Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Corey Floyd situation chapped me a bit. Was still told what a good guy he is. Then his postgame comments. Even if he was right about some of it, it wasn't his place to say it, especially after just getting waxed. Now this bizarro Favre/Rodgers will he or won't he routine. If you are going to leave, at least be honest about it and do it without all the collateral damage. He helped tank the end of their season and he is still pretending he is struggling with the decision to try and trick everyone into thinking he is some kind of hometown hero while he has probably had his bags packed for weeks. If I was a PC fan, he would be dead to me. He's not some generational great coach. He's better than what they had previously so he just seems like filet mignon cuz all they had for years was ground chuck. Truth is he's like a london broil.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I forgot how it all went down with Cooley and Michigan. He talked to the press about hard it was for him to turn down Michigan because they're one of the best Universities in the country, Warde would be such a great guy to work for, and it was such an amazing offer. He had to turn the offer down because Providence will always be home and they're going to keep building something great there.

Problem is he was never offered the Michigan job. He got the fanbase to buy in even deeper into Ed and he got even more money from the College.

Reaction Score
At some point you want a chance to win the big one and get the big money. Think Brian Kelly and his $95mm deal with LSU and going from his dream job at Notre Dame.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
I love the anonymity of these message boards. Ed Cooley is a guy’s guy. He’s very personable, enagaging and fun to be around. I understand that he’s handled this situation poorly. Perhaps he’s lost a bit of his humility now that he’s making $4M per year. Maybe it gets worse if/when he goes to Georgetown. I’d probably be disappointed if I was a PC fan.

But let the man live. None of us know what he’s going through. Don’t begrudge him for making a living. When he coached at Fairfield, he lived in my town, supported the community and was loved by all who knew him. Everyone needs to chill.
True..a genuine good guy but that doesn't let him off the hook for the way he has handled this and sold Friar fans down the river

caw

Reaction Score
I forgot how it all went down with Cooley and Michigan. He talked to the press about hard it was for him to turn down Michigan because they're one of the best Universities in the country, Warde would be such a great guy to work for, and it was such an amazing offer. He had to turn the offer down because Providence will always be home and they're going to keep building something great there.

Problem is he was never offered the Michigan job. He got the fanbase to buy in even deeper into Ed and he got even more money from the College.

To be fair, I had heard he was contacted by Michigan as part of their search.

More due diligence than anything probably.

Reaction Score
Nothing more than what is wrong with you! What person in his/her right mind woukd want to live in that nasty cold/wet/icy/snowy weather for 5 months of the year?

I have many not so fond memories of 5+ years of that stuff at Storrs to never want to live in It again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This whole saga is hilarious. What started out as a twitter meme years ago to troll PC fans has now become their worst nightmare. Their lord and savior has completely stabbed them in the back and basically told them how worthless they are on his way out.

I need to get a ticket to that Georgetown game at the AMP next year because it’s going to be one of the craziest atmospheres ever

Reaction Score
He’s been a fraud. I always hated the “Ed Cooley is such a good guy” narrative. He’s no more of a “good guy” than any other big east coach. It’s been a bunch of PR bolonga
I tip my cap to you, sincerely. I don’t know if I am completely off this idea he is a good likable guy, but I FWIW, don’t like how this has played out.

In labor issues I am biased towards supporting the worker more than the employer, but in this case I have a hard time doing so. PC has given him everything he has asked for whether it is multiple raises for himself and his staff so the don’t get poached, upgraded facilities, increases to the recruiting budget, etc.

maybe it is a NIL issue so maybe I need to reserve judgement, but as far as optics go, this whole story is a bad look IMO

Reaction Score
This whole saga is hilarious. What started out as a twitter meme years ago to troll PC fans has now become their worst nightmare. Their lord and savior has completely stabbed them in the back and basically told them how worthless they are on his way out.

I need to get a ticket to that Georgetown game at the AMP next year because it’s going to be one of the craziest atmospheres ever
I live in Boston, so I am definitely going to 2 games at the AMP (UConn and GTown) if he goes to GTown. I just hope UConn doesn’t have a game at the same time or close to same time as the GTown-PC game.

Reaction Score
The coaching matchup next year between St. John's v. Georgetown is gonna be like those buckets of slime on Double Dare.
This might be one of the funniest posts I have ever read, LMFAO!!

Reaction Score
Cooley has been reading his press clippings. Guy hasn’t won jack, and if he goes to Georgetown and doesn’t perform, will get his ass fired.
his legacy will be shot, too, if GTown fails with him as the coach. Money is important, I get it, I do, but when you have money like he has, other things will be important to him besides money such as reputation, respect, and legac.

Reaction Score
Unless Cooley has moved addresses since the 2014 fire, it seems his home in RI has been listed for sale on Zillow.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I’m genuinely shocked how arrogant this mediocre coach is acting… at this point Providence making him a top-paid coach would be the most cucked move imaginable. His pretty good team collapsed because of him.
Ed Cooley has become one of my favorite people in the whole world the last month. Seriously, I love the man. How could you not as a Husky fan? Very publically bending PC's athletic department, administration, and fanbase over a barrel in this most humiliating fashion? It's just too good.

Not to mention the awesome power of the "spoiled and arrogant" mojo!

#edcooleyfanclub

Reaction Score
Unless Cooley has moved addresses since the 2014 fire, it seems his home in RI has been listed for sale on Zillow.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
his legacy will be shot, too, if GTown fails with him as the coach. Money is important, I get it, I do, but when you have money like he has, other things will be important to him besides money such as reputation, respect, and legac.
I think going to Georgetown would be good for all these reasons unless you live in the NE.

Nobody is going to care what someone from RI thinks when people like AI and Mutumbo is going to be supporting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom