Edsall Dumpster Fire, Worse than P or D, by far. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall Dumpster Fire, Worse than P or D, by far.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Diaco with PP recruits had some good defenses. Last year with Ormsby, Carrezola, and Foley up front we mismanaged our personal and started the backward slide.

PP gave Diaco players like Fatukasi, Campenni, Melifonwu, and Mikal Myers. The fact that Diaco's defenses were still bad says a lot about Diaco...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I guess that could be the only reason to show up to The Rent next Saturday.
Why was this a dick move? This might be his last year with the program and he finally got off the bench. Haven't you ever seen Rudy?
He should have been earlier, then, and he should have been Krajewski

Reaction Score
Why was this a dick move? This might be his last year with the program and he finally got off the bench. Haven't you ever seen Rudy?

We were facing a freshman QB tonight. If you were in charge of the program and your job was on the line next year do you put in Rudy or a player that may lead your team next year and could benefit from some game time reps?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
it was almost an insult to put Bisack in being he only played in what, 1 other game? The other disasters Randy let DP play all minutes.

Reaction Score
PP gave Diaco players like Fatukasi, Campenni, Melifonwu, and Mikal Myers. The fact that Diaco's defenses were still bad says a lot about Diaco...

Diaco had some good defenses. Loved Campenni. We needed Lashlee during his tenure.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Your all part of the microwave society. None of you want to wait for Randy's juicy dinner

Gotta be honest. I grew up having to make spaghetti-O's in a pot but I'm starting to worry too.

Reaction Score
Diaco failed to recruit quality defensive players in 2015 and 2016. Do the research and see for yourself, it was a defensive recruiting horror show. The P and Diaco class of 2014 was a suckfest too. Three straight defensive recruiting disasters.

Look it up you lazy bums.

I respect an effort to defend the current coaching staff, but it is not based in reality. Many "D" players are Edsall's recruits. (6 of 11) I think there are some talented kids. But, please don't underestimate the coaching deficiency though. I have seen zero ability by the coaches to adjust during a game. My god, we have given up 50+ points 7 times and 49 points 2 other times! Tonight we gave up 41 straight points after taking the lead against 2-7 team that had lost 5 in a row.

Reaction Score
We were facing a freshman QB tonight. If you were in charge of the program and your job was on the line next year do you put in Rudy or a player that may lead your team next year and could benefit from some game time reps?

The Freshman we played tonight had an offer from Alabama.

as far as Krajewski goes, you have to do a risk/reward analysis and obviously Edsall doesn't feel exposing him now in this crap season is worth the risk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't care what the talent level is on the defense. They can't come up with any scheme to at least on average give up less than 50 points and 630 yards a game?
Just think. If we had a top 5 offense in the country and scored 45 points every game, we'd still be 2-9

Reaction Score
Edsall on the post game radio show: Pindell hurt ankle, they out toughed us, guys hesitated, didn’t make tackles, not strong enough..... When is it going to change?
So, if Pindell is hurt why did he stay in the game? That’s not what’s best for the team. What happened to Randy’s statements that the best players play and Krajewski is just one play away from playing?

Reaction Score
I respect an effort to defend the current coaching staff, but it is not based in reality. Many "D" players are Edsall's recruits. (6 of 11) I think there are some talented kids. But, please don't underestimate the coaching deficiency though. I have seen zero ability by the coaches to adjust during a game. My god, we have given up 50+ points 7 times and 49 points 2 other times! Tonight we gave up 41 straight points after taking the lead against 2-7 team that had lost 5 in a row.
To be honest the only coach on defense whose players look like their being coached are the DL by Dottin-Carter. The linebackers, DBs look lost most of the time.

ECU came in with a poor defense but they hit through players on defense today. All year our defenders have "caught" opposing players rather than tackling them. The only kid I remember making a big hit was kevon Jones.

Reaction Score
Edsall is underwhelming and has always been underwhelming. Bringing him back was inexplicable and at this point I don't see any reason for hope moving forward.

That said, the team P inherited from him was a real football team, full of real football players who, man for man, were capable of competing physically with anyone else in the country. Those things have become increasingly untrue with every season since.

P and Diaco were incompetent. Edsall is probably better than that, but he's definitely not good enough to undo a decade's worth of malpractice. This would be a chore for Bill Parcells.

Reaction Score
There's probably no "gems" among the upperclassmen, but it's almost impossible for them to play any worst than Randy's recruits. Aside from Jones, none of the other defensive players look like potential above average players in the upcoming years. This dumpster fire will keep going.

Reaction Score
And to think, we had Joe Moorhead, who wanted the job, but he was passed him over SMH

Reaction Score
Send emails to the powers to be. I've recently started that and they are really good at answering. Benedict doesn't respond because he sucks, but Vic Cegles usually does. as do some of the coaches.

Staff Directory - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

I went to a reception with Dave Benedict last Sunday before the men’s game. He talked for about 10 minutes about basketball and then opened it up to questions. I asked him a football question: knowing we are rebuilding are you concerned that the team is not improving at all especially the defense? He said if 5 years from now he doesn’t see improvement, then he will be concerned and he has 100% confidence in Crocker. I wanted to ask a follow up “So you are saying Crocker will be back next season?” but I didn’t have the guts to ask that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom