"Edsall left the cupboard bare" | The Boneyard

"Edsall left the cupboard bare"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he didn't leave the cupboard bare, he was just too vanilla, and coach p seems equally vanilla, very boring.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
dead-horse.gif

Reaction Score
If anything the offense P and GDL ran last year was too complex for the players too figure out (or should I say for GDL to teach properly) and Edsall's defense was much more vanilla than P's defense which is anything but vanilla.

Edsall is a jerk, good riddance to him, and P needs step up his game in 2013 or step off.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
7 players from this team are on NFL teams today. 3 on offense, 4 on D

5-7

Reaction Score
If anything the offense P and GDL ran last year was too complex for the players too figure out (or should I say for GDL to teach properly) and Edsall's defense was much more vanilla than P's defense which is anything but vanilla.

Edsall is a jerk, good riddance to him, and P needs step up his game in 2013 or step off.
Your last sentence says it all.

Reaction Score
Edsall's vanilla had that extra kick though of bowl eligibility most of his years here.

Reaction Score
This is UConn football, beggars can't be choosers. I'll take a jerk of a coach vs a nice guy all day if he wins football games

Reaction Score
At the skill offensive positions it was bare. P best QB was a walk on, his best running back was a true freshmen. There was talent on D but very little on O. The D has been good the last two years but the O very poor. The O talent level was not very good when P came in. I can't see how anyone can argue that point.

Reaction Score
The funny thing will be when one of this coming season's offensive line gets drafted. Same guys who were Charles Barkley turrible in 2012.

Reaction Score
At the still offensive positions it was bare. P best QB was a walk on, his best running back was a true freshmen. There was talent on D but very little on O. The D has been good the last two years but the O very poor. The O talent level was not very good when P came in. I can't see how anyone can argue that point.
Three offensive players will be in NFL camps.

And if he had stayed healthy Masters would have been invited to a camp as well.

Reaction Score
I think the analysts are painting the picture with too broad of a stroke. It is true that UConn produces some excellent talent. But like some of the previous posters suggested, the talent was unevenly divided. I think the offensive line talent wasn't as good as usual, and that will kill a team. Remember, Kurazea leaving, Bennett injuries, and the Greg McKee situation decimated our line. Our most highly touted lineman recruits just didn't fully pan out. However, Bennett still has a chance to leave something of a mark.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
To the current apologists, yes, we were far from being loaded in terms of talent at offensive skill positions and our offensive line production fell off greatly from prior seasons (although I personally believe that this was solely due to change in philosophy, not dropoff in talent).

That said, those who believes that we did not have sufficient overall talent to win at least eight (pre bowl) games against the competition that we faced each of the past two seasons are kidding themselves. Anyone willing to state that Pasqualoni "inherited a trainwreck" is kidding himself.

Reaction Score
7 players from this team are on NFL teams today. 3 on offense, 4 on D

5-7
Yes and which D1 QB was left when Edsall left?? I'll admit that we should of won more games, but we were never going very far with what we had at QB. And the OL had no Donal Thomas's or Beattys or Hurds - we were starting fresh.

Every kid, especially Sio, attributed their progress and ability to get to the next level to PP. The guy can coach.

The guy went out and made a good hire, got Weist, and now we have a QB with a year under his belt and the first year of what was admittedly a better recruiting class than we have had. I am happier with Hughes as well.

Having said that no excuses this year. We have to play to our potential or he will be gone.

Reaction Score
Hold on. If you think PP "went out and made a good hire" totally on his own you are deluding yourself. Warde wouldn't/couldn't can PP so he did the next best thing. And it's still a big question mark if PP/GDL are going to go along. Based on the spring game, which "admittedly" is not a fair to judge how many changes there really will be, it's an "incomplete", And no one knows yet if his recruiting classes "are admittedly better". The guys who got drafted averaged about 2.5 stars, for what that discredited system's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom