Elite 8 thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

Reaction Score
That Moore injury is rough. As we know with Akok if that really is his Achilles he is out for a full year.

Reaction Score
I am praying to the basketball gods that isn’t an Achilles. That is what I thought when he went back with his right foot and the foot is stretched. I saw it with Kobe, Akok, and Lawrence Taylor in 1992 with the NyGiants, same kind of foot stretch.

hopefully it turns out to be something minor like a strain or a pull

From the replay it looked like the back of his leg popped. Not too confident it isn't severe.

Reaction Score
If that’s an achilles tear that completely changes Nova next season too. Moore would be out the entire year.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Looking at the replay Moores Achilles popped about mid calf. Can actually see it on replay.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I winced on replay. Sad.

Reaction Score
That’s awful for the kid. Even worst if K and Duke get a “bye” in the National semi.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Showed him walking on his own at the end for a bit. Hopefully that’s a good sign.

Reaction Score
Villanova is very good team. They’re the most disciplined team in the country by miles. Like DH said earlier in the year, they don’t “lose” games, you have to go out and beat them with a perfect performance. It’s impressive that we beat them in February, and that we took them to the wire at MSG. Says a lot about the Big East and the quality of our conference.

Hats off to Jay Wright and his guys. Nothing but class from his program - year after year. Looking forward to many more battles with them in the future.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You can walk on ruptured Achilles and ruptured ACL’s. Trust me I know.

What is up with young athletes rupturing Achilles? That is a middle-aged man injury. I have seen a couple, but both guys were out of shape and 35+. Tendons on 21 year old D1 basketball players should not be rupturing.

Reaction Score
I have many different UConn Nike pullovers and polos but I have many other NCAA team pullovers as well based on looks. The Razorbacks have nice stuff so I have plenty of theirs. So my 2 Long walks with the pup today as well as my trip to golfers warehouse in Hartford I was wearing an Arkansas hat and pullover. The guy at the warehouse told me he was rooting for “my Razorbacks” when I told him I’m a Husky fan just hoping Duke gets beat. He was the same!! Lol

Reaction Score
What is up with young athletes rupturing Achilles? That is a middle-aged man injury. I have seen a couple, but both guys were out of shape and 35+. Tendons on 21 year old D1 basketball players should not be rupturing.
It's very prevalent in youth athletics these days.

Reaction Score
Villanova is very good team. They’re the most disciplined team in the country by miles. Like DH said earlier in the year, they don’t “lose” games, you have to go out and beat them with a perfect performance. It’s impressive that we beat them in February, and that we took them to the wire at MSG. Says a lot about the Big East and the quality of our conference.

Hats off to Jay Wright and his guys. Nothing but class from his program - year after year. Looking forward to many more battles with them in the future.

Have to give our staff and kids credit. First game lots of trouble on up fakes staying on the ground versus Nova. 2nd and 3rd games much much better in that regard and a big reason we were played them well. Houston on the other hand had huge trouble staying on the ground, always jumping in ball fakes. Add to that they were dreadful shooting the ball it’s amazing they were in that game at all!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That Moore injury is rough. As we know with Akok if that really is his Achilles he is out for a full year.
Dr. Chao on Twitter

Reaction Score
Im already expecting UNC and Duke to get invitations to the final four, the officials are the hit men.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
the skill, athleticism and basketball acumen is so night and day between these two games.

2 power teams matching up vs the two mid-majors we saw earlier tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom