Ef the Chat Room-Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ef the Chat Room-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All year, the defense has been in the 50's against the run. The D-Line is not the problem. Everything else is.

And I'm not sure where you get this friggin' idea that I think Hank Hughes is a defensive god. He's an average DC. I'm just not willing to anoint Don Brown as a defensive god either. Don Brown's style of defense, with this secondary, would get gashed just like they're getting right now. The reason is that we don't have a corner that can cover anyone. Is Hughes capable of coaching us out of that quandary? No. And neither is Brown...

Dude, forget Brown, I'm not talking about Brown, I'm talking about Hughes. I never stated that you think he's God, but your analysis about the secondary accounts for poor defensive coaching, and you don't get that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
NICE!!! Run sets up the pass, and Cochran proves me wrong! Well done, boys. Keep it comin'...

Reaction Score
Wow, we made a big positive thing there. The guy in the white uni threw the ball to another guy in a white uni. He caught it, and ran into that empty space where the field ends. I think that's good news.

Reaction Score
Edsall was fine with 230 to 240 lb DEs. PP was not, so we have what we have. In addition, Edsall recruited speed/athleticism at DT over size. PP did not.
Most of these guys were recruited by edsall.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Damnit!!! Byron!!! Damn...

Keep working, boys...keep working...

Reaction Score
Most of these guys were recruited by edsall.

Some, but PP has put players in their positions and developed them. Why isn't Norris playing DE anymore? Why hasn't Stewart been tried at DE? Was Joseph told to gain weight?

In addition, UCONN has had plenty of RS DEs and LBs play/start. Where are they?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Alright. Now let's run it down their throats again, boys. Plenty of time. Plenty of whiskey...

Reaction Score
I understand that the defense lost a number of key players to the NFL last year (how did they lose so often then?), but the defense that UCONN is putting on the field now is abysmal, and I am not sure it is caused by a lack talent.

Brown elevated the players defensive play by coaching them and made them look like a 9th ranked defense like we were. HH is not a DC he's a position coach, specifically the D-Line. Yawin is not the same as he was last year. Yawin is missing tackles, taking poor angles, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time at times. Now, this should tell us that the defensive scheme HH is playing is making our D look bad... really really bad

Reaction Score
Some, but PP has put players in their positions and developed them. Why isn't Norris playing DE anymore? Why hasn't Stewart been tried at DE? Was Joseph told to gain weight?

In addition, UCONN has had plenty of RS DEs and LBs play/start. Where are they?
Agree with this. I'm sure the next coach will give us a vastly different look. I would move Ashiru into a pass rushing end role along with Frank. Joseph go too heavy and maybe the injury sapped his explosiveness.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just got on...why not chatroom? I'm kinda glad I missed the first half after looking at the stats....yuck. Turned game on in time to see Davis TD.

Reaction Score
Edsall recruited speed and athleticism. PP recruited prototypes.

Reaction Score
There was no Temple receiver within 10 yards of that last pass attempt. I am surprised the refs didn't call pass interference.

Reaction Score
Why do the coaches insist on giving the ball to McCombs? Its pretty clear that Delerenzo is the better option. Need a north south guy in this cold weather and just pound it in there.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Running on 3 and 4...I should turn the game back off....wow

Reaction Score
Just got on...why not chatroom? I'm kinda glad I missed the first half after looking at the stats....yuck. Turned game on in time to see Davis TD.

You're lucky

Reaction Score
Will casey ever keep the ball on one of those zone reads? Just once?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Brown elevated the players defensive play by coaching them and made them look like a 9th ranked defense like we were. HH is not a DC he's a position coach, specifically the D-Line. Yawin is not the same as he was last year. Yawin is missing tackles, taking poor angles, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time at times. Now, this should tell us that the defensive scheme HH is playing is making our D look bad... really really bad

Yawin is missing tackles and being in the wrong place??? He's #12 in the nation:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/34

And you say that I call out players...

Reaction Score
Running on 3 and 4...I should turn the game back off....wow

Actually, if you saw the first half you would see why. Temple can't stop our straight ahead running, but we can't pass well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom