End of One and Done? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

End of One and Done?

Reaction Score
I still dont understand why top prospects dont go play in the EuroLeague. If im one of the top prospects in the country, and I need to support my family, Im going overseas and making money straight away and then going to the NBA when im eligible.

1) Some EuroLeague teams have limits on number of foreigners on rosters. Likely won't waste them on an 18 year old kid when you can sign a 26 year old guy who is ready to contribute now.
2) Euroleague teams know they only have them for 1 year. There's little reason to invest. So only the true elite prospects even make sense, likely the guys who would have been NBA one-and-doners.
3) One-and-done type guys are pretty secure in their future earnings and generally aren't upset to live like kings in college and bypass 1 year of moderate earning potential in exchange for increased endorsement exposure and playing in unique experience of March Madness.
4) They get paid under the table anyways in college. Enough to support a family for a year.

Reaction Score
No.

They already added the garbage semi circle.

No more terrible pro rules.
So you’re cool with TV timeouts every 4 minutes and 10 minutes of free throw shooting each half?

Again, college has only added half measures to pretend that they’re making progress. Switching to quarters - which would eliminate some TV timeouts and reset fouls - would be a real change that would improve the flow of games.

It’s baffling that there are people who disagree with this.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So you’re cool with TV timeouts every 4 minutes and 10 minutes of free throw shooting each half?

Again, college has only added half measures to pretend that they’re making progress. Switching to quarters - which would eliminate some TV timeouts and reset fouls - would be a real change that would improve the flow of games.

It’s baffling that there are people who disagree with this.

I’m fine with quarters.

I’m against defensive 3 seconds entirely. We don’t need anti Shaq rules when the dude has been retired almost a decade

Reaction Score
I would love this. The one-and-one guys are rarely key players in great teams and this year is the exception rather than the rule.

Here's a list of one-and-done players from Final Four teams:

2018: Omari Spellman (Nova)
2017: Tony Bradley (UNC), Zach Collins (Gonzaga)
2016: Malachi Richardson (Cuse)
2015: Karl Anthony-Towns, Trey Lyles, Devin Booker (Kentucky), Jahil Okafor, Justise Winslow, Tyus Jones (Duke).
2014: Julius Randle, James Young (Kentucky)
2013: none
2012: Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague (Kentucky).

As it turns out, over the last seven year, if one-and-done players are on Final Four teams, 11 out of 15 times (73%) they're from Duke or Kentucky.

The short of it, a rule that will hurt Duke and Kentucky and help most other teams in the NCAA...I'm for it!!
And not to mention that Spellman wasn’t even a one and done technically bc he attended Villanova for 2 years!

Reaction Score
I’m fine with quarters.

I’m against defensive 3 seconds entirely. We don’t need anti Shaq rules when the dude has been retired almost a decade
It’s not an anti-Shaq rule - it’s about preventing teams from sticking a giant dude in the middle of the paint and clogging up the lane. Players are so much more athletic these days, but they can’t showcase it as much in college because the paint is constantly cluttered.

Plus, it would screw over Syracuse’s zone, which means every UConn fan should be behind it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It’s not an anti-Shaq rule - it’s about preventing teams from sticking a giant dude in the middle of the paint and clogging up the lane. Players are so much more athletic these days, but they can’t showcase it as much in college because the paint is constantly cluttered

That's exactly what he was saying. Shaq is that "giant dude in the middle of the paint...clogging up the lane"

Reaction Score
Sounds like you're probably more adventurous than the average 18 year old. Plus none of us on here know what it's like for an 18 year old to head overseas and play professionally.

Here, let Brandon Jennings tell you what his experience was.

Brandon Jennings Sends Home a Warning From Europe

Ricky Rubio, who is from Spain, thinks it's not a good idea.

Ricky Rubio on LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball in Europe: 'a challenge for them'

On the flip side, Terrance Ferguson thought it worked out great playing in Australia.

NBA Draft prospect who skipped college to play overseas wants others to do the same

Sounds like it worked out for Emmanuel Mudiay.

Emmanuel Mudiay is not scared

I think any of us on here advocating for or against playing overseas for a year don't know what the issues really are. Including me but I do know it's not as easy a decision as some of you think. There's more to the decision than pocketing $1 million for a year.
Good points, I can see where yall or coming from.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It’s not an anti-Shaq rule - it’s about preventing teams from sticking a giant dude in the middle of the paint and clogging up the lane. Players are so much more athletic these days, but they can’t showcase it as much in college because the paint is constantly cluttered.

Plus, it would screw over Syracuse’s zone, which means every UConn fan should be behind it.

I appreciate the throwing of cuse shade.

But your argument is like not allowing fastballs over 95mph in baseball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom