Early, but Rutty kicking #8's A... | The Boneyard

Early, but Rutty kicking #8's A...

Reaction Score
We played the #8 team in the country, and the spread was at 27.5, Washington has play makers all over the field. Considering the way we played last year compared to tonight's game, this was way more competitive. I didn't expect a win, but honestly speaking, vast improvement. Some mistakes, but that'll be rectified.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
We played the #8 team in the country, and the spread was at 27.5, Washington has play makers all over the field. Considering the way we played last year compared to tonight's game, this was way more competitive. I didn't expect a win, but honestly speaking, vast improvement. Some mistakes, but that'll be rectified.

Lol this thread is a failure. Just like ^

Reaction Score
Lol this thread is a failure. Just like ^

Funny. I would've thought or said the same things, given your struggles against Holy Cross. But hey, a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

I'll take this loss as a positive. Still, R team has a lot to improve on, and they fought. I'll take that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Hi, @RutgersAl

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Seriously I don't understand people.

We just barely beat Holy Cross and people are smack talking Rutgers?

It's time to wake up. Rutgers got their golden ticket and will take their annual basement dweller status all the way to the bank while we're stuck in G5 hell not even able to pull off playing BC at our own stadium because we need the money.

Move on folks. Until we turn it and are competitive in our own conference, no UConn fan should be talking smack

Reaction Score

Yep, trying to justify a moral victory is the usual path for a loser.

Reaction Score
I watched the game and Rutgers is clearly much improved, way better than the overated Schiano days. Would love to see them back on UCONN's schedule as it was a very good rivalry.

Reaction Score
Welp, do you think you could've performed any better? Just asking.

If we spent three years recruiting with the BIG 10 as a platform/selling point in a home state brimming with talent, probably. Would we have been in position to beat a top 10 University of Washington team, nope.

Good showing by Rutty. They still suck, but the gave it what they had. If they ever get it right they could be a monster with all the talent in their backyard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ash playing to cover was interesting. Down 27-7 in the 4th quarter and running out the clock. Caught a break on the 4th down prayer when the defender tripped and they scored. Washington totally dominated the 2nd half, score actually ended up being closer than the game was.

Reaction Score
Seriously I don't understand people.

We just barely beat Holy Cross and people are smack talking Rutgers?

It's time to wake up. Rutgers got their golden ticket and will take their annual basement dweller status all the way to the bank while we're stuck in G5 hell not even able to pull off playing BC at our own stadium because we need the money.

Move on folks. Until we turn it and are competitive in our own conference, no UConn fan should be talking smack
Yeah the schadenfraude, just doesn't make any sense. We are one of 3 BCS schools not in the P5. I just want to get back to the days where the stadium isn't half filled for the home opener.

That said, I enjoyed that game. Ash is very Diaco like. 2nd and 2, two straight runs and a punt from the plus side of the field. No balls.

Reaction Score
If we spent three years recruiting with the BIG 10 as a platform/selling point in a home state brimming with talent, probably. Would we have been in position to beat a top 10 University of Washington team, nope.

Good showing by Rutty. They still suck, but the gave it what they had. If they ever get it right they could be a monster with all the talent in their backyard.
Realistically speaking, that's what happens when you hire on the cheap and hire awful assistant, to become a headcoach. Three years worth of recruiting is practically an entire team, worth of crap. And no athletic oversight. Hopefully those days are over. We start from scratch, and we look ahead. The past is the past.

Hint hint. Although our schedule is set for the next few years, there are a series of games we are looking forward to playing within the next several years that should make everyone happy. By then, both programs should have improved dramatically.

Reaction Score
Playing Rutty is just another sure win on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Yeah the schadenfraude, just doesn't make any sense. We are one of 3 BCS schools not in the P5. I just want to get back to the days where the stadium isn't half filled for the home opener.

That said, I enjoyed that game. Ash is very Diaco like. 2nd and 2, two straight runs and a punt from the plus side of the field. No balls.

It'll take time for the team to gell, but there are a lot of true frosh that played, and some grad transfers as well. Offense is still green, but hopefully soon it'll click. I'm optimistic. Btw your 2nd team qb is a gamer.

Reaction Score
It'll take time for the team to gell, but there are a lot of true frosh that played, and some grad transfers as well. Offense is still green, but hopefully soon it'll click. I'm optimistic. Btw your 2nd team qb is a gamer.

Rutgers will be residing in the rear in the B10 for many, many years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom