Ecstatic :) Sales and Lobo | The Boneyard

Ecstatic :) Sales and Lobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got extremely excited when I found out Rebecca Lobo will be announcing the Dream vs Lynx game on Saturday. I decided to send her a "happy you will be in Atlanta" tweet, and she decided to reply back. She sent me a tweet telling me to stop by and say "hi" to her. :p I almost fainted and my Heart started fluttering. Also, I got a "much love homie" reply from Nykesha Sales today when I tweeted about buying her UConn Sun Jersey. Should a 31 year old Woman be this excited about meeting others close to her age? Am I overreacting? :confused:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Got overly excited when I found out Rebecca Lobo will be announcing the Dream vs Lynx game on Saturday. I decided to send her a "happy you will be in Atlanta" tweet, and she decided reply back. She sent me a tweet telling me to stop by and say "hi" to her. :p I almost fainted and my Heart started fluttering. Also, I got a "much love homie" reply from Nykesha Sales today when I tweeted about buying her UConn Sun Jersey. Should a 31 year old Woman be this excited about meeting others close to her age? Am I overreacting? :confused:
Are you kidding? I'm not a Justin Bieber groupie, but the former and current UCONN stars are like the holy grail for fans like us who love UCONN hoops. I remember when I met Charde and her family and got to meet Geno when he was out in San Diego recruiting her. For me, it was better than meeting the Bieb-ster. So enjoy and whoop it up! Just remember not to throw up on her when you actually do meet. :D

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? I'm not a Justin Bieber groupie, but the former and current UCONN stars are like the holy grail for fans like us who love UCONN hoops. I remember when I met Charde and her family and got to meet Geno when he was out in San Diego recruiting her. For me, it was better than meeting the Bieb-ster. So enjoy and whoop it up! Just remember not to throw up on her when you actually do meet. :D
I am practicing my speech now, hope it goes well.

Reaction Score
Got overly excited when I found out Rebecca Lobo will be announcing the Dream vs Lynx game on Saturday. I decided to send her a "happy you will be in Atlanta" tweet, and she decided reply back. She sent me a tweet telling me to stop by and say "hi" to her. :p I almost fainted and my Heart started fluttering. Also, I got a "much love homie" reply from Nykesha Sales today when I tweeted about buying her UConn Sun Jersey. Should a 31 year old Woman be this excited about meeting others close to her age? Am I overreacting? :confused:
Hoping the BY Crew edit this for me, made some mistakes.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Hoping the BY Crew edit this for me, made some mistakes.
Made the changes you requested but for future reference, you can edit your own posts. Just click the edit button at the bottom of the post. You just can't edit thread titles.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Got extremely excited when I found out Rebecca Lobo will be announcing the Dream vs Lynx game on Saturday. I decided to send her a "happy you will be in Atlanta" tweet, and she decided to reply back. She sent me a tweet telling me to stop by and say "hi" to her. :p I almost fainted and my Heart started fluttering. Also, I got a "much love homie" reply from Nykesha Sales today when I tweeted about buying her UConn Sun Jersey. Should a 31 year old Woman be this excited about meeting others close to her age? Am I overreacting? :confused:

It is true that we fanatics often think of the girls like they are part of our family. Yet, as much as I care and hope for success for these kids, I don't think I could chat with them. Mostly because I am old enough to be the father of many of the younger ones like Maya. It would be creepy awkward, plus I would be star struck I do hope that someday my daughter can meet Maya, Sue, DT3 and the other ones we love. Many many moons ago, I did get to meet Rebecca. She was very nice. It was at a reception, and I didn't know what to say to her so knowing where she is from, I asked her about Riverside Park. And she let me get her a drink (I think it was ginger ale, nothing stronger).

Reaction Score
Made the changes you requested but for future reference, you can edit your own posts. Just click the edit button at the bottom of the post. You just can't edit thread titles.
Thank you

Reaction Score
It is true that we fanatics often think of the girls like they are part of our family. Yet, as much as I care and hope for success for these kids, I don't think I could chat with them. Mostly because I am old enough to be the father of many of the younger ones like Maya. It would be creepy awkward, plus I would be star struck I do hope that someday my daughter can meet Maya, Sue, DT3 and the other ones we love. Many many moons ago, I did get to meet Rebecca. She was very nice. It was at a reception, and I didn't know what to say to her so knowing where she is from, I asked her about Riverside Park. And she let me get her a drink (I think it was ginger ale, nothing stronger).
Lol I will try to keep my composure, it will be hard. At least you struck up a great convo by asking her about where she grew up, I'm still searching for a topic. Lol I told my Friend, who's coming to the game with me, that I will be out of character. I pray it goes well, and I pray your Daughter gets to meet them. Nice touch on the Ginger Ale ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty cool if you ask me. Post a picture if you get a chance.

Reaction Score
Lol I will try to keep my composure, it will be hard. At least you struck up a great convo by asking her about where she grew up, I'm still searching for a topic. Lol I told my Friend, who's coming to the game with me, that I will be out of character. I pray it goes well, and I pray your Daughter gets to meet them. Nice touch on the Ginger Ale ;)
When I met Rebecca, I told her how much I enjoyed her sense of humor on broadcasts, which she seemed to appreciate. And...don't be afraid to gush! It may well be your only chance!

Reaction Score
When I met Rebecca, I told her how much I enjoyed her sense of humor on broadcasts, which she seemed to appreciate. And...don't be afraid to gush! It may well be your only chance!
That's what I'm afraid of, "over gushing" :D

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'll NEVER forget that wonderful day that I met Tina....you are NOT over-reacting.

Reaction Score
I am a 10 yr Season ticket holders with the WNBA CT Sun. Last Saturday was "Women of Inspiration" Day plus the Sun was presenting its very first Margo Dydek Award which went to . . . Rebecca Lobo - who also happened to be doing the color commentary for the game. There is no better person in my eyes who is most suited to win Margo's very first Award!! I will try to post one of my photos from the event. Husky Luv, if you mention Rebecca's children to her you will see a beautiful smile come over her face (she has four; 3 girls and a boy) & is married to Steve Rushin who often writes for SI.
This Sunday (3:30pm) there is an exciting (to me espec) opportunity to chat with a small band of fans up in the Sun Sky Box w/my girl Nykesha Sales who I credit w/my falling in love w/basketball when she first played at UCONN. We talk on Twitter but there is nothing like seeing my girl in person. The CT Sun team is the 2nd youngest in the league; we now have five (5) UCONN women w/Tina Charles, Asjha Jones, Renee Montgomery, Kalana Green & just added returnee, Jessica Moore.
This Gram wasn't but has become brave over the years with chatting the players up & since I'm an avid Facebook fan, I have friendships with a very many UCONN & WNBA players but also fans & players from all over the world. I used to ask for autographs but now I prefer HUGS & maybe a photo w/the players. I honestly do feel I've adopted the players & care about them very much (a perk having UCONN & CT SUN in Connecticut). There are very few Divas left in the WNBA so honestly, don't be afraid to politely approach them; you may be nervous & have shaky hands but they usually help you out, that is unless they are heading onto the court to play - which is when they are getting their head into the game & won't be approachable period.

Reaction Score
Wow, thanks for helping me out. I am officially jealous of ALL Connecticut natives, you guys have Geno and I don't.:( I am also glad to hear that you've been a Season ticket holders for 10 years, I'm going on 5 with the Atlanta Dream. Rebecca was one of the main reasons I became a UConn Fan, I loved watching her 6'4 frame bring the ball up the Court(sometimes) and can also get down low on the block. She was very versatile, kind of like Parker. I truly love ALL the Connecticut Girls, they keep a smile on my face at all times. I can't promise that I will stay calm while meeting Lobo, but I will try my best. I met Swin Cash last year, and she was exceptionally nice. She took the time out of her pregame warm ups to give me her Autograph. Jessica Moore also signed my UConn Bag, which is still in need of more Husky Signatures. I've never had a bad encounter with any of the Ladies, and I pray I don't. I will let the BY know how my meet and greet with Lobo goes, rather good or bad. As for you Gram, I hope your Chat with the fans tomorrow goes well, and I know Nykesha will have you guys laughing. I follow her on Twitter, she's hilarious. I need to get more UConn fans as friends on FB, then my life will be complete. :cool: Once again, thanks for helping me out.

Reaction Score
I've posted this before. Went to a function that featured Rebecca Lobo and asked for her autograph. She obliged and signed LEFT HANDED. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I remarked about this to her and she said she did most things rightly but preferred to write lefty.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I've posted this before. Went to a function that featured Rebecca Lobo and asked for her autograph. She obliged and signed LEFT HANDED. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I remarked about this to her and she said she did most things rightly but preferred to write lefty.
Sounds ambidextrous to me.

Reaction Score
`When Rebecca signed a photo for me, I was so dazed I never noticed she signed it left-handed! LOL!

Reaction Score
Some of us are jealous over the simple fact that HuskyLuv is 31 years old. :)
I know I know, I'm old. I just turned 31 on August 19th, and I'm already painful in the mornings. :( I miss my twenties!!!!!!!!!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know I know, I'm old. I just turned 31 on August 19th, and I'm already painful in the mornings. :( I miss my twenties!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't remember my twenties!!!! (And I tend to be painful morning noon and night! - something for you to look forward to!:rolleyes:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I can't remember my twenties!!!! (And I tend to be painful morning noon and night! - something for you to look forward to!:rolleyes:)
I am late middle aged. I am only painful in the morning and tired mid day and up for the bathroom at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom