Elite 8 Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Thread

Reaction Score
Purdue has always been boring. Just like Wisconsin - maybe this years team is a bit more exciting with Carson Edwards but Purdue is still Purdue. Not a team that really makes eyes pop. Hate big 10 teams. Lol. Last exciting big 10 team was fab 5.

The scored 99 points 2 days ago.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
But they always do well in tourney. Just like Wisconsin and Michigan st. That’s all that matters - just from a selfish standpoint- those teams are just not who I want to see in final 4. However I did like that frank Kaminski - Sam dekker team that lost to duke a few years ago

That team gave away a title.

The great irony. They beat Kentucky because the Harrison’s didn’t realize they were like the 4th and 5th best players on that team.

And then wth duke dead in the water their wings started jacking the ball up from all over the court rather than go to frank the tank, even if Okafor off the floor.

Stupid, selfish basketball.

Just like Kentucky.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Purdue has always been boring. Just like Wisconsin - maybe this years team is a bit more exciting with Carson Edwards but Purdue is still Purdue. Not a team that really makes eyes pop. Hate big 10 teams. Lol. Last exciting big 10 team was fab 5.
Not true
Purdue has had some exciting players but they also have had the big plodders that are common in the B1G
C Edwards is far from boring and Eastern is an athlete

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Purdue needs to play better defense or they will lose by 15.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Edwards just pulled a Shabazz (against 'Nova). 3 deep threes in consecutive possessions to breathe life into Purdue. Virginia keeping up, too.

Reaction Score
Virginia's D is well known, but damn their offense is doing their thing. It helps that Purdue's D isn't playing that well, too.

Reaction Score
BS call against Purdue. Ty Jerome just stumbled into the defender there.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Edwards just pulled a Shabazz (against 'Nova). 3 deep threes in consecutive possessions to breathe life into Purdue. Virginia keeping up, too.

Queued up the track :)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You feast on a weak conference schedule every year and it catches up with you in the big dance. History has shown it time & again.

This year the conference cupcake schedule didn't even prepare them to win the cupcake conference tourney, much to the chagrin of numerous bubble teams and their fans.

Reaction Score
Not true
Purdue has had some exciting players but they also have had the big plodders that are common in the B1G
C Edwards is far from boring and Eastern is an athlete
Wheeler is the best athlete on the team, he'll be big time before for them soon.

Reaction Score
Edwards is on another planet right now - and they’re still down...how?

Reaction Score
Edwards is on another planet right now - and they’re still down...how?
Damn right he is. This reminds me of Napier and Kemba in the 2014 and 2011 tourny. Hell, he reminds me of Steph Curry right now too.
Virginia is doing their thing, too, so much respect to them.
Am I the only one that notices Jack Salk (#33) on Virginia setting moving screens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom