Early predictions for the 2012 season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Early predictions for the 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NC State is a trendy pick for a sleeper team this year. Really looking forward to that game at the Rent.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
NC State is a trendy pick for a sleeper team this year. Really looking forward to that game at the Rent.
As am I. My dad is an NC State alum... coming up from NJ for the game.

Reaction Score
NCSt. Has a lot of issues with both O and D lines. They may have the best defensive backs in the ACC. D dominated the O in the spring game. A lot of holes to plug at State.

Reaction Score
If we can't make a bowl with that schedule something is wrong.

As for the NC State game, O'Brien makes Edsall look like Chip Kelly he is so conservative. They are not a good team on the road. I will be very disappointed if we lose to them at the Rent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Basing my prediction on the fact that we have more ??? than last years team, but no way we blow 3 easy OOC games again and no WVU on the schedule.

Best case: 9-4
Worst case: I don't want to think about it.

Prediction: 7-6 or 8-5 depending on the bowl game.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We won 5 games against a similar schedule last year with no quarterback to speak of, and a defense that was just beginning ot get its act together and a freshman tailback who played virtually every offensive play...I think we'll be better at quarterback, the recievers will be better, the defense should be improved. With a break or two, and every team needs to get an occassional break, this could be a very good season. I think 7 wins is the floor. I think 10 is possible though not likely.

Probable Wins: UMass (and this won't be any 7 point win), Maryland, Western Michigan, Buffalo, Temple,Quisling U (aka Syracuse), Rutgers,
Toss ups: South Florida, Cincinnatti, Benedict Arnold U (akaPitt), NC State
Losses: Louisville

The scary thing is that there aren't really any games I see that UCONN can't win. I agree that Louisville is potentially a Top 5 team. They could be very good. But with any kind of pass defense, and any kind of quarterback play, we could be not so bad too.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The scary thing is that there aren't really any games I see that UCONN can't win. I agree that Louisville is potentially a Top 5 team. They could be very good. But with any kind of pass defense, and any kind of quarterback play, we could be not so bad too.

It would be sweet to have a double-digit winning season this coming year, and I hope we will. About L'Ville, I guess I'm the last person left that hasn't tasted the KoolAid on them. I think they are going to be a very good team, no doubt about it. But I am not sold on them winning the Big East (apparently Phil Steele isn't either), and I'm certainly not sold on them being a Top 5 team! I guess we'll find out in a couple of months.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Every one of our games is winnable. On the other hand, none of our opponents are thinking their game against us is unwinnable. We're not at a point where we are light years ahead of our competition.

Reaction Score
First, our overall record...

UMass: 27-13 win. We play a poor overall game on both sides of the ball, as we hold our offense back so we save some plays for NCSU. Our offensive line struggles, a harbinger for the rest of the year. UMass was a middle-of-the-road CAA school last year, so while they won't have enough size or speed to beat us, they are still a significant step up from the likes of Fordham, Rhode Island, etc.

NCSU: 14-10 loss. I feel our defense plays well. I am still not entirely sold on NCSU's QB Glennon, who will throw interceptions, and their running game will be overmatched by our front seven. Ultimately, our inability to run or pass the ball will do us in as O'Brien's team makes a few more plays. Note that NCSU's recruiting rankings and conservative play under Tom O'Brien resemble Edsall's UConn program. NCSU will not overmatch us or impress anyone on the board, but they will be a tough out.

At Maryland: 30-13 win. One of our best performances of the year. UMD is awful on both sides of the ball, lacking size and playmakers. CJ Brown is about as accurate as 2009 Tyler Lorenzen. Their DT Vellano will slow down our running game by himself, but we are too talented and disciplined for them. I expect Whitmer to have his first strong game as UConn's starter.

At Western Michigan: 31-17 win. This may seem like a dangerous game, but if we lose to WMU again, I will have questions about Pasqualoni's coaching ability. Western Michigan beat us because of their receiver play last year. Ravenall, Arnheim, and Jordan White have all graduated, and Carder isn't really a great quarterback. Note that not having Wreh-Wilson hurt us in this game last year, while we were unable exploit their three injured starters on their OL. Their defense is terrible.

Buffalo: 24-10 win. Similar to last year. UB's defense is a step up from WMU's, but their offense is significantly worse. We take care of business but don't gain any top 25 votes in the process.

At Rutgers: 27-10 loss. RU's defense destroys our offense while Jamison has a nice game against our run D. Revenge game. We do not match up well here. Hopefully they continue to kick the ball to Williams.

Temple: 27-20 win. Temple is strong at RB and QB, but weak on the lines. Their defense isn't as good as it was in 2010 but won't be a cakewalk. McCombs has a nice game.

At Syracuse: 21-20 win. Thriller. I don't trust Nassib to beat our secondary and their defense still lacks size. Losing Chandler Jones will hurt their run defense badly.

At USF: 27-7 loss. Ugly nightmare from the beginning. Daniels finally does something against us while our offense goes nowhere against an experienced USF defense. Bad match-up.

Pitt: 31-17 win. I love this match-up. Pitt is undersized as heck as linebacker and we should run the ball here. Sunseri lit us up last year, in my opinion, because Calvin McGee owns our defense. He didn't throw well against anyone else and I feel we slow him down. Will Graham return 100% from his injury? Pitt has too many question marks not to struggle mightily in Chryst's first year.

At Louisville: 23-14 loss. Surprisingly competitive, but we lose despite running the ball well. IMO, Strong is a better coach than Pasqualoni and Louisville has more playmakers on offense than we do.

Cincinnati: 35-14 win. Everything comes together in a fantastic conclusion to the regular season. Whitmer lights up an awful secondary, the defense stops the run and forced Legeaux into several turnovers, and Williams gets a KR touchdown. Cincinnati lost a lot from last year, including stars Wolfe and Pead. I can't see them beating us at home.

Final record: 8-4. It's a less impressive record than it looks, as we don't beat a single team with a winning record and lose badly to peer programs Rutgers and USF, but we take a positive step in the right direction for our 2013 campaign. The ACC games are pivotal. If we win both, we can be a true "surprise" team nationally. Win one, and we are in OK shape. Win none, and that WMU game becomes critical to save the season.

Next, bold (and not so bold) predictions about the strengths and weaknesses of our team...

1. We are adequate at kicker. Puyol is a highly touted recruit while Christen has a leg. We are OK here, but we will miss Teggart more than once this year.

2. The receivers don't materialize. I'm not sold on our guys yet and still think losing Kashif Moore's speed and leadership is going to be a huge blow. Michael Smith drops a lot of passes while Phillips couldn't start at BC. Williams was mostly ineffective at wideout last year (Buffalo being the exception) while the young guys are unproven. I see no go-to guys here. Hopefully Bryce McNeil is as good as advertised.

3. Taylor Mack is the comeback player of the year and gives us three quality corners to choose from.

4. OL struggles all year, especially in pass protection. It was mediocre last year with Petrus and Ryan in the line-up. You don't lose that kind of talent and improve, even with another year in the new system.

5. Whitmer is slightly below average at QB, comparable to 2007 Lorenzen or 2009 Frazer. He throws 15 interceptions, but bombs for 2,600 yards without taking as many sacks as McEntee did. He will be no worse than average by 2013.

6. Someone emerges as a competent back-up running back. Not sure who. Joe Williams didn't play much in the spring game, but Des seems to love him. Then again, Des has proven to be a bit of a sunshine pumper over the years.

7. The defense takes a step forward under Don Brown, much like Maryland's did from 2009 to 2010. The run defense isn't as good without Reyes and Martin, but still finishes in the top 30 nationally. The secondary isn't good, but isn't as inept as last year. We also will force more turnovers.

8. One of our linebackers makes an All-American team. I feel it will be Moore. Guy is an athletic beast. I expect Donahue will make a positive impact on the D as well.

9. Kickoff coverage remains a huge problem. I also hate our wedge blocking schemes on kick-off returns, though Williams will circumvent that.

10. The Boneyard develops a 200 page "Fire Paul Pasqualoni" thread after the NCSU loss that runs through the entire season. Dissenters mysteriously disappear after UConn victories and reappear when UConn loses again. Paul Pasqualoni wins Big East Coach of the Year, as voted upon by his peers.

While I'm not a fan of this detailed fiction this early, that's a good post and there is a lot of good stuff in there.

The bottom line of this season is this -- the schedule is as weak as it's been since we joined the Big East, we have the potential to be very, very good on D and specials and if we can just get our offense towards average we could do significantly better than 8-4. That having been said, if the QB play is not improved at all, the OL could certainly take a step back and the offense as a whole could be a disaster. I know I said this last year, but if we get "Big East average" QB play we could be very good. If we have the worst QBing in the league, it's tough to be great but 8-4 with this schedule is not a reach in either event if the defensive talent catches on better to the defensive schemes. Which, with nine returning starters, it should

Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic about Chandler. I know it's just a spring scrimmage, but he was very poised, made good reads, threw on the money and a couple times demonstrated that he has really good wheels. To my eye, it was a heck of a performance. If he's the real deal - i.e. better than the average BE QB and our tackles hold up we could make a run. Having a running back that could bang wouldn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
First, our overall record...

UMass: 27-13 win. We play a poor overall game on both sides of the ball, as we hold our offense back so we save some plays for NCSU. Our offensive line struggles, a harbinger for the rest of the year. UMass was a middle-of-the-road CAA school last year, so while they won't have enough size or speed to beat us, they are still a significant step up from the likes of Fordham, Rhode Island, etc.

I concur, but remember the University of New Haven loss back in the late eighties. I'm sure Uconn felt they had the edge in size and speed. Just need to be careful. Can you have a "trap game" for your opener?

NCSU: 14-10 loss. I feel our defense plays well. I am still not entirely sold on NCSU's QB Glennon, who will throw interceptions, and their running game will be overmatched by our front seven. Ultimately, our inability to run or pass the ball will do us in as O'Brien's team makes a few more plays. Note that NCSU's recruiting rankings and conservative play under Tom O'Brien resemble Edsall's UConn program. NCSU will not overmatch us or impress anyone on the board, but they will be a tough out.

Agree with you on this one. Reminiscent of the UNC game in '09. "Our inability to run or pass" is indicative for continuing problems in '12 AND is getting old. Need to change things on offense - scoring both in the air and on the ground. Preferrably a quick strike offense would be a pleasant and long overdue change.

At Maryland: 30-13 win. One of our best performances of the year. UMD is awful on both sides of the ball, lacking size and playmakers. CJ Brown is about as accurate as 2009 Tyler Lorenzen. Their DT Vellano will slow down our running game by himself, but we are too talented and disciplined for them. I expect Whitmer to have his first strong game as UConn's starter.

Would be a terrific win, but UConn is still definitely not a good road team. Not sure I share your optimism, especial if "our inability to run or pass" continues to plague.

At Western Michigan: 31-17 win. This may seem like a dangerous game, but if we lose to WMU again, I will have questions about Pasqualoni's coaching ability. Western Michigan beat us because of their receiver play last year. Ravenall, Arnheim, and Jordan White have all graduated, and Carder isn't really a great quarterback. Note that not having Wreh-Wilson hurt us in this game last year, while we were unable exploit their three injured starters on their OL. Their defense is terrible.

No opinion here, save for UConn not being a good road team. Would be nice to put the MAC teams in "our rear view mirrors" once and for all.

Buffalo: 24-10 win. Similar to last year. UB's defense is a step up from WMU's, but their offense is significantly worse. We take care of business but don't gain any top 25 votes in the process.

Thank goodness for Buffalo, huh?

At Rutgers: 27-10 loss. RU's defense destroys our offense while Jamison has a nice game against our run D. Revenge game. We do not match up well here. Hopefully they continue to kick the ball to Williams.

That would give Rutgers 4 out of the last 5 games, I'm guessing. And, then another year of 'yarders posturing about how much better UConn is than Snooki U. Let's just get a win.

Temple: 27-20 win. Temple is strong at RB and QB, but weak on the lines. Their defense isn't as good as it was in 2010 but won't be a cakewalk. McCombs has a nice game.

Let's get Temple to play West Virginia, with the winner coming to Rentschler Field to play UConn and give loyal fans a good taste of BCS football as promise back when UConn was making the jump into D1. . As for Temple - see Western Michigan comments.

At Syracuse: 21-20 win. Thriller. I don't trust Nassib to beat our secondary and their defense still lacks size. Losing Chandler Jones will hurt their run defense badly.

Just don't lose. Again, the "road" beckons.

At USF: 27-7 loss. Ugly nightmare from the beginning. Daniels finally does something against us while our offense goes nowhere against an experienced USF defense. Bad match-up.

FYI, Daniels had UConn beat in '09 (the Snow Bowl) save for the heroics of Teggart's last play, clutch FG. Daniels engineered a second half comeback that absolutely rendered helpless the UConn defense by the fourth quarter. For once, it was the offense to the rescue with a big time drive on its last possession.

Pitt: 31-17 win. I love this match-up. Pitt is undersized as heck as linebacker and we should run the ball here. Sunseri lit us up last year, in my opinion, because Calvin McGee owns our defense. He didn't throw well against anyone else and I feel we slow him down. Will Graham return 100% from his injury? Pitt has too many question marks not to struggle mightily in Chryst's first year.

Don't know on this one. UConn is very "Dow Jones" when they step on the field against Pitt. Over the years, they've had some of their finest moments and worst moments. "Our inability to run or pass"??? I'm thinking UConn will be able to run this season (they always can), as for passing . . . anybody seen Dan Orlovsky?

At Louisville: 23-14 loss. Surprisingly competitive, but we lose despite running the ball well. IMO, Strong is a better coach than Pasqualoni and Louisville has more playmakers on offense than we do.

Road game, enough said. However, if UConn can put together a much better offense this season . . . this one could be interesting.

Cincinnati: 35-14 win. Everything comes together in a fantastic conclusion to the regular season. Whitmer lights up an awful secondary, the defense stops the run and forced Legeaux into several turnovers, and Williams gets a KR touchdown. Cincinnati lost a lot from last year, including stars Wolfe and Pead. I can't see them beating us at home.

It's a home game, so that much is going for the Huskies.

Final record: 8-4. It's a less impressive record than it looks, as we don't beat a single team with a winning record and lose badly to peer programs Rutgers and USF, but we take a positive step in the right direction for our 2013 campaign. The ACC games are pivotal. (Totally agree here. These games are the most important on the schedule given the crippled, devalued and uncertain state of the conference). If we win both, we can be a true "surprise" team nationally. Win one, and we are in OK shape. Win none, and that WMU game becomes critical to save the season.

Next, bold (and not so bold) predictions about the strengths and weaknesses of our team...

1. We are adequate at kicker. Puyol is a highly touted recruit while Christen has a leg. We are OK here, but we will miss Teggart more than once this year.

2. The receivers don't materialize. I'm not sold on our guys yet and still think losing Kashif Moore's speed and leadership is going to be a huge blow. Michael Smith drops a lot of passes while Phillips couldn't start at BC. Williams was mostly ineffective at wideout last year (Buffalo being the exception) while the young guys are unproven. I see no go-to guys here. Hopefully Bryce McNeil is as good as advertised.

Phillips and McNeil hold the key. All others are suspect (until proven otherwise) given UConn's dismal track record over the past 5 years or so - save for a special guest appearance by Easley for 8 or 9 glorious games.

3. Taylor Mack is the comeback player of the year and gives us three quality corners to choose from.

4. OL struggles all year, especially in pass protection. It was mediocre last year with Petrus and Ryan in the line-up. You don't lose that kind of talent and improve, even with another year in the new system.

And I thought this was an area where Randy really shined in his "recruiting successes".

5. Whitmer is slightly below average at QB, comparable to 2007 Lorenzen or 2009 Frazer. He throws 15 interceptions, but bombs for 2,600 yards without taking as many sacks as McEntee did. He will be no worse than average by 2013.

Anything has got to be better than last season. Please though, if there is "cosmic justice" out there let Whitmer be a better passer than Lorenzen (setting the bar low). It would be nice, however, if he could tuck it and run like the NFL caliber athlete Lorenzen (a bar set quite high).

6. Someone emerges as a competent back-up running back. Not sure who. Joe Williams didn't play much in the spring game, but Des seems to love him. Then again, Des has proven to be a bit of a sunshine pumper over the years.

7. The defense takes a step forward under Don Brown, much like Maryland's did from 2009 to 2010. The run defense isn't as good without Reyes and Martin, but still finishes in the top 30 nationally. The secondary isn't good, but isn't as inept as last year. We also will force more turnovers.

Let's just hope they don't put more TD's on the scoreboard than the UConn offense.

8. One of our linebackers makes an All-American team. I feel it will be Moore. Guy is an athletic beast. I expect Donahue will make a positive impact on the D as well.

On paper, good corp of LBs.

9. Kickoff coverage remains a huge problem. I also hate our wedge blocking schemes on kick-off returns, though Williams will circumvent that.

10. The Boneyard develops a 200 page "Fire Paul Pasqualoni" thread after the NCSU loss that runs through the entire season. Dissenters mysteriously disappear after UConn victories and reappear when UConn loses again. Paul Pasqualoni wins Big East Coach of the Year, as voted upon by his peers.

Not in agreement with everything UCbaseball, but a real good post. Very thorough and for the record, I hope the 8-4 turns out to be correct compared to my 5-7. Fix the problems on the road. Score touchdowns on offense like they really are better than FGs. Benefit from a little luck. And who knows . . . maybe 7-5, maybe even that 8-4. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
W vs UMASS... a 25-30 point blow out. Defense either shuts them out or allows a field goal.

W vs NC ST... because our running game and tight end contribution is improved from last year and.... it's early enough in the season where the offensive line is still healthy and together. That helps to open up the passing game a bit and Whitmer starts to make believers out of skeptics. The D is solid and keeps them to 14 or less points.

UConn is feeling good about itself and gets another W at Maryland because A) Temple gives them more of a fight than they expected the week before and B) UConn owes Edsall a beating for the crappy way he left. The coaches know how to spark that adrenalin and the media are all over this match up for a couple weeks leading to it. The team is as focused as anyone can remember( the coaches keep reminding them that the ACC doesn't think they are good enough to belong and if that doesn't get them pumped nothing will).

W at W. Michigan even though UConn starts out sluggish from a letdown in motivation/aggressiveness/whatever. WMU is similarly sluggish from the tough early season schedule(at Illinois to open and at Minn the week before). UConn has more in the tank over the lAong haul and wins convincingly enough.

At 4-0 the bandwagon starts to fill up and so does the Rent. Buffalo comes to town after taking a real beating by Georgia to open the season and getting into a dog fight with Kent St. the week before. UConn breezes through this one. One or more back up QB's see action and the defense starts to look real scary. They basically manhandle the Bison.

If Rutgers is 2-2 they will be doing good but the beating Arkansas puts on them 2 weeks earlier hurts more than their week off can mend. Still.... UConn comes to Rutgers with no weeks off and Rutgers has a week to rest. It gets ugly, real ugly but late heroics and a little more stamina on the UConn side put them over the edge.

W vs Temple. Even though Temple has had more rest(2 open dates vs none for UConn) they are not yet the caliber UConn is and UConn is really feeling good about itself coming into this game. The Huskies win respectably but no blow out. Guys are getting tired.

At the Cuse could be the first loss. So far the Huskies have played every Saturday except the opener vs UMass. This one is a Friday night game(8pm) so one day less to recoup/prepare and still no week off. Even though this will be the 3rd game in 3 weeks for Syracuse they have had one weekend off to the Huskies none. Syracuse has had some tough games(USC, Minn, Pitt, N.Western, Rutty) compared to Uconn so again it comes down to who has the most left in the tank come the 4th quarter. Either way on this one.

A week off and time for a body count.

L at USF. At this point the Bulls would have beaten Temple, rested, possibly beaten Louisville on the road and then won at home against a tired Syracuse team. They are on a roll(mini maybe) but beating UConn puts them in a sweet spot with a weeks rest coming up.

L vs Pitt. Guys are tired. Injuries are starting to mount. Offensive line is tired. Pitt has played Buffalo, Temple and at Notre Dame the last 3 weeks and are looking at a week off. Again this is a short week being a Friday game.

A much needed week off.

L at Louisville. The Huskies are not going to run the table and of any game during 2012 this is the most likely one they will lose.

vs Cincy. Last game of the regular season. This game decides where they go. Too close for me to call. All depends on what they have left after the Louisville game.

My prediction: 8-4, 7-5 they fade towards the end which keeps them out of what during mid season looked hopefully like a top 25 ranking. That concerns the naysayers who didn't like the PP hiring in the first place. They play in a bowl, they solidify the #1 QB spot. The running game has improved. The offensive line is better but takes over the #1 concern for improvement for the next season(replacing the QB situation from 2012). Their recruiting continues to improve but a 10+ win season could really get that snow ball growing, yet they build a solid foundation for the 2013 campaign.

Reaction Score
Just for fun...subject to change

W - UMass - it's still the first game though so while we win easily and are never in doubt the score is something like 28-17.

L - NC State - This is a decent team with an underrated, if boring, coach. I think we lose 21-20 on a last second field goal. I know not having Teggart is going to cost us and I'm calling this game as the only game it impacts the win column.

W - Maryland - Obviously the fans and players want this win but I'm going to say Don Brown wants it's more than any of us and that's the biggest difference in this game...35-10

W - Western Michigan - this also has a pay back element and we get to see how far this team has come under HCP. 28-7

W - Rutty - I was surprised by how hard it was to adjust to a new coach and I think this early in the season they haven't figured it out yet. Closer game than last year ;) 24-20

W - Temple - We've seen this team put up a fight but this time we're ready and take care of business 28 - 12 (Johnny comes in at the end and takes a safety...)

W - Cuse - They just don't have it on the lines. HCP adds to his record Big East win total with one more against his former team and we send Cuse off to the ACC like the has been they are.

L - USF - I know they don't normally live up to the hype but I think this may be a good year for them. Solid QB, good athletes all over the field, and a coach that knows what he's doing. We don't make it easy thanks to our defense but go down 24 - 21

W - Pitt - It's late in the season so the coaching thing is less of an issue than it was for Rutty but I just think we're actually better than Pitt. While our guys might be getting tired they are also in rhythm and are stinging from the loss at USF and understand the chance they have to do something special. The glory goes to the kicker after Lyle McCombs carries us on his back 17-14 (bad weather keeps the game low scoring.

L- Louisville - They have a good line on both sides of the ball and one of the best coaches in the league. TB takes a big step forward as QB for them and neither team surprises the other this late in the season. 23 - 17

W - Cincy - After a full season we see some of the growth we were hoping for. Whitmer out Cincy's Cincy as we pass for 400 yards in the air...(even I'm surprised and I can see the future). The win ties us for another Big East Champtionship but with losses to USF and Louisville we don't get to go to the Orange Bowl instead playing OK in the Pinstripes Bowl and beating them senseless for our 10th win of the year.

GO HUSKIES!!

pj

Reaction Score
It's a very interesting game when you lose 21-20 on a last second field goal. 7 field goals or safety, TD and 4 FGs?

Otherwise, well done and basically how I see it too. Louisville seems like the only high-probability loss but 6 other games should be highly competitive. I think we go either 3-3 or 4-2 in those for 8-4 or 9-3, but I hold out hope for 10-2. Nightmare: we lose to Maryland and Rutgers.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Two things strike me about the schedule; I don't think that Louisville is going to be the juggernaut that everyone else thinks they will be, and I don't think that Maryland will be the cupcake that everyone else thinks they will be. I could be wrong about both, but....UConn 13-0....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nightmare: we lose to Maryland and Rutgers.
I can put up with a lot of outcomes, but those would make me sick to my stomach.

Reaction Score
Hi pj,

I was thinking that we had scored two touchdowns and two field goals while missing two including a 44 yarder and a 39 yarder as time expires. Not a disaster kicking but a kick that Teggart probably makes in that situation. NC State gets 3 TDs, one on Def, for a hard fought win.

CTMike and pj...could agree more. That's how I know we have a rivalry with Rutgers. You never want to lose but taking Rutgers out of the BCS bowl and preventing them from getting there first BE Title made a 5-7 season feel much better than it really was.

Reaction Score
The bottom line, for me, is QB play. It has been mediocre to awful since Dan O left and I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I hope I'm wrong, I really do but last year when we ran different QBs in all game long really made me nervous. I also worry that our recruiting hasn't really taken off. Based on the BCS game and the idea that PP had all these hs coaches praising his hire I would have thought we would have gotten more of a lift. RE was a genius at choosing the right guys and getting the most out of them. PP is still on watch - I thought we would have had a few more high profile guys. It's still early in his regime so...

That being said...
8-4 or above I am ecstatic
7-5 I'm happy we are turning the corner, maybe I'm going to the Bowl.
6-6 About what I expect. Remember, we are not scaring many teams on this schedule. A lot of them have us circled as a win.
5-7 Ugh

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, let me give you one reason to be optimistic about QB play this year...

Coach Day.

We have a new QB coach with some NFL experience along with the new players in Whitmer and Cochran. I'm not saying it's a guarantee but getting some new blood in there is one reason to at least expect something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom