Eagles Fire Kelly | The Boneyard

Eagles Fire Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting to see where he ends up.

Most high profile jobs are taken this year.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
TheUConnBlog ‏@TheUConnBlog 15m15 minutes ago

TheUConnBlog Retweeted Brandon Lee Gowton

yowza. #ChipKellyforUConnOC?

CXbtVGrVAAAAEjg.jpg

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly to Texas. He may have to wait a year but I think they will offer him Saban like money to go there.

Reaction Score
Eagles are nuts for firing him. Wonder if Titans hire him. He will have a ton of suitors both nfl and college.

Reaction Score
FWIW -- @JayGlazer: Just talked to Chip Kelly, disappointed how it ended but knows it's a results-oriented biz. Insists he wants to remain in the NFL, not college. Was pulled into mtg w owner, said he didn't fight the decision.

Reaction Score
FWIW -- @JayGlazer: Just talked to Chip Kelly, disappointed how it ended but knows it's a results-oriented biz. Insists he wants to remain in the NFL, not college. Was pulled into mtg w owner, said he didn't fight the decision.

Much easier job not having to deal with recruiting and the other stuff that goes into a college job. Pays better too.

cttxus

Reaction Score
This does bring up an interesting question, at least to me. The question is, at what point and for what reasons will HCBD feel compelled to make changes to HIS staff, and not just a reshuffle? I'm talking about letting people go to improve his hand and the program.

I'm not saying he needs to do that now, but I have to think someone like coach Cummings is beginning to look like he may have reached his ceiling, and that level may not be high enough for HCBD to realize his program goals, and certainly not ours.

If he hasn't done so already, I think HCBD needs to lay down firm performance objectives for 2016, specifically on offense, and hold people accountable to them. It's season #3 for the entire staff except coach Verducci, and that's long enough to expect significant improvements in all facets of the game.

Reaction Score
Totally deserved in my opinion. You can't have success(2 10 win seasons), unload stars instrumental to your success because they 'Don't fit your system', bring in expensive superstars, mismanage and misuse them totally and have a worsening product on the field. "Revolutionary offense" be damned, the Eagles franchise is worse off than before he got there. End of discussion.

In my opinion, he is a shinier, less crazy but damningly cockier, version of Mike Leach.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This does bring up an interesting question, at least to me. The question is, at what point and for what reasons will HCBD feel compelled to make changes to HIS staff, and not just a reshuffle? I'm talking about letting people go to improve his hand and the program.

I'm not saying he needs to do that now, but I have to think someone like coach Cummings is beginning to look like he may have reached his ceiling, and that level may not be high enough for HCBD to realize his program goals, and certainly not ours.

If he hasn't done so already, I think HCBD needs to lay down firm performance objectives for 2016, specifically on offense, and hold people accountable to them. It's season #3 for the entire staff except coach Verducci, and that's long enough to expect significant improvements in all facets of the game.
Cummings has been coaching the offensive line here for all of eleven months (and was on crutches during the summer). In this time you are able to determine that he's reached his ceiling? Can you let me know what powerball numbers will be drawn next? The jackpot is $300 million & I'll give you half the winnings.

Reaction Score
Much easier job not having to deal with recruiting and the other stuff that goes into a college job. Pays better too.
NFL pays better?

I thought I heard recently the two highest paid coaches in American sports were Mike Krekewski and Nick Saban.

My guess is if Kelly sits out a year someone will throw him 6-7 mill a year to coach in college. My money is on Texas.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Cummings has been coaching the offensive line here for all of eleven months (and was on crutches during the summer). In this time you are able to determine that he's reached his ceiling? Can you let me know what powerball numbers will be drawn next? The jackpot is $300 million & I'll give you half the winnings.[/QUOTE
Wow, put the knife down. I was simply using him as and example. The main point of my comment wasn't directed towards him, it was that HCBD at some point may need to make some staffing decisions and I wondered how he'll go about it. And I only said Cummings may have reached his ceiling. But since you went pretty hard on this, he was, after all, the Offensive Coordinator the entire the year before this one. You're saying the Offensive coordinator isn't somewhat responsible for the O Line?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cummings has been coaching the offensive line here for all of eleven months (and was on crutches during the summer). In this time you are able to determine that he's reached his ceiling? Can you let me know what powerball numbers will be drawn next? The jackpot is $300 million & I'll give you half the winnings.

We know Cummings can coach an offensive line. He might be able to coach a player to being the first pick in the NFL draft.

It takes time to fix broken things. The horror.

Reaction Score
If we can live on what we make, Kelly should never have to work for pay again. I suggest offering him the OC job and if we score more than 2 offensive touchdowns a game, we will name the new upper deck at PAWS-ARF after him. Maybe we'll throw in a statue as well. :) Sorry, I watched most of the Baylor game tonight, it was horrifying.

Reaction Score
So who do the Eagles have lined up to replace Kelley?

Reaction Score
NFL pays better?

I thought I heard recently the two highest paid coaches in American sports were Mike Krekewski and Nick Saban.

My guess is if Kelly sits out a year someone will throw him 6-7 mill a year to coach in college. My money is on Texas.
You chose two outliers and what you heard is not correct, also Kelly is not getting that money.

He made 3.5 mill at Oregon and 6.5 mill in Philly.

Saban and Harbaugh are the only guys who make more than 6 mill a year in NCAAF

Reaction Score
You chose two outliers and what you heard is not correct, also Kelly is not getting that money.

He made 3.5 mill at Oregon and 6.5 mill in Philly.

Saban and Harbaugh are the only guys who make more than 6 mill a year in NCAAF
What two coaches in pro sports make more than those 2 guys? Granted it was probably about 1.5 years ago, but it was being talked about on the radio. Les Miles isn't making 6 million?

Reaction Score
What two coaches in pro sports make more than those 2 guys? Granted it was probably about 1.5 years ago, but it was being talked about on the radio. Les Miles isn't making 6 million?
In addition to the 4 listed above, John Harbaugh and Tom Coughlin are 7+

I believe Doc Rivers and Popvich make 10+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member