OT: - Ed Cooley OUT at Georgetown (Rumored) | The Boneyard

OT: Ed Cooley OUT at Georgetown (Rumored)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Twitter blowing up, #theresignation is trending ... not sure what's happening, but it's being rumored.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Mostly trolls trying to get him to quit, it appears

Not sure what's happening, but it's a fun show!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Haha they’re trolling hard - but there’s lots of weird smoke out there

Reaction Score
There was so much smoke around this guy and they took him on anyway. It makes you wonder if any due diligence is done with these hires before millions are thrown onto a contract.

If you hired executive leadership in the private sector like that you would and should be canned.

Unbelievable!

Reaction Score
Not that I think he is a great coach but what is his buyout? I imagine it will be a pretty penny paid just for the one season if true. Will he owe Georgetown if he indeed tenders his resignation?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know why PC fans are rooting for this to happen. Aren't they scared?

GKK5am7WQAAsusc.jpeg

Reaction Score
trying to troll an opposing fan base is simply disgusting imo

In your case it is just plain weird and nonsensical... but also rather amusing from time to time.

Because, in actuality, you are "trying" to troll, not actually succeeding. Wasting your time trolling the fan base of THE most successful program over the last quarter century when your team has not even made it past the Sweet 16 since 1996 is imbecilic... and even more so when we are in the middle of the most dominant run of margin of victory in 10 straight games that the NCAA Tournament has ever seen.

And to add to that, you keep using an Avatar of a guy who was your coach 2 coaches ago. Why not just find and use an avatar of either Huggy Bear from his time there, or better yet, Oscar Robertson, your best player ever? Instead using the little leprechaun cements the fact that you are just a shallow, envious person of other people's success.

Try taking up a hobby where you are an active participant... you will find that life is a lot more fun than spending time on some other fan bases' chat forum trying to get a rise out of strangers.

Oh... And if you are going to stay on here (which seeing how you are I am sure you will) why not trying to be like @Zissou or @FriarJ who actually add substance or at least interesting topics to debate to most of their posts? It would be a welcome change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In your case it is just plain weird and nonsensical... but also rather amusing from time to time.

Because, in actuality, you are "trying" to troll, not actually succeeding. Wasting your time trolling the fan base of THE most successful program over the last quarter century when your team has not even made it past the Sweet 16 since 1996 is imbecilic... and even more so when we are in the middle of the most dominant run of margin of victory in 10 straight games that the NCAA Tournament has ever seen.

And to add to that, you keep using an Avatar of a guy who was your coach 2 coaches ago. Why not just find and use an avatar of either Huggy Bear from his time there, or better yet, Oscar Robertson, your best player ever? Instead using the little leprechaun cements the fact that you are just a shallow, envious person of other people's success.

Try taking up a hobby where you are an active participant... you will find that life is a lot more fun than spending time on some other fan bases' chat forum trying to get a rise out of strangers.
Hate to say it, but writing 3 paragraphs in response to a troll kind of makes said troll successful.

Kobe appreciates greatness, that's why he's here and I'm fine with it. He can watch all he wants. It's his favorite

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know why PC fans are rooting for this to happen. Aren't they scared?

View attachment 98781
Could you imagine the reaction by that insufferable fan base to our east if Cooley does get canned from Georgetown and while they're celebrating that, Georgetown hires English away from them.

If you think they're miserable now......

Reaction Score
Could you imagine the reaction by that insufferable fan base to our east if Cooley does get canned from Georgetown and while they're celebrating that, Georgetown hires English away from them.

If you think they're miserable now......
From your lips (fingers) to God's ears....

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not worth a separate thread -- or me looking for the local TV station's story that linked to a PDF of the agreement via public records request -- but Louisville will be paying a $7.5 million buyout to Kenny Payne; they continue to be paying their buyout to Chris Mack; and they are now paying new coach Pat Kelsey.

What I found most interesting is that all three are or will be receiving between $200-250,000 per month. Payne's is the highest amount, with Mack's the second highest.

Payne will be paid irrespective of whether he lands a new job. And Mack has been hired to take over Kelsey's previous job as HC at College of Charleston.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but writing 3 paragraphs in response to a troll kind of makes said troll successful.

Kobe appreciates greatness, that's why he's here and I'm fine with it. He can watch all he wants. It's his favorite

You can say it... I have been on here long enough to have been annoyed by his stupid retorts and mindless drivel for a few years now. I went at him once before, and I just decided I wanted to once and for all call him out plainly and succinctly for trying to be a dick, instead of adding to the discussion like most fans of other teams do on here.

Go back and look... I do not go at him in numerous other threads like a few others do. It is a waste of time to do so, and I have more important things to do. I will not waste any more time on it. I much more enjoy good debate with people who bring knowledge and well-researched facts to the table.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Kobe wants UConn to join Cinci as conference mates. He’s never dissed UConn, just the BE. He’s not sensitive like FriarJ or many of the people in this forum who don’t understand his shtick. Lately it has been stale, but so was 20 minutes and dooommmed. Some of us still laugh at it. Others wanted it to end a long time ago.

This was his funniest bit in a while.
I spit out my coffee when I read it. BTW he hates the leprechaun and making it his avatar is his way of laughing at the guy.

Some people need to lighten up and remember his presence when Cinci, South Florida and UConn were left on a sinking ship because the Catholic schools voted as a block to leave the BE. He was one of the non UConn fans who was always welcomed here. Still is in my book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom