Early tailgate prep... | The Boneyard

Early tailgate prep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starting today, empty the fridge ice maker daily to have enough for the coolers next Thursday. Alleviates having to hit the convenience stores.
The wife thinks that I obsess about the tailgate, but the devil is in the details.

Reaction Score
We decided to go lobster rolls. One of the big markets had them on sale this past weekend, so the Chards were going to buy a bunch, cook them up, extricate & freeze the meat. Thaw it out the night before & reheat with butter. Easy, peasy.

In that case, I'll bring some Shipyard beers just let me know where you're at.

P.S. The lobster roll better be hot, with butter, on a toasted New England roll. Mayo lobster rolls are criminal.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Can't friggin wait boys... Started my prep a little. Got out our new flagpole for the season, strung up the old UConn flag and CT state flag. Also, did some work on my bar setup. Got 2 new wooden bar stools I'll be bringing to the games this year. Can almost smell those grills getting fired up from here! 7 more days!!!!

Reaction Score
Can't friggin wait boys... Started my prep a little. Got out our new flagpole for the season, strung up the old UConn flag and CT state flag. Also, did some work on my bar setup. Got 2 new wooden bar stools I'll be bringing to the games this year. Can almost smell those grills getting fired up from here! 7 more days!!!!
If you're willing to sell/part ways with your old flagpoles, let me know. I've never owned one and am hesitant to buy an expensive one online. GO HUSKIES!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Man, I went to Bob's in Manchester last night to see what they had for gear. ZILCH !!! Was pretty awful. Even my wife was disappointed.
Will be making my annual pre-season pilgrimage up to the on-campus store this weekend. I hope to report back that they have a few less fat guy sized shirts after I leave.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Made my annual pilgrimage to campus yesterday to obtain some new gear. Was very pleased with the new co-op and the variety I had for shirts as a 3XL wearing mo-fo. Was able to to pick up a few. The wife and I walked around a bit and along with the usual craziness that we witnessed as the youngsters were moving in, there was a different vibe in the air. A good vibe. Can't wait for Thursday.

Reaction Score
Going thru my tailgate tubs to clean and see what I have to replace. Hopefully not much.

Reaction Score
I have 2 tubs missing, must ask son where they are. Probably downstairs in the storage room, I hope.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Not sure why.....but I felt the need to load up the truck with most of the tailgate stuff. Yep.....gonna be a long few days. Fortunately, there is nothing to stink it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom