Ennis to NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
'Cuse is gonna suck next year.

Reaction Score
Seems like a bubble team next year to me...

Ennis is smart for striking while the iron is hot. I could see him pulling a Macadoo if he stayed.

Reaction Score
Boehiem has been doing the media rounds saying Ennis isn't ready and needs to return. Boehiem, Roy Williams and coach K are notorious for always doing everything to keep their players from leaving for the NBA. whereas Calhoun was pushing kids out the door to the NBA.

caw

Reaction Score
Joseph better be amazing or they are looking like they will be in trouble. Grant next? They also seriously overrate McCullough. He's loaded with potential but he plays soft and stupid way too often.

Reaction Score
I can't see Syracuse falling that much (their fans always seem to predict NIT years for Uconn).

Cuse has been recruiting way too well to be a bubble team.

My prediction is that they are a top ten team at some point, lose in the ACC tournament, and lose in the NCAA tournament.

As I said, they won't drop off too much :)

Reaction Score
caw said:
Joseph better be amazing or they are looking like they will be in trouble. Grant next? They also seriously overrate McCullough. He's loaded with potential but he plays soft and stupid way too often.

McCullough put up an ofer in one of his biggest games of the year. He also was kicked out his high school. Sounds like a Cuse guy to me. He is rated similarly to Christmas and Coleman. Cuse expected those guys to dominate as well.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
McCullough put up an ofer in one of his biggest games of the year. He also was kicked out his high school. Sounds like a Cuse guy to me. He is rated similarly to Christmas and Coleman. Cuse expected those guys to dominate as well.
Hell, I expected both Christmas and Coleman to be alot better. Coleman still has time to improve, for Christmas, it is "what you see is what you get".

Reaction Score
Boehiem has been doing the media rounds saying Ennis isn't ready and needs to return. Boehiem, Roy Williams and coach K are notorious for always doing everything to keep their players from leaving for the NBA. whereas Calhoun was pushing kids out the door to the NBA.

Well, let's be accurate. JC made an honest appraisal of who was ready and who wasn't, based on where they were likely to be drafted. It was up to the kids to decide.

I don't think JC wanted to see a kid leave a year early and risk either being drafted late or washing out before they had time to establish themselves in the League for their second contract. He also didn't want to see a kid stay a year too long and miss the boat (see Donyell).

Reaction Score
He's not ready. But the real problem is staying with the cuse, under Bonehead, isn't going to get him ready!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm not just saying this because he's a Cuse guy, but I just don't see him being a lottery level player. He doesn't have great size, speed, athleticism, or shooting (and we all know he definitely doesn't have great defensive skills...) What does he offer? Good distribution skills? Floor leadership? Canadian friendliness?

If his stock is being inflated by the 25-0 start, then it should be equally deflated by the 3-6 finish.

That all being said, I don't fault the kid for striking while the iron is hot.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Joseph better be amazing or they are looking like they will be in trouble.
They're going to be in trouble. Joseph is a great athlete and should be better than Ennis at the top of the 2-3 zone, but he's a disaster offensively in the half-court. Which is all that Syracuse plays.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have a year like Kentucky's from 2012/13. Or - to be fair - ours from 2011/12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Disagree Calhoun gave an honest appraisal that was most listened to by the kids. That's what comes of putting your players first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom