Early Lines.... | The Boneyard

Early Lines....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is the yard looking at? These lines caught my eye. I like the team listed first.

Bama -50 vs. Florida Atlantic
Cuse +2 at Minn
Florida -24.5 vs Kentucky
Cal +15 at USC

Thoughts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At first glance:
Temple +8.5. PSU
Tulsa -5.5 Fresno
Oregon State +11 UCLA
Georgia Tech -14 The school formerly known as the U
Kansas State +14 OU
Arizona St -7 Utah
N Texas pk Troy

Reaction Score
I don't touch anything over -30. Just too risky. I Like Temple and Florida this week.

Reaction Score
Looking to improve on my stellar 1-5 record AT'S this season, my 3 can't miss picks are:
Over 51.5 for Michigan @ ND
Tennessee -35 v. Akron
Louisville -13 @ FIU

Reaction Score
Looking to improve on my stellar 1-5 record AT'S this season, my 3 can't miss picks are:
Tennessee -35 v. Akron
Louisville -13 @ FIU
Can you post all your picks so we can take the opposite? TIA.

Just kidding.

I'm batting .500 on the season. I usually improve as the year goes on and I see the teams more.

I like Ville too. My site doesn't have o/u posted yet.

I like Arkansas -7 if the QB is healthy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think it gets harder as the year goes along since the lines are tighter. I am at 29-25 so that's a bad sign for me.

Reaction Score
I think it gets harder as the year goes along since the lines are tighter. I am at 29-25 so that's a bad sign for me.
I stick to what I know. I take a lot of big east games since I see them all the time. USF/RU under on Thursday was too easy.

I'm not opposed to riding a team and their props either. Houston was easy money last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I stick to what I know. I take a lot of big east games since I see them all the time. USF/RU under on Thursday was too easy.

I'm not opposed to riding a team and their props either. Houston was easy money last year.

The Big East league games have both been gimmes. Cinci and Rutgers were both no-brainers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
At first glance:
Temple +8.5. PSU
Tulsa -5.5 Fresno
Oregon State +11 UCLA
Georgia Tech -14 The school formerly known as the U
Kansas State +14 OU
Arizona St -7 Utah
N Texas pk Troy

I like all the picks but Tulsa and ASU. I won't touch Tulsa, ever. They are a very hard team to predict. I mildly like Utah +7, but there are better games this weekend so I will leave it alone. Oregon State will be +9 by kickoff, if not lower.

Others I like:

VTech -19.5 Bowling Green. My general rule is to avoid the MAC, but I think VT is going to destroy them.

Rutgers +7 Arkansas. How can any objective observer look at Arkansas and put them as a 7 point favorite over anyone right now? Maybe if the QB plays, but the team as constituted just sucks. Rutgers is a good team, and should win this outright.

Southern Miss +4 Western Kentucky. WKU is posted as a 4 point favorite based off beating Kentucky? USM is going to win this game by 2 TD's.

Wyoming Pk Idaho. Wyoming has had a rough start, but they are a decent mid-major. Idaho sucks.

California +16.5 USC. Kiffin just sucks as a coach.

Reaction Score
Good week last week but the lines get much more difficult as conference play starts IMO

Washington St -18.5....Colorado is the worst BCS team in the country, they were getting beat 35-0 in the 1st qtr at Fresno St and gave up about 350 yards. I know WSU hasn't been all that impressive yet but I was shocked this line wasn't 3 TDs. Their offense showed signs of life against UNLV the other night so you figure that would carry over here and they will hammer a horrible CU team.

I actually like WKU -4 over Southern Miss. This is not your typical USM team, their QB Austin Davis from the last 4 seasons is gone as is HC Fedora. They are still trying to find themselves under Ellis Johnson which is evident by the 10 pt home loss to East Carolina last week. W KY is a very good Sun Belt team, they got snubbed from a bowl last year and return pretty much everyone except RB Bobby Rainey. Their HC Taggart has done an incredible job, especially on defense...they were winless like 2 or 3 years ago. I worry a little bit about a letdown after the UK win but I think they are a much stronger team than USM.

KState +14 at Oklahoma is one of those lines that look too good to be true, which worries me but as long as Klein is at QB for K State I'll take them getting 2 TDs, that kid is incredible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
BYU has ticked up to +7.5 @ Boise. That is interesting.
Clemson has ticked up to +14.5 a few places
I sort of like WVU -27... they have no problem piling on when up big.
Things continue to get crazier at Arkansas... now the QB won't take an injection? If Rutgers gets over 7 I like that a lot.
Kansas is getting almost 10 @ Northern Illinois..
I have no idea how Idaho is favored over anyone.
I think I read Minnesota hasn't been favored over a BCS team since their 2009 bowl game.
UNLV already moved from 13 to 10 - at 13 they sound pretty good.

Reaction Score
Friday night's game is interesting...I imagine everyone will be on ULM as a home dog after nearly going 2-0 against the SEC.

Reaction Score
Friday night's game is interesting...I imagine everyone will be on ULM as a home dog after nearly going 2-0 against the SEC.

Live in NOLA and after seeing them against SEC teams decided to take road trip (300 miles) to see this game. ULM averaging 480 yards per game on offense; I'll take some pictures and send to PP, that's the only way he is going to see an offense get 500 yards! :rolleyes:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i like cuse and fresno

like fresno putting up O all day
cuse always plays at home and good/great away.

Reaction Score
Live in NOLA and after seeing them against SEC teams decided to take road trip (300 miles) to see this game. ULM averaging 480 yards per game on offense; I'll take some pictures and send to PP, that's the only way he is going to see an offense get 500 yards! :rolleyes:

Browning is great, it amazes me how schools like ULM can get that type of player at quarterback and we can't.

Reaction Score
Except on your home turf last season.
and the time before that, and the one before that, and before that, and.....;)

Can't quite figure Cuse out. They smoke WVU last year, but struggle to the last minute with URI (maybe that was 2 years ago) and win v. Toledo on the worst call by a referee and replay official, on that extra point, in the history of football. They move the ball up and down the field on NW and USC and then get all they can handle from Stony Brook. Who knows which Cuse team will show up on 10/19.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Except on your home turf last season.

we beat u 28-21. considering how bad your program was and that we were a below .500 team and all i would say that was a good game for u still.

Reaction Score
Can't quite figure Cuse out. They smoke WVU last year, but struggle to the last minute with URI (maybe that was 2 years ago) and win v. Toledo on the worst call by a referee and replay official, on that extra point, in the history of football. They move the ball up and down the field on NW and USC and then get all they can handle from Stony Brook. Who knows which Cuse team will show up on 10/19.

Well, comparing last year's team to this year's team is no good. The offensive was much more run based last year than this year, plus we relied on one back last year, while this year we're playing with three.

Our passing game is there, but it will be interesting to see how it stands up against the better defenses of the Big East.

And don't take the scoreline of the Stony Brook game and think it was that close of a game. Stony Brook scored on a 65 pass play and a 75 run, which included the running back LEAPING over a Syracuse defender.

Syracuse missed 2 FGs in the first half, plus failed to convert on two fourth and goals from inside the five in the second half. We left at least 12, if not 20 points on the field. We put up more than 500 yards of offense and Nassib threw for more than 300 yards again. Plus, we held Stony Brook to a whopping 35 yards of offense in the 2nd half. And they were a pretty good team- they were ranked in 16th in FCS last week.

All that being said, I still can't speak with certainty what will happen when SU meets UCONN. We all know Syracuse's BE record looks like.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, comparing last year's team to this year's team is no good. The offensive was much more run based last year than this year, plus we relied on one back last year, while this year we're playing with three.

Our passing game is there, but it will be interesting to see how it stands up against the better defenses of the Big East.

And don't take the scoreline of the Stony Brook game and think it was that close of a game. Stony Brook scored on a 65 pass play and a 75 run, which included the running back LEAPING over a Syracuse defender.

Syracuse missed 2 FGs in the first half, plus failed to convert on two fourth and goals from inside the five in the second half. We left at least 12, if not 20 points on the field. We put up more than 500 yards of offense and Nassib threw for more than 300 yards again. Plus, we held Stony Brook to a whopping 35 yards of offense in the 2nd half. And they were a pretty good team- they were ranked in 16th in FCS last week.

All that being said, I still can't speak with certainty what will happen when SU meets UCONN. We all know Syracuse's BE record looks like.

You should have started with your conclusion. For the love of God - Syracuse has done nothing but lose for so long that you actually give a what Stony Brook is ranked in FCS.

Did touchdowns scored on 65 and 75 yard plays stop counting or something? Someone jumping over someone nullifies the play?

Pretending that not converting on 4th and goal means you left points on the field? It means you can't score touchdowns with goal to go with four cracks against an FCS team. That's not a positive my Orange friend. That's a negative.

Will you let us get back to talking about which teams we are going to curse on Sunday morning?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can get BYU at +7.5 tonight, so hopefully the week gets off to a good start. I like the under 51, but I don't feel like dealing with the stress of an under bet. Utah/BYU almost killed me Saturday.

Reaction Score
Tennessee -35 v. Akron
Louisville -13 @ FIU
I said it in the first weeks thread, if you are looking for a sure thing then bet opposite of my pick. I wasnt kidding either. i genuinely meant it. 0-3 for the week and 1-8 on the year (good thing I don't actually place the bet. Learned that lesson the hard way in the mid 90's - but at least I learned it).

Stay tuned for next weeks "locks" in a couple days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This thread is just another example of how Vegas always wins.

I never end up playing stuff I have at the beginning of the week and scraped together a 14-10 today. 43-36 for the year. It's not pretty but it's ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom