Ennis and 'Cuse | The Boneyard

Ennis and 'Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ennis being mentioned as a top pg and above Shabazz is ridiculous. The ACC is the weakest it has been in years. A soft interconference game does not a great game make no matter how many geese an ESPN Masterflabation will feed. The tourney will prove who is what.

Reaction Score
Cooney is one ugly flucker but he could make baskets tonight. I usually love McDonough but hearing that little extra in his voice when Cuse does anything really bothers me.

And yeah all this Ennis hype...why??? Craft will be gone soon and ESPN needs a new PG with mediocre stats that "does the little things" to fawn over and they're getting started early?

Reaction Score
And yeah all this Ennis hype...why??? Craft will be gone soon and ESPN needs a new PG with mediocre stats that "does the little things" to fawn over and they're getting started early?

Except they're both probably in their last year of school. People are putting Ennis in the lottery for this year. I guess that's the difference between being 6-2 and being 5-11. Strange to me.

Reaction Score
I swear on a stack of bibles this is true.
I worked with a guy named Harry Ennis. He pronounced his last name "N" - "isss", that is, rhyming with tennis. Problem is that his middle initial was P and he always used it. My God it took every ounce of willpower I had to not guffaw out loud every time I saw the guy's name on the daily memos listed as "Harry P. Ennis." I suppose I was just being juvenile, but I worked with this dude for 5 years and I swear I never attempted to say his last name, because I knew my subconscious brain would take over and pronounce it "EE-nous" and then I would eventually faint from my own uncontrollable laughter.

Reaction Score
I worked with a guy named Harry Ennis. He pronounced his last name "N" - "isss", that is, rhyming with tennis. Problem is that his middle initial was P and he always used it. My God it took every ounce of willpower I had to not guffaw out loud every time I saw the guy's name on the daily memos listed as "Harry P. Ennis." I suppose I was just being juvenile, but I worked with this dude for 5 years and I swear I never attempted to say his last name, because I knew my subconscious brain would take over and pronounce it "EE-nous" and then I would eventually faint from my own uncontrollable laughter.
LOL. I had tears in my eyes laughing so hard when I read your post. Not necessarily from how juvenile the story was, but more on how you describe it. That was a story well told.

Reaction Score
one of the strangest things from hoop fans is when they slight peoples height, even when clear factual measurements were taken in the summer . ennis is barely bigger than 6'1 Napier. Ennis being 19 is the real factor. He should def leave school , we all know boeheim doesn't do player development

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Then you would have had a tough job where you had to talk to people and tell them the code for the airport was PNS or KPNS.

Reaction Score
one of the strangest things from hoop fans is when they slight peoples height, even when clear factual measurements were taken in the summer . ennis is barely bigger than 6'1 Napier. Ennis being 19 is the real factor. He should def leave school , we all know boeheim doesn't do player development

I don't think it's his age. He's not some freak athlete who needs time to develop his skills.

Honestly, having seen a little bit of Syracuse this year, I don't know what the ____ he does better than Napier. I can't think of one single thing, except have better players around him. I know this much, if you put switch Napier and Ennis Syracuse isn't losing to anyone, and I would bet UConn would have a heck of a lot more than 4 losses.

Reaction Score
I was perhaps a little harsh when I described his numbers as "mediocre" but I haven't been overwhelmed by him in the games I've seen. He's just a good player, mature beyond freshman but people talking about him for POY are delirious.

Reaction Score
I was perhaps a little harsh when I described his numbers as "mediocre" but I haven't been overwhelmed by him in the games I've seen. He's just a good player, mature beyond freshman but people talking about him for POY are delirious.

Syracuse is #1 and undefeated, that's the problem. They lose a few in the next 2 weeks, that talk dies down.

Reaction Score
Ennis being mentioned as a top pg and above Shabazz is ridiculous. The ACC is the weakest it has been in years. A soft interconference game does not a great game make no matter how many geese an ESPN Masterflabation will feed. The tourney will prove who is what.

If you're an NBA GM, and you were to select Ennis over Bazz, you really suck at your job, and should be terminated. If you're an NBA scout, and claim Ennis is a better prospect than Bazz, you suck at your job and should be terminated. If you have an NBA mock draft website, and you post that Ennis is a better prospect than Bazz............

.........You get the idea.

Reaction Score
Ennis is a very good player. Bazz has a much longer body of work and a NC. I hope Ennis stays in school a couple of more years , so we can see some growth.

Reaction Score
If you're an NBA GM, and you were to select Ennis over Bazz, you really suck at your job, and should be terminated. If you're an NBA scout, and claim Ennis is a better prospect than Bazz, you suck at your job and should be terminated.

I mean, cool, I guess. But is the gist of your post that we on the Boneyard are better qualified than the overwhelming majority of NBA scouts and GMs who would, in fact, take Ennis?

Reaction Score
I don't think it's fair to Ennis at this point to compare with Bazz……I mean if someone took Ennis over Bazz in this years draft (if the kid even comes out of course) then I think they may be looking at what they think he will be in 2-3 years and I can't blame them there. As much as were UConn bias fans these are clearly 2 very good basketball players with 3 years difference…….I don't think too many GM's see Bazz as a career starter but instead a solid, career contributor ….he may very well prove them wrong as he seems to always do but for now I'm thinking this would be a tough decision with age maybe making the difference!

Reaction Score
Ennis isn't Bazz, but he is very, very good. Don't let your 'Cuse hate get in the way of reality. They are a really good team who as always has a chance to go deep in the tourney. I'm sure they've already got their Sweet 16 shirts designed.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
Haha, Albany. Nice. Visiting Syracuse must feel like a vacation.
As soon as i can collect enough bottles i will get back to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I mean, cool, I guess. But is the gist of your post that we on the Boneyard are better qualified than the overwhelming majority of NBA scouts and GMs who would, in fact, take Ennis?

YES..............:cool:

Take their body of work. Ennis, a frosh. Bazz a tremendous body of work over 4 years. Who would you rather have after this year? Maybe Ennis is a better prospect in the long run, but he should stay in school before we broach that subject.

Reaction Score
The same people who are saying Ennis is the best PG in the country are the one's with C.J. Fair on their first team all-American team. It's just what we do - the value of individual players who play on great teams are going to be inflated, and that's just the way it's always going to be. Syracuse is a great team with a bunch of really good individual players. I'll still take Bazz over anybody on that roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom