Early Commit | The Boneyard

Early Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Proud to announce BlueDogs' Daughter Commitment - 5'1 96 pounds - Soprano - signed commitment letter to UConn Music Dept. for Fall 2017.

Guaranteed she will in the Dog Pound every game. Been going since she was a baby.

Very Proud! Sorry for the misdirection - thought you guys might get kick out of it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Proud to announce BlueDogs' Daughter Commitment - 5'1 96 pounds - Soprano - signed commitment letter to UConn Music Dept. for Fall 2017.

Guaranteed she will in the Dog Pound every game. Been going since she was a baby.

Very Proud! Sorry for the misdirection - thought you guys might get kick out of it.
Balis will help her put on her freshman 15.

Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
What were her other offers? How many stars has she been given? Any highlight tapes to review? We are going to withhold judgement on the commitment until we get that info!;)
Lol- she can throw a pretty mean spiral too, throw on the run, and catch a football with her hands. One of those Dad things. She's a bit undersized, though. Might need some weight room work.

Reaction Score

Mezzo or coloratura? Can she sing belle canto? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Reaction Score
soubrette? I think. She Sings German, French and Italian arias...so far over my head I'm like Diaco at the one yard line with 15 seconds left.
Typical for you sopranos at that age. No doubt as she gets a bit older her voice will mature.

Soubrette - Wikipedia

Btw, if you ever go to a high level opera in person, you will become an instant fan of the genre. That said, I have never been to an opera, live or Live in HD, that I have not dozed off slightly in the middle of. Hey, even though the ticket may be $300, at 3.5 hours, I still get my money's worth.

Reaction Score

Congrats from an other dad who's daughter graduated from School of Music and Neag 4 years ago. She loved her 6 years there.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
soubrette? I think. She Sings German, French and Italian arias...so far over my head I'm like Diaco at the one yard line with 15 seconds left.
Wasn't there an episode of MTV Made where a kid who was a lineman on his HSFB team was also trying to be an opera singer? Anyway... if there's one department where it's OK to be a diva, it's the opera department.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to your daughter and you Blue - great news

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Congratulations to the BlueDog family and BluePup! :)

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

If she were really smart, she would join the color guard. Free rides to games. :)

Reaction Score
Show this link to your daughter. On last night on the Stephen Colbert show. A good illustration of bel canto singing. This woman grew up very close to Mbabane, Swaziland, where I taught HS maths for two years in the Peace Corps. She is an athlete to be able to sing this way.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Congrats BlueDogs and daughter. I have stated elsewhere that the UConn is a P5 music department in a G5 body. Best of luck to her in her musical endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom