EJ Barthel to Nebraska | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EJ Barthel to Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Last year...joining Mora's stuff was a leap of faith. Who knew how effective Mora would be after being out of coaching for awhile....and the team coming back was a trainwreck.

UConn's coaching staff is much more attractive now. I would think the ability to work with a great head coach...in a positive environment...with an improving team... would be very appealing. I have full confidence his replacement will be good.

Good luck to Coach Barthel!

Reaction Score
Worth absolutely nothing, Pat Collins is following Antonio Wilcox - running backs coach and recruiting coordinator Furman.

Also happens to be following Chris Kappas - assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Austin Peay.

PC doesn't follow many college coaches that aren't some how connected to UConn.

Reaction Score
Worth absolutely nothing, Pat Collins is following Antonio Wilcox - running backs coach and recruiting coordinator Furman.

Also happens to be following Chris Kappas - assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Austin Peay.

Both fit the profile - young and successful.

Austin Peay 10th in FCS in total Defense, Furman 14th in FCS in Rushing Offense (5.15 YPC, 217 YPG)

Reaction Score

Early on checking his follows was a way I would see who was being hired and it was quite successful. There are some people who he has followed that didn’t take a job in Storrs though

Reaction Score

On staff follows:
Kappas- offensive analyst: Christian Pace
Wilcox- offensive line coach Gordon Sammis

Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if Rosa left. He was 4th on depth chart and got his chance due to injury. All the players ahead of him are returning. He might follow the coach. Don't put too much stock into the Bristol thing.

Be nice if he stayed.
Hmm maybe Palantine knows something that no one else knows??
Stop, no chance.
He was fourth because he was a true freshman and he had no game experience. Now he has experience and we can see what he can do...do you think he is still fourth?

No.

I would be shocked if he left.
His best friend is here and his mom played at UConn isn't going anywhere
And both are on the record saying they want to play for UConn
I am not saying he is going. He will make an individual decision.

Barthel is a loss. However, Mora has proven he can make very good hiring decisions. And as long as Charlton stays, there will be a strong commitment to the running game.
EJ was one of the best position coaches ever at UConn. The players loved him but I don’t see Rosa leaving. He wants to fulfill Barthel’s prediction that he’ll become the best running back in UConn history. This football program is gaining stature and Rosa’s local roots hold the promise of a lucrative future well beyond football.
I hope Rosa doesn’t leave… i just bought two of my grandchildren Rosa sweatshirts
That’s the point, you don’t miss someone if you planned on following them

My gut feeling is that Rosa ends up staying...

But in this crazy new world of NIL & the transfer portal, every player is a free agent and someone with potential P5 talent would be missing life-changing opportunities if they didn't at least consider other high-level P5 opportunities.

• Wow
Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Just stop
My gut feeling is that Rosa ends up staying...

But in this crazy new world of NIL & the transfer portal, every player is a free agent and someone with potential P5 talent would be missing life-changing opportunities if they didn't at least consider other high-level P5 opportunities.

Just stop. No one knows anything. Y'all doing the same thing with Rosa that you did with Mora. Wishing him away so you can be sad. Just enjoy the damn ride y'all. Concentrate on additions. Not unknown possible subtractions.

Reaction Score

fwiw Kappas was voted AFCA FCS Assistant Coach of the Year

Reaction Score
Just stop

Just stop. No one knows anything. Y'all doing the same thing with Rosa that you did with Mora. Wishing him away so you can be sad. Just enjoy the damn ride y'all. Concentrate on additions. Not unknown possible subtractions.
Nope, not doing anything like what you're claiming. I am high on this program and not looking for the sads.

We are probably going to have some good players hit the portal in December. "It is what it is" in the current climate of college athletics.

Like I said, my gut feeling is that he stays. It would seem to make the most sense for many of the reasons in the posts I quoted in my original post.

But objectively, I would expect him to at least "do a little investigating" because next year, our #1 and #2 RBs should be back and healthy...making his role & amount of PT here a bit unclear.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Rosa’s family is here, he’s not leaving

Reaction Score
If Rosa is stuck here behind two people, it's likely at Nebraska with Rhule recruiting and the guys they already have, he would be stuck behind more. At least here they would make plays for him and he has a chance to compete. Great kid with a lot of effort that will be good someday, but he is still an unrefined product that stands a much better chance playing here than there.

Reaction Score
I'm a Mora guy but I hope he has Jordan Todman on his interview list. A step up for him and a proper progression with NFL experience and having played under multiple RB coaches to absorb knowledge of the position. Again I will support whom ever Mora chooses but I hope JT gets a look.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This thread is hilarious.

Right?

A kid who was born, raised, and grew up in Connecticut. A kid who is going to school for free, playing the game he loves, and probably making a bit more on the side. A kid who's actually playing significant minutes and not riding the proverbial pine. A kid whose family is not only instate, but no more than an hour's car ride down the road and living with his best friend of 12+ years.

That kid is going to pack up and move 1,600 miles away from everything he knows and with which he is comfortable?

I suppose it is possible, but I'm not betting on it.

Reaction Score
JFC!!! You are all so ridiculous with this unnecessary speculation, just group-thinking the worst scenario possible. Rosa was recruited to UConn by the EDSALL STAFF and stuck around. Save this stuff for when someone actually enters the portal... this is a waste of your own time.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All I will say is Nebraska is not the same team it was before the Big 10. That is all I am going to say

I wish EJ the best at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc