Elite Premium Portal Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Elite Premium Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gotta think Timberlake has been holding out in order to get a visit with us in. We're local and will have plenty of PT available. Our staff is great on visits, so it's just a matter of pitching fit and next-level opportunities. If he opts not to come here, it's not because of anything our staff did.

He visits UConn and KU next week.

Reaction Score
He visits UConn and KU next week.

Thanks for posting the info, man. Feels like we have as good of a shot as any of the 3 here, maybe more. The kid is good, and we have a prime example of how we could use him in Hawkins. He could really plug and play immediately in that role.

Just FYI, I'd recommend running it by the family before sharing (if you haven't already) before you share. I get some info through my AAU sources and folks often ask me not to share because they're trying to leverage their timing with the media/NIL and such.

Reaction Score
Seriously. Watching his highlights and the way they run him off screens off-ball, Hurley would barely have to change the sets.

He's probably night quite so quick on his feet or as fast getting the ball in the air, but it's close. He's a better athlete than I expected, but not great. Definitely better taking a hit at the rim than Jordan though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Timberlake is down to three schools--- UNC, Kansas and UConn. Murray and Hurley texting every day....
justin timberlake GIF

Reaction Score
Figured the lack of a commitment (so far) /lack of noise/positional fit based on our needs/proximity to Storrs were positive preliminary signs on Timberlake.. Has a long list but he's being patient with our Tournament run.

Like our chances once on campus but time will tell..

Reaction Score
Figured the lack of a commitment (so far) /lack of noise/positional fit based on our needs/proximity to Storrs were positive preliminary signs on Timberlake.. Has a long list but he's being patient with our Tournament run.

Like our chances once on campus but time will tell..

List is down to 3

Reaction Score
I like our chances with timberlake and he is my favorite fit for us out of the portal. Would be a huge, huge get.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This already happened to them with Matt Doherty. In fact, Ollie was maybe considered a much more successful Doherty 2.0 situation.
Did you hear that D'oh wanted Chris Paul to walk on?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This already happened to them with Matt Doherty. In fact, Ollie was maybe considered a much more successful Doherty 2.0 situation.
It was a reverse Doherty. He got great players but was a mediocre coach. Then Roy came in and won a title with Doherty’s players.

Reaction Score
FWIW... Timberlake's stats in 5 P5 games

15.0 PTS
5.2 REB
1.4 AST

0.8 STL
0.2 BLK
0.6 TO

38% FG (13.6 attempts)
32% 2FG (7.4 attempts)
42% 3FG (6.2 attempts)
72% FT (2.2 attempts)

Shooters shoot. And he is really, really good at it. Most important skill in the game.

I would imagine that 2pt% would creep up taking less FG attempts on our team, and not being the #1 option on his team.

94th percentile in spot up shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who would you say has the upper hand at the moment. I know UNC has a bunch of playing time available
We don’t have a clue. The staff knows who is coming back and who isn’t and what they can tell players about opportunity. We don’t. Not even worth speculating about at this point (even if we were allowed to by name, which we’re not.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was a reverse Doherty. He got great players but was a mediocre coach. Then Roy came in and won a title with Doherty’s players.
I think Roy came back after turning them down because he felt guilty for how Doherty failed. Used to shoot pool with Matt at the bar Law School folks frequented when he was an assistant for Roy.

Reaction Score
We don’t have a clue. The staff knows who is coming back and who isn’t and what they can tell players about opportunity. We don’t. Not even worth speculating about at this point (even if we were allowed to by name, which we’re not.)
The guy I was asking might actually have a clue lol

Reaction Score
I think in general it's fair to assume that 3 or more spots will open up every year to the portal or the league without naming names. That's just the way CBB works in 2023 for teams with championship aspirations.
Right, but at the moment we have 13 schollie players, 1 out of eligibilty (Joey) and five coming in. So we need to lose 5 players before we have 1 open spot. I think we will, but we don't know who and aren't allowed to speculate about those going to the portal.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FWIW... Timberlake's stats in 5 P5 games

15.0 PTS
5.2 REB
1.4 AST

0.8 STL
0.2 BLK
0.6 TO

38% FG (13.6 attempts)
32% 2FG (7.4 attempts)
42% 3FG (6.2 attempts)
72% FT (2.2 attempts)

Shooters shoot. And he is really, really good at it. Most important skill in the game.

I would imagine that 2pt% would creep up taking less FG attempts on our team, and not being the #1 option on his team.

94th percentile in spot up shots.
m8qnbZt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member