could watch that way. there is always first row sports also but a justin tv feed would be better quality/without sex adds. i have a s video cord somewhere that i use to go from my laptop to my tv. cost like 20 bucks.

Reaction Score
How do you get wifi at the stadium? Thats the part Im stuck on

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying things gang. Not sure of any way to get wifi at the stadium, hence the need for an iPhone or android phone, with the fastest data connection possible.

Reaction Score
FWIW, in maryland a friend had a 4G private hot spot. Thing was blazing and made our TV look nearly like real cable with the WatchESPN and Slingbox apps. On 3G at the rent, it's spotty - kind of like watching a game via a 56K modem back in the day. May be a slight improvement, the less people that go to the tailgate.

Really a shame the University can't put up a screen. Would be a great tailgate event.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't see why they couldn't put the 2nd half on the Jumbotron. That would get folks in the place earlier.

Reaction Score
So i tried using the cable that was mentioned and i can only get sound. what am i doing wrong?

Reaction Score
Svideo only transfers picture to the TV- you'll need to run audio through the laptop

Reaction Score
Yea. Got a battery operated generator from bjs. The cable from apple. WatchEspn App and a cell phone. It's spotty late in the tailgate and I think I get better service in grey lot than blue. Then again I got sprint and if I had Verizon might be a bit better.

Reaction Score
Yea. Got a battery operated generator from bjs. The cable from apple. WatchEspn App and a cell phone. It's spotty late in the tailgate and I think I get better service in grey lot than blue. Then again I got sprint and if I had Verizon might be a bit better.

How do you go about hooking it up. i got the hdmi adapter from apple. i use that and an hdmi cable to hook the iphone up to the tv. I only get sound when i hook it up. Is there anything i have to do to the iphone or should just plugging it in make it work.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would think plugging it in should make it work, but maybe someone else can chime in here?

Reaction Score
My final plan is to use a friend's hotspot off their iPhone to set up wifi to get ESPN3 on the laptop. We'd then connect an HDmi cable to a TV to stream the game on a bigger screen, and plug that into a generator.

Any flaws with that?

Reaction Score
My final plan is to use a friend's hotspot off their iPhone to set up wifi to get ESPN3 on the laptop. We'd then connect an HDmi cable to a TV to stream the game on a bigger screen, and plug that into a generator.

Any flaws with that?

Silk, i think that is the way to go. best quality of picture from what i hear.

Reaction Score

Any flaws with that?

That's my plan, except we're just going to stick with the laptop due to laziness and lack of a generator, mostly.

Reaction Score
That's my plan, except we're just going to stick with the laptop due to laziness and lack of a generator, mostly.

If anyone has a Verizon 4gLTE Tablet(like I do), just use WatchESPN app, crystal clear with 10mbps connection. Or, connect Tablet/4gLTE smartphone to a TV using a HDMI cable. Or just come by our party in grey lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom