Elite 8 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elite 8

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've made no secret of my dislike for Mulkey, Reese, or LSU in general.

That said, I have some sympathy for them in that the game clearly changed when Reese tweaked her ankle in Q2. She was never the same after that. Maybe Iowa wins anyway? But LSU was in control at the time and it was an uphill battle the rest of the way.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, Mt. Hood showing off in the pregame promo for this last one. I grew up gazing at that beautiful mountain!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mulkey set Hailey Van Lith up for failure

No idea why she went with Hailey Van Lith over Flaujae guarding her. Dawn did the same thing last year putting Johnson/Fletcher on Clark instead of Beale or Cooke. Neither ever made a proper adjustment. I don't care how valuable Flaujae is offensively, if she's your best option to guard Clark based on speed and athleticism, you put her on Clark and sacrifice some offense to avoid giving up 27 points on 3pt shots.

Reaction Score
Reese’s injury definitely made a difference and she battled hard but she’s had issues finishing shots in a number of bigger games this year and was 7-21 tonight. Her effort and motor is unmatched but given how many point-blank shots she gets off rebounds I think improving her finishing is key to her success in the league.

Reaction Score
No idea why she went with Hailey Van Lith over Flaujae guarding her. Dawn did the same thing last year putting Johnson/Fletcher on Clark instead of Beale or Cooke. Neither ever made a proper adjustment. I don't care how valuable Flaujae is offensively, if she's your best option to guard Clark based on speed and athleticism, you put her on Clark and sacrifice some offense to avoid giving up 27 points on 3pt shots.
I thought they gambled and lost on Clark’s three-point dry spell in the tourney continuing into this game. They let her get going with Hailey Van Lith as the opening matchup then it was off to the races. I’m sure it was a calculated risk to try and keep FJ out of foul trouble but I’m with you. Every team in the country knows Clark can torch you for 40, you’ve got to commit your best defender to her regardless of whether you bring single or double coverage.

Reaction Score
Me too. I have office hours starting at 7 am Tuesdays and Thursdays but I HAVE to see who wins this game! It's WAY past my bedtime on a Monday night.
Trying to see who could face off against South Carolina in the national championship game? ;)

Reaction Score
It really was like déjà vu all over again. I guess technically LSU did no worse than South Carolina did last year against Clark, but it felt like there were zero adjustments being made and put an under the weather, undersized Van Lith on her made no sense. But, then again, she’s going to get hers regardless.

Reaction Score
Yes...since the media has already declared NC State has no chance at playing in it.
A Wildcat win would rank as one of the greatest upsets in women's basketball and perhaps in all of basketball AKA the Jim Valvano miracle

Reaction Score
LSU ran out of the arena for the National Anthem…have the done that all year?

Reaction Score
Are there three good officials in the entire sport? Embarrassingly poor call on UConn's final possession.

Reaction Score
I’m glad Iowa won tonight. Nothing against LSU, but that team has had too much non-basketball drama the last few days. I want the focus on basketball related matters on the 4 teams and the players in the Final Four.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed overall by the performance of the Pac 12. Plenty of good teams, no great teams. And now the conference no longer exists (well after baseball and softball wrap up), so bah humbug!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom