Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
I think we could blow Purdue out if it's reffed correctly but I could also see Clingan picking up 2 fouls right away while they let Edey do whatever he wants. That kind of scares me.
This is the nightmare scenario. Samson would foul out by halftime while clingan on the bench.

Reaction Score
We beat Purdue by 20. Donovan’s lateral speed will cause major trouble for Eddy.

Reaction Score
Clingan is currently a mature Clingan. Edey doesn’t even have a third of the range Clingan does. What Edey has is more polished post moves and two inches.

That’s it.
My concern with Purdue is Clingan is going to have to stay incredibly disciplined. He’s not there to block Edey. He’s there to make it a little more difficult for him to hit that hook shot in the lane. Can’t pick up fouls fighting for position or jumping to contest.

Samson will be brutalized by Edey on D but the lob threat would be real because he’s so mobile. That is Edey’s biggest weakness on D.

Reaction Score
How did the teams that beat Purdue do it? Hurley and coaches will have to see what they did. But, if we play them, how the game is called will be critical. I can certainly see Hurley picking up a T over one too many bad calls.

Reaction Score
How does Donovan approach Edey? Front him and force the throw over the top? I bet the assistants are constructing a gameplan.

Reaction Score
Edey plays so calm he's almost catatonic. That's an advantage over DC and SJ who take chances.

Reaction Score
My concern with Purdue is Clingan is going to have to stay incredibly disciplined. He’s not there to block Edey. He’s there to make it a little more difficult for him to hit that hook shot in the lane. Can’t pick up fouls fighting for position or jumping to contest.

Samson will be brutalized by Edey on D but the lob threat would be real because he’s so mobile. That is Edey’s biggest weakness on D.
To borrow a little bit from Tennessee, just bring in Stewart early and even Solo to double him and strip him in the 1st half, to preserve Donovan a little bit.

Reaction Score
Clingan is currently a mature Clingan. Edey doesn’t even have a third of the range Clingan does. What Edey has is more polished post moves and two inches.

That’s it.
That's called experience

Reaction Score
Well, we gotta worry about Alabama first of course, but the potential title battle of the 7-footers is looking very real. Hurley will have his team ready for anyone. Our 5 starting guys on the floor collectively are still better than any other team.

Reaction Score
To borrow a little bit from Tennessee, just bring in Stewart early and even Solo to double him and strip him in the 1st half, to preserve Donovan a little bit.
No doubt Hurley and co. would have a ton of looks if we do get to the final and they’re the opponent.

Reaction Score
I actually really like Edey. Seems like a good guy and I'm pretty happy to see him make the F4 after what happened last year

But because it's fun to pile on..top scorers today
  1. Zach Edey - 40
  2. Dalton Knecht - 37
  3. Tie - Fletcher Loyer with 14, and Zach Edey (FTs only) with 14

Reaction Score
Wtf. They have one more before they would play the champs who are destroying opponents. A team with the other great big but a much better 1-4
And bench and coach
I didn't mean Purdue will win the title. I meant we are going to keep hearing about their redemption throughout this week before next week's games and I am going to hate that media narrative.

Reaction Score
How did the teams that beat Purdue do it? Hurley and coaches will have to see what they did. But, if we play them, how the game is called will be critical. I can certainly see Hurley picking up a T over one too many bad calls.
Relax. If DC can guard Edey even a little we win going away. Edeys supporting cast is an NIT team while ours is literally #1 team in the country.

Reaction Score
Without Edey Purdue is an NIT team. If DC can handle Edey 1v1 we win going away. If he cant and we dont hit 3s we will lose. Its that simple.
If the refs don't screw Donovan I think we'll blow them out.

Reaction Score

I think the complaining about fouls on Edey is way overblown. I do think he gets a soft whistle when it comes to fouls he commits, but 95% of the fouls on him that are called are absolutely legit. He gets hacked, shoved, and grabbed more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So who do you trust more as head coach down the stretch in a regional final, Painter or Barnes.
That was the reason why this was appointment TV.

Something was able to prevent Painter from getting stuck in his own head. Barnes did what Barnes does.

Purdue has been "supposed to be in the Final 4" all year.

UConn next plays Alabama. One game at a time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom