Elite Eight Announcers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Announcers

Reaction Score
I think the coverage also leaves a lot to be desired. Whenever there's an off-the-ball foul committed, which we don't see, there's no explanation, other than showing a close-up of the player whistled for the foul. It could be crashing into the pick, it could be a moving screen, but if it's not related to the ball-carrier, the viewers are left in the dark. Granted, that's probably because the announcers aren't paying attention and certainly missed a call away from the ball anyway. THOSE are the plays where we deserve an isolated replay and explanation. I guess the TV producers of WCBB figure the fanbase isn't sophisticated enough to be interested. I find it insulting.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Antonelli is like the Bizarro world opposite to Rebecca Lobo. Rebecca goes out of her way to keep from being perceived as a "homer" for UConn. She does so by doing her homework and looking for ways to compliment other programs, players, coaches, etc.

Antonelli, on the other hand, struggles to contain her dislike of the Huskies, and especially of Geno. She convinces herself that mentioning UConn records is tantamount to complimenting the Huskies, and therefore is "balanced" against her impulsive desire to be critical.

Reaction Score
I could not keep track of the fouls when those two announcers were prattling about nothing related to the game. I muted them for a much better experience

Reaction Score
Her bias against UCONN is downright unprofessional. For someone who says "our game" as much as she does, it's quite evident that she doesn't want any player that wears UCONN across her chest to be successful.
Voepel and ? also dissed UConn in article for ESPN... hyping the drama merchants and ignoring quiet strength...

Reaction Score
LOL!

I like Pam Ward and Stephanie White the best.

What happened to LaChina?
I wondered about LaChina too. She's a better announcer than most and also good in the studio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom