Elite Premium Portal Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Elite Premium Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol I take it back, you would have probably been better off with Marvin Barnes.

There is no doubt PC had some great teams and some great wins against UConn those years. Imagine how much better it could have been if you did not have a crash test dummy making in-game decisions.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yes, I will be surprised if he can do that. You’re right.
You’d be surprised if Ed Cooley can make Georgetown competitive again quickly at a historically great program in DC, in the Big East, in the portal era?
You really ain’t paying attention then.

There’s already talent on the roster, and he’s bringing in a couple of his PC commits. And he’s in the mix for some good portal guys. And, I know this is difficult for UConn fans to see through the blue-tinted glasses, but Ed Cooley is a very good coach in the Big East. They’re not going to be a doormat/easy W like they were under Ewing. Heck, we had to WORK for both wins against G’town as an all-time badly coached BE team.

Reaction Score
You’d be surprised if Ed Cooley can make Georgetown competitive again quickly at a historically great program in DC, in the Big East, in the portal era?

There’s already talent on the roster, and he’s bringing in a couple of his PC commits. And he’s in the mix for some good portal guys. And, I know this is difficult for UConn fans to see through the blue-tinted glasses, but Ed Cooley is a very good coach in the Big East. They’re not going to be a doormat/easy W like they were under Ewing. Heck, we had to WORK for both wins against G’town as an all-time badly coached BE team.

I’ll be surprised if Ed Cooley can make Georgetown into a good team next year with good meaning top half of the league.

I know that Cooley is a very good coach, but this is a very good league and Georgetown is a dumpster fire. Cooley also has major problems in his personal life which may detract from him getting the best out of himself.

The notion that a good coach can just step into a failing program, wave a magic wand, and make it “competitive” again is what seems nuts to me. I’d by competitive, you simply mean that the scores will be closer and they’ll win 5 games in conference rather than 2, then we mean 2 different things by competitive. Heck, by that standard they already were a competitive program. Patrick had them winning the BE tournament just 2 years ago. There’s a lot that goes into building a consistently competitive program and it takes more than 1 year - even with the portal.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Take out the very and I agree with you

Reaction Score
Take out the very and I agree with you
I think that Georgetown will be a bubble team next year and will make the tournament most years going forward. Honestly I think the ceiling there is much higher than it was at providence and i think he will quickly get it to where he was at providence.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for Fishy to see this thread.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Reaction Score
Oh, this is a Cooley thread now.
Sweet.

Then i will go ahead and chime in: About 1 month ago, half this forum thought Hurley was the +/-200th best coach in America...
He now has more tournament wins (in the last 2 weeks) than Cooley had in the last 12 years.

The media loves Ed, but his record says he doesnt deserve that love.

Reaction Score
That’s a weird fit with jahmir young.

I don’t disagree with that. Until proven otherwise, I tend to think guys will follow their coach, if they’re moving up a level and everyone thinks they can contribute, like the GMU guys and English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom