Early Look at 2020-2021 from VU Hoops | The Boneyard

Early Look at 2020-2021 from VU Hoops

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Villanova is stacked. Team to beat.

Creighton is going to be very good.

Seton Hall is becoming a perennially strong program. I think Seton Hall could have made the Final Four and even won a title this season. We will never know.

I think St. Johns is going to be pretty good with Figeroa back. I am a big fan of Mike Anderson as a coach. I don't think he will win a title in Queens, but I think he should have St. Johns in the tournament just about every year starting next season.

Georgetown will be solid if McClung returns.

Providence will be decent with Duke.

Depaul could struggle if Reed does not come back. Marquette and Butler have really big losses to replace. I don't know what to make of Xavier. I like Freemantle a lot, but I am not crazy about the coach.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score

Seton Hall is becoming a perennially strong program. I think Seton Hall could have made the Final Four and even won a title this season. We will never know.

I think St. Johns is going to be pretty good with Figeroa back. I am a big fan of Mike Anderson as a coach. I don't think he will win a title in Queens, but I think he should have St. Johns in the tournament just about every year starting next season.

Depaul could struggle if Reed does not come back. Marquette and Butler have really big losses to replace. I don't know what to make of Xavier. I like Freemantle a lot, but I am not crazy about the coach.
Marquette's recruiting class is looking pretty solid. I'd be surprised if they don't steal some big games in Big East play next year.

Reaction Score
Marquette's recruiting class is looking pretty solid. I'd be surprised if they don't steal some big games in Big East play next year.
same with Xavier. here's a little AAC v BE recruiting class comparison:

35. Houston---17. Marquette
46. Cincinnati--18. UConn
71. Wichita St--20. Xavier
75. Temple-----24. Creighton
88. UCF---------39. Gtown
90. Tulane------42. Butler
101. USF--------76. SJU
109. ECSU------83. Hall
130. Memphis--84. PC
131. Tulsa------113. Depaul
NR. SMU--------NR. Nova (but maybe the best team in the country)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"Decent" with Duke, Reeves, Watson top big in the BE and a another yr of Greg Gnatt. All top 80 players. Looking more than decent.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note that Jay Wright has been the VU coach for 18 seasons. Took him 4 years to get a VU team into the NCAAs. 8 years for a Final Four and 15 for a NC.

Reaction Score
I dont know about you guys but I love when theres a few loaded teams in the conference besides us. I hope Gtown, Seton Hall and St. Johns start putting some great teams together. There is nothing more satisfying than beating the best at their best. Im one of those people that gets P`d off when the opposing teams best player is out when we have a face off. I love my Bulls, Bears and Mets but nothing gives me the Peter tingles like when Uconn is playing at an elite level and that's saying a lot.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note that Jay Wright has been the VU coach for 18 seasons. Took him 4 years to get a VU team into the NCAAs. 8 years for a Final Four and 15 for a NC.

I remember Vitale wetting his pants over Wright when he was hired, but (oddly) spent most of his time talking about Wright's clothes year after year.
Were you hinting that DH may be on a faster arc towards #5?

Reaction Score
I remember Vitale wetting his pants over Wright when he was hired, but (oddly) spent most of his time talking about Wright's clothes year after year.
Were you hinting that DH may be on a faster arc towards #5?

No, the opposite. Think we are expecting too much too soon from DH and we need to be patient.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think UConn falls in the St. Johns, Georgetown (if McClung returns) and PC middle of the pack. I think those teams are fighting for 4th through 7th in the league.

I may be underrating Xavier because I don't like the coach. They could surprise to the upside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom