• Miami/Iowa

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • LSU/Louisville

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Miami/Louisville

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I remember the ACC tournament final when Robinson shoved a VA Tech player to the ground and didn’t get called for a technical. That’s how L’ville plays in a nutshell
It most certainly is not how Louisville plays. We've heard this for 10 years. I'll take the five straight Elite Eights.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... ACC could actually have four teams at the final four!
Teams by conference in Elite 8:
ACC - 4
SEC - 2
Big 10 - 2

By Seeding - 5 gate crashers:
Two #1
One #2
Two #3
One #4
One #5
One #9

Between men's and womens tournament the Elite 8 has had
Two #1 seeds (all women's) - 6 missing
Two #2 seeds - 6 missing
Four #3 seeds
Two #4 seeds
Three #5 seeds
One #6 seed (men's)
Two #9 seeds

Men's Elite 8 was:
ACC - 1
Big 12 - 2
BE - 2
CUSA - 1
MWC - 1
WCC - 1

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
^an ACC fan still trying to claim Maryland as one of them ;)
I counted Maryland twice and forgot to add the Big12. Brain too busy mourning Uconn.
ACC - 3
Big10 - 2
SEC - 2
Big12 - 1

Apologies to Iowa and the Big 12.

Missing in action based on seeding are two Pac 12 teams and 1 BE team. Traded out for conference expectations are Indiana replaced by Ohio State, and added above expectation 2 for the ACC in Louisville and Miami, and 1 for the SEC in LSU.

Reaction Score
I counted Maryland twice and forgot to add the Big12. Brain too busy mourning Uconn.
ACC - 3
Big10 - 2
SEC - 2
Big12 - 1

Missing in action based on seeding are two Pac 12 teams and 1 BE team. Traded out for conference expectations are Indiana replaced by Ohio State, and added above expectation 2 for the ACC in Louisville and Miami, and 1 for the SEC in LSU.
Big 12???

Iowa is in the Big 10 not Big12. Iowa STATE is in the Big12 but they and the whole conference bowed out early.

It’s 3-3-2.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ACC - 3
Big10 - 2
SEC - 2
Big12 - 1

Missing in action based on seeding are two Pac 12 teams and 1 BE team. Traded out for conference expectations are Indiana replaced by Ohio State, and added above expectation 2 for the ACC in Louisville and Miami, and 1 for the SEC in LSU
So ... ACC could actually have four teams at the final four!
Teams by conference in Elite 8:
ACC - 4
SEC - 2
Big 10 - 2

By Seeding - 5 gate crashers:
Two #1
One #2
Two #3
One #4
One #5
One #9

Between men's and womens tournament the Elite 8 has had
Two #1 seeds (all women's) - 6 missing
Two #2 seeds - 6 missing
Four #3 seeds
Two #4 seeds
Three #5 seeds
One #6 seed (men's)
Two #9 seeds

Men's Elite 8 was:
ACC - 1
Big 12 - 2
BE - 2
CUSA - 1
MWC - 1
WCC - 1
Not close to correct for the women.

Reaction Score
The more I watch women’s basketball, the more I think games are decided by how referees call the game. Most referees let guards play like hockey players, while they call ticky/tack fouls underneath. This favors pressing, guard oriented teams.

Reaction Score
The more I watch women’s basketball, the more I think games are decided by how referees call the game. Most referees let guards play like hockey players, while they call ticky/tack fouls underneath. This favors pressing, guard oriented teams.
I noticed that in both the ND/Maryland and UConn/Ohio State games. ND and UConn’s bigs got in foul trouble over some very questionable calls while Maryland and Ohio State were allowed to play extremely physical in the backcourt

Reaction Score
It most certainly is not. How many Louisville games have you seen this season? Give it a break. Five straight Elite Eights speak for themselves.
I have watched more Louisville games than other teams, and they are extremely physical every single game. It's their brand of basketball. They have made it to five straight Elite Eights and also have been extremely physical for longer than that. Both can be true

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think game will

Just on this thread - "ugly it up" "hope the refs don't call most of the fouls" "hack".... we Louisville fans have been hearing comments like that for 10 years. And if I had $10 for each "Lou Lopez Senechal gets hacked/mugged" post on The Boneyard I'd be writing this post from the Bahamas.

WBB has become a much more physical game than it was 10 years ago. Stronger, quicker, better-trained players.
Consider it a backhanded form of admiration towards Louisville's defense.

Similarly Muffet's ND teams were (and are) derided in these parts as "floppers" because of how effective they were at getting to the free throw line.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I noticed that in both the ND/Maryland and UConn/Ohio State games. ND and UConn’s bigs got in foul trouble over some very questionable calls while Maryland and Ohio State were allowed to play extremely physical in the backcourt
They were almost exactly the same game in many ways.

Team dealing with injury issues can't overcome pressing defense and struggles with frontcourt foul trouble.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sigh. Of the final 8 teams remaining, NC State defeated three of them. And we're sitting at home.

Sigh.
I hear ya. ND beat Miami, Virginia Tech, and Louisville 2x. Injury luck plays a big part in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I remember the ACC tournament final when Robinson shoved a VA Tech player to the ground and didn’t get called for a technical. That’s how L’ville plays in a nutshell
This happened yesterday. No call. Not even after she swings at the player. I think someone is going to have to get hurt seriously before they do something about hockey style play in woman’s basketball. When they’re not hockey checking players with the ball, they’re slamming into screeners.

It is all because the coaches are teaching guards to body up on the person they’re defending, which doesn’t give them much time to see screens with their peripheral vision. Worse, when the guard slams off the much bigger (50+lbs.) forward setting the screen, they call the foul on the screener.

Reaction Score
LSU badly needs to still rebuild the roster but impressive for Kim to take them to final four given what they have

I don't care how ugly it is but this is two years in a row she has overachieved with what she has had.

I will commend LSU's defense, look at what they have done this post season. Defense travels. They will likely get smoked next game but they should still be proud of what they have done with NINE new players

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Womens Basketball Yes GIF by LSU Tigers

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what was more painful to watch; this Miami/LSU game or Mulkey’s sweet 16 outfit :confused:
As ugly as her outfit for the sweet 16 was, it at least had some spice and personality. The last thing I would describe this elite 8 game LOL

But on another note congratulations to Miami. What an amazing run they had. You don't just beat a 1 and 4 seed by luck. A great group of young ladies who represented their school well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom