Enoch is transferring | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
IMO- He speaks to his people, they advise him this is a guard oriented program now and if he wants to develop and get the ball consistently he needs to go some where else.

I'm not worried about whats going on behind the scene because the Benedict is fed up with this Blue Blood program being an average team in the AAC. Moore and Miller should go. I like DK and if you watch games Ollie really only talks to DK.

Moore is a great guy to have at the end of the staff. He's got the mentality, which apparently translates on the recruiting trail and practice court.

What they need is a stud Ass. Head Coach. Tactical and Big man focused, willing to push back against Ollie.

Reaction Score
And people buy in automatically because what he's saying feeds into their preconceived biases.

FWIW the people I've talked to around the AD did say that upper management was beyond concerned with KO and the team's performance this year. So a staff shuffle is understandable and to be expected. As far as player transfers go, I'm with you in the "believe it when I see it" camp.
Believe what you want to believe, nothing wrong with that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Look I really dislike this transferring in and out over playing time but it happens and in this case it was appropriate. Been a while since I've seen a guy getting regular playing time at UConn who was so over his head. We were practically begging for front court player and he couldn't stay on the floor. The idea that he is some great offensive machine is simply belied by his stats. If Cobb is simply slightly below average all around player we are in better shape. If he is just adequate defensively and as a rebounder we are ahead of the game.

Cobb can't go a full game. Just doesn't have the body for it. Conditioning is his biggest knock.

Coincidentally, we just fire our 'conditioning' coach.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No we couldn't . He brings nothing but a body and doesn't do 1 thing well.
He had some good moments in the 2014 tourney. Brimah was able to translate that into a starting gig for 3 years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You guys go to games and watch what happened ? It tells a lot more than what you see on TV.

When Enoch was on the floor and UConn was defending near their own bench Ollie would literally have to coach Enoch for full possessions . Point to areas of the floor to stand. Everything . It was like watching a coach in a tee ball game positioning kindergarteners.

This is a high division 1 college player.

I like Steve and I think he has some skills.

Not a good fit for the way KO wants to play. We will be fine .

Not if one of our cur
He had some good moments in the 2014 tourney. Brimah was able to translate that into a starting gig for 3 years.

I still maintain that Brimah would have been a fantastic backup center. Unfortunately, he was forced to start for 4 years, which was not really his slot.

Reaction Score

Absolutely insanity at this point. All he had to do was put in work in the off season and he'd possibly get a starting spot. Certainly would get minutes. Really makes you question the type of kids Ollie is bringing into the program.

pj

Reaction Score
Things are a Trainwreck/ Titanic with our program. Less than 24 hours ago I heard one of our top guards could be gone and another player also. Heard another coach or two could be gone in the next 2 weeks.

I am not bulllshiting ask BFieldHusky, i Pm some of this today to him...

I don't get this. It would be a disaster to lose a guard. Why would any of them leave? Jalen is a potential all-american with a few things to work on, he will probably turn pro in a year, he wouldn't sit out a year. CV just had a great year and is a UConn type guy. Alterique just spent a year injured, if he wanted to transfer he would have left mid-season so that he could play in January, leaving now he would have to sit out all of next year. Why would a McD's AA lose a full year of play and lose the opportunity to be coached by KO? MAL is committed via LOI to come next year. What guard would we lose?

Our assistant coaches are replaceable. Our big man - though I would hate to lose Durham - are replaceable. But we can't afford to lose a guard.

Reaction Score
Are you on drugs? Ollie is 1 year removed from a second round loss in the NCAA tournament, 3 years removed from a national championship, has signed two highly regarded recruiting classes. And you compare him to Diaco. Stop doing drugs.
Diaco was definitely a bit harsh because of how crazy he was, but remember, he was one year removed from beating a highly ranked team and making a bowl game after taking over a program from the person that everyone thought was the worst coach in history (until Diaco himself supplanted P). UConn under Ollie has reminded me of the NY Giants (mediocre seasons and awesome miracle runs) . We got an NC and I will NEVER take anything away from that, but it was a miracle because the season was good, not great. We went to the tournament last year, but it took a great run through the AAC tournament and a miracle shot to not be on the bubble.

I used to look forward to every UConn game and assume a win (even if I knew it would be tough). I haven't done that for a while. I look at things in 5 year groupings. In that time we have a miracle championship run with very limited time spent in the Top 25 during the season. That's not good enough no matter the legitimate excuses (NCAA BS, injuries...).

Reaction Score
I suppose now would be a good time to ask if Diarra is actually going to play next season.

Great question. Does anyone have a health update on TL, Gilbert and Diarra?

Reaction Score
Great question. Does anyone have a health update on TL, Gilbert and Diarra?

Diarra has been working out, AG was cleared for basketball related activities but no contact- so he can shoot and and dribble full speed. Larrier is rehabbing.

Reaction Score
"Steve will be one of the best centers ever in UConn history."

A week later KO signs a JUCO big because "we have a rebounding problem."

How is this confusing to people? The writing was on the wall.
Actually what Ollie said was "best offensive centers." And then said his defense needed to get a lot better to play more. Maybe Enoch wasn't confident his defense would get bettter.

Reaction Score
Diaco was definitely a bit harsh because of how crazy he was, but remember, he was one year removed from beating a highly ranked team and making a bowl game after taking over a program from the person that everyone thought was the worst coach in history (until Diaco himself supplanted P). UConn under Ollie has reminded me of the NY Giants (mediocre seasons and awesome miracle runs) . We got an NC and I will NEVER take anything away from that, but it was a miracle because the season was good, not great. We went to the tournament last year, but it took a great run through the AAC tournament and a miracle shot to not be on the bubble.

I used to look forward to every UConn game and assume a win (even if I knew it would be tough). I haven't done that for a while. I look at things in 5 year groupings. In that time we have a miracle championship run with very limited time spent in the Top 25 during the season. That's not good enough no matter the legitimate excuses (NCAA BS, injuries...).

I'm in the same boat. I used to live and die with each game, but the last 3/4 years the program is lacking something. Maybe it's the conference (most likely as I was fired up for 'Cuse and GTown), but there doesn't seem to be any energy around the program. There seems to be no fire, no excitement, etc. Just a "go through the motions" feeling every game. Outside of 2014, there hasn't been much excitement around the program. Part of it is the league of course, but not all of it. Something is off, and can't quite place a finger on it. For the first time I can remember I didn't really care much last year and often found myself just flipping them on and off and watching other games on TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom