Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
It's like that every year with a new batch of about 6 or 7 commercials. How people arent driven nuts by the midway point of day one with the same half dozen God awful commercials. You can't be THAT bad unless it's on purpose.
It’s killing me.

Reaction Score
Great game by Knecht but trying to take a layup over Zach Edey in a must-make situation was.........a choice
An hour late here, but I think Knecht was counting on Purdue backing off and conceding a layup like they did on the previous possession, but they weren't going to do that up only 5.

Reaction Score
NC State vs Purdue may be a more interesting match up than Duke. Watching Burns v Edey could be interesting

Burns is wide but not tall. Edey would block his shots and never get called for a foul.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Is it humanly possible to take dumber shots than what NC State has done this half?

Reaction Score
Yeah, leaving shooters open is not great.
Neither is leaving Samson on him alone. His position will be under the basket and he will score every time and Samson will have 3 fouls before you get back from the bathroom. If you are cool with that so be it. We need to help Samson but be smart about it. This is not a team you can get away with playing Alex at the 5 against. You have 10 fouls with Clingan and Samson.

Reaction Score
Neither is leaving Samson on him alone. His position will be under the basket and he will score every time and Samson will have 3 fouls before you get back from the bathroom. If you are cool with that so be it. We need to help Samson but be smart about it. This is not a team you can get away with playing Alex at the 5 against. You have 10 fouls with Clingan and Samson.
as a last resort you can put in a system with Stewart on him and scrambling/doubling for a few possessions. Not very long - but to steal a couple minutes if DC and SJ are in foul trouble - or if you want to extend the rest for Clingan and Johnson is in foul trouble. I don’t think you want to waste AK energy and fouls. Tough spot to put Stewart in, but hey, maybe he steals an entry pass or comes up with a surprise block

Whatever we do as a scheme, if the matchup comes, Purdue has probably seen it.

Reaction Score
I am so conflicted about this game in the South region. There was a 25% chance of getting this undesirable match up of NC State and Duke and we got it : (
I wanted Houston vs Marquette or at least one of those teams to be in this game

Reaction Score
I am so conflicted about this game in the South region. There was a 25% chance of getting this undesirable match up of NC State and Duke and we got it : (
I wanted Houston vs Marquette or at least one of those teams to be in this game
I'm having a hard time as I have Duke in a parlay and straight up. Conversely I hate them and want to see Burns vs Edey. Very difficult.

Reaction Score
That offensive foul was a play too late regarding Filipowski. He did the same thing v Diarra.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
duke stinks man. what happened to the really good duke teams that were fun to hate. these guys are awful and boring.

Reaction Score
I'm mesmerized watching Burns operate in the paint. He's got an impressive touch going either right or left and is a good passer.
His pirouette is something to behold.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
1000008372.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member