Edsall: Limited Passing b/c Pindell doesn't have big hands | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall: Limited Passing b/c Pindell doesn't have big hands

Reaction Score
Here is the actual full quote:

>>On the conditions of the game

"It's hard to throw (in the rain). David doesn't have big hands and he doesn't grip the ball with the laces. So that was one of the things he was having trouble with, gripping the ball. You do what you have to do. No excuses, we just didn't take advantage of opportunities in order to win the ball game."<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
After today’s showing and being officially eliminated from bowl considerations give the other QBs a go.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Here is the full quote:

"It's hard to throw (in the rain). David doesn't have big hands and he doesn't grip the ball with the laces. So that was one of the things he was having trouble with, gripping the ball. You do what you have to do. No excuses, we just didn't take advantage of opportunities in order to win the ball game."<<
Edsall: gives 3 excuses

Also Edsall: no excuses

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Such BS and the conservative play calling sucked. I am so pissed that Edsall played not to lose and lost anyway.

So mad froze my butt off but left early for the first time ever and now I don't know if I will go in two weeks

Reaction Score
honest to god I think the Cory Edsall crap took a lot of Randy's motivation away. like "Jesus, not this crap again". given all the BS he went through with Hathaway. He really needs to make a decision if he really wants to be here. He sure didn't give off that vibe today.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Does Randy have a list of these prepackaged, canned excuses made before each game? Pindell can't throw in the rain because he has small hands? Why is he a starting FBS QB if that's the case? Find somebody who can throw the damn ball! They can start with Edsall's, if anybody can find them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He said Pindell couldn’t grip the ball. Assume that he actually discussed that with Pindell. So what is he supposed to do?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Edsall: gives 3 excuses

Also Edsall: no excuses

Was just about to post the same thing! He offers up a slew of excuses but then says 'no excuses'. So stupid. Small hands might very well be the worst excuse of all coach excuses ever muttered.

Reaction Score

More from Putterman:

>>The Huskies attempted only six passes on the day, choosing to run the ball across the soggy field. Edsall said Pindell has small hands and therefore can’t throw effectively in the rain, but Pindell didn’t see that as an issue.

“I wouldn’t say I have a problem gripping the ball in any type of weather,” Pindell said. “The balls are just like — when they’re muddy and they’re rainy you just can’t get the grip that you want on there. But I’ve never had a problem throwing in the rain or anything. If they ask me to throw, I’ll throw.”<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Omg. I said this after BC last year regarding Pindell not using the laces being a big issue. @whaler11 can attest. If RE was actually reading my posts this garbage wouldn’t have happened

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Omg. I said this after BC last year regarding Pindell not using the laces being a big issue. @whaler11 can attest. If RE was actually reading my posts this garbage wouldn’t have happened

I thought we had a big coming to Jesus and he changed this season.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
honest to god I think the Cory Edsall crap took a lot of Randy's motivation away. like "Jesus, not this crap again". given all the BS he went through with Hathaway. He really needs to make a decision if he really wants to be here. He sure didn't give off that vibe today.
You could fire both Edsalls tomorrow and it won’t change the direction of the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom