Edsall's Salary Embarrassingly Low | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall's Salary Embarrassingly Low

Reaction Score
Why do people think RE is happy with what he go? When you only have one offer, you take it. You can be happy or unhappy that what your one offer pays is not on par with others at your pay grade.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why do people think RE is happy with what he go? When you only have one offer, you take it. You can be happy or unhappy that what your one offer pays is not on par with others at your pay grade.

Was that really Edsall's situation though?

You take what you are offered, not if it is the only offer, but if it is the only alternative.

Theoretically, Edsall was still gainfully employed by the Lions when he was re-hired, plus he had his Maryland buyout.

Reaction Score
I know this was about a decade ago but I thought I would add this to this thread.

"Randy Edsall, UConn's football coach, earned $0.995 million in 2008."

University: University of Connecticut (Storrs)
NCAA Conference: Big East
Division: I-FBS (I-A)
Coach Name: Randy Edsall

Head Coach Base Salary: $300,000

Supplemental Benefits Paid to Head Coach:
•$695,000 for media and speaking fees

•Can own and operate summer football camps or clinics on or off Storrs campus

•Country club family membership is provided by University

•Receives 20 free tickets for all football games and 4 tickets to all home men's and women's basketball games

•Endorsement contracts are permitted within university, NCAA, and State Ethics Commission guidelines

Average Head Coaches'Salary For the University for Men's Sports Teams: $420,883

Revenue Generated By the Program: $13,955,901

Source: BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL COACH SALARIES IN NEW ENGLAND STATES

Reaction Score
The length that some will go to, just to smear the head coach, is pretty disgusting.

You can't possibly know that nobody else would have hired him. You're talking about him like he's Art Briles. It's petty and childish.

Reaction Score
With Edsall I don't think it's as much about the salary(for now anyways) as it is about getting a chance to right a wrong, about his legacy and about coming back to finish something he started a long time ago. He brought UConn football to the gates of the promised land but then left before they actually got there. Now it's time to rebuild the program and make it a national power. The appropriate compensation will come then.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
HCRE is here because he wants to be a head coach and no other D-1 team would hire him, period. And that's fine, why do people need it to be more?

I disagree with you on no team would hire him, but to each his own.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The length that some will go to, just to smear the head coach, is pretty disgusting.

You can't possibly know that nobody else would have hired him. You're talking about him like he's Art Briles. It's petty and childish.

Edsall could get hired in 30 seconds in the MAC. Doesn’t pay a million but he could morph into Frank Solich Jr in about 18 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom