Emeka and Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka and Clingan

Reaction Score
FWIW... I expect Clingan's foul troubles won't be an issue next year nearly as much. Right now, he knows he's going to be playing 10mpg and can go all out trying to swat shots. With an off-season putting in work with the coaches, looking at film, and improving his core strength... he'll be good for 30mpg next year.
IMO.. Clingan's foul challenges are partially influenced by refs not knowing how to call fouls based on his physicality vs what is a legit call. He's a big dude/huge wingspan.. I know we've got some big dudes in the BE but they're not as thick/large as DC. They don't ref games too often with people as big as him. .Incidental contact vs. legit call??

Not too dissimilar on how to make calls on Andre.. He's doing "stuff" defensively that refs rarely see. They're blowing the whistle in anticipation of a foul instead of letting the dude do his thing.. Frequently crazy athleticism.. Quick whistles in anticipation of a foul that never happens.

Reaction Score
Don't know how many more times we need to say this, but he needs more minutes. He is the most impactful player when he is on the court. It's not even a slight to Sanogo if he needs to share his minutes, DC is just that good.
Yup. Said this the second or third game of the season.

Reaction Score
No.
He needs to learn to play the 4 if he wants a lenghty pro career
And needs to stop on the 3 point shots for scouts in the crowd, As of yet, he isn't good. Plus, after he misses he is a mile from grabbing the O rebound.

I am and have been all in on him, Just play to your strengths.

Reaction Score
IMO.. Clingan's foul challenges are partially influenced by refs not knowing how to call fouls based on his physicality vs what is a legit call. He's a big dude/huge wingspan.. I know we've got some big dudes in the BE but they're not as thick/large as DC. They don't ref games too often with people as big as him. .Incidental contact vs. legit call??

Not too dissimilar on how to make calls on Andre.. He's doing "stuff" defensively that refs rarely see. They're blowing the whistle in anticipation of a foul instead of letting the dude do his thing.. Frequently crazy athleticism.. Quick whistles in anticipation of a foul that never happens.
That's the part that annoys me. They are anticipating instead of making calls on what they actually see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom