2025 Recruiting: - Dwayne Aristode | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Dwayne Aristode

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
^^^ this. Samson just doesn't seem to have the play-since-you-were-little skills. Also needs to be much stronger to hold that position. He gets moved out way too easy. Love his attitude and athleticism, but he needs more strength and skills.
Love your positivity, but I’ve noticed quite a lot of petulance and head shaking from Samson that’s been very frustrating to watch. Rooting for Samson and he’s electrifying to watch when he’s on, but his maturity level on the court is lacking and we will desperately need a starting big if Clingan does not come back(he won’t be back).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There is no way anyone would predict a summer where Samson improves enough to handle a starting position. That rate of improvement would be unbelievable. At this point, we need to be wondering if Samson is even able to handle a bench big role. A quality big in the portal and a strong off-season from Singare need to be priorities.
OK.
Now make the case for this being a prioritized argument for you to advance on March 8th

Reaction Score
OK.
Now make the case for this being a prioritized argument for you to advance on March 8th

People are talking about recruiting for next season. I described why we need to recruit a big. Gasp

All you need to say is "Why are you saying this March 8th?" The ability to communicate concisely is a virtue brother. Put that noggin' to work, professor.

Reaction Score
Yes, he is very far off from where Hilton was. You're bringing up Hilton because his improvement is practically unheard of. Expecting that is nuts.

Hilton also had a better rebounding rate, lower foul rate, hit a better FT% on a higher rate, had a better block rate, and double the assist rate of SJ his junior year. The foundation was there for Hilton to turn himself into a legit big (however rare the improvement) because he was a baller, not just an athlete.
To be fair, I was referring to Hilton's Soph. jump to Junior yr, not his junior to senior.

Orc

Reaction Score
He’s a great culture fit and Hurley is going to invest in helping him reach his potential….he will most likely not be counted on next year like Ross was this year
He seems to be a project. Might take junior or senior year to see him contribute

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
People are talking about recruiting for next season. I described why we need to recruit a big. Gasp

All you need to say is "Why are you saying this March 8th?" The ability to communicate concisely is a virtue brother. Put that noggin' to work, professor.
Why not wait a month?

You know those who do the recruiting are thinking about it, and working on it, but it's not their priority.

It's your choice to participate in the discussion. Why now?

Reaction Score
Why not wait a month?

You know those who do the recruiting are thinking about it, and working on it, but it's not their priority.

It's your choice to participate in the discussion. Why now? We're

We're on a UConn Mbb message board. We talk about things related to UConn basketball. It's really that simple.

If you're offended by talk of recruiting before the end of the season, feel free to ignore me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We're on a UConn Mbb message board. We talk about things related to UConn basketball. It's really that simple.

If you're offended by talk of recruiting before the end of the season, feel free to ignore me.
I wouldn't ask my question of someone who's dumb, uninformed, or unthoughtful on the matter.

I twice asked on the matter of priority. I accept that you've declined to go anywhere past the self-evident, "Because it's there" answer. And I've declined to engage on the several seeming 'invitations' to shrink or be correspondingly combative in tone.

I asked from a position of overall respect for what you offer here. Sorry if it caused offense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why not wait a month?

It's your choice to participate in the discussion. Why now?
I'm waiting a month. There is some nuance in Samson's game I've observed that makes me believe he's starting to figure things out and is adjusting. Not enough yet for me to be conclusively certain but enough to want the remainder of this season to play out before dismissing him.

Besides this forum has made some predictions in the past that have been dismissive and inaccurate. Hassan for instance. The leap he's made from last season to this season on offense was not predicted. At best we thought him to be a player giving some rest to the starters. No one had him penciled in as a player to earn consideration for the 6th man award.

Then there was the prediction that Clingan should attend private school in order to be effective in college. Even the best posters come short occasionally with their certainties.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting a month. There is some nuance in Samson's game I've observed that makes me believe he's starting to figure things out and is adjusting. Not enough yet for me to be conclusively certain but enough to want the remainder of this season to play out before dismissing him.

Besides this forum has made some predictions in the past that have been dismissive and inaccurate. Hassan for instance. The leap he's made from last season to this season on offense was not predicted. At best we thought him to be a player giving some rest to the starters. No one had him penciled in as a player to earn consideration for the 6th man award.

Then there was the prediction that Clingan should attend private school in order to be effective in college. Even the best posters come short occasionally with their certainties.
Diarra improved his shot dramatically which was a major thing holding him back last year. I still don’t think he should be our starter next year, maybe as a stopgap until Nowell is ready. SJ hasn’t shown anything since the beginning of the season. Sure he could improve to be a better backup but we’d be taking a massive risk betting on him improving to a starter

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe the people who don't want to talk about recruiting on March 8 shouldn't click on the thread titled Recruiting Visits
Maybe.

Then again, increasingly forceful arguments about the suitability or prospects regarding a player we'd like to perform as well as possible for as many as 10 more games has a relationship to the title "Recruiting Visits," but wasn't likely what anybody reading the OP came here with that conversation in mind.

It took nearly 2 pages before any such mention appeared, and nearly another page before it got comment, and thereafter it has become a greater object of interest and discussion than the initial comment about visits & staff efforts during a part of the season when the staff & team are identifiably focused on the game tomorrow, the pre-season goal of the BET championship, and the subsequent goals of winning the East Regional and the National Championship.

As usually happens here, posters with thoughts & opinions that range from casually optimistic speculation to strongly voiced certainty that the optimistic notions are foolhardy create the familiar self-perpetuating loop that responds to a greater felt pressure to apply more force to seek resolution on a matter that is tangential to the title Recruiting Visits.

In that sense, the discussion moves more closely toward transfer speculation, though from a reverse angle that has arisen from how significant the Transfer Portal has become to roster construction in an age of multiple recruiting avenues. That shouldn't be hard to recognize.

Reaction Score
Maybe.

Then again, increasingly forceful arguments about the suitability or prospects regarding a player we'd like to perform as well as possible for as many as 10 more games has a relationship to the title "Recruiting Visits," but wasn't likely what anybody reading the OP came here with that conversation in mind.

It took nearly 2 pages before any such mention appeared, and nearly another page before it got comment, and thereafter it has become a greater object of interest and discussion than the initial comment about visits & staff efforts during a part of the season when the staff & team are identifiably focused on the game tomorrow, the pre-season goal of the BET championship, and the subsequent goals of winning the East Regional and the National Championship.

As usually happens here, posters with thoughts & opinions that range from casually optimistic speculation to strongly voiced certainty that the optimistic notions are foolhardy create the familiar self-perpetuating loop that responds to a greater felt pressure to apply more force to seek resolution on a matter that is tangential to the title Recruiting Visits.

In that sense, the discussion moves more closely toward transfer speculation, though from a reverse angle that has arisen from how significant the Transfer Portal has become to roster construction in an age of multiple recruiting avenues. That shouldn't be hard to recognize.

I managed to read all of this and I don't see a convincing argument why a person who doesn't want to discuss recruiting would read this thread. Better yet, why respond at all when you see it turn in a direction you aren't interested in reading yet?

Your claim that we're moving towards x'fer speculation is weak.

Reaction Score
Maybe.

I cannot really understand the point you are trying to make here, and I read it like 3 times…..but are you trying to say this thread could distract people actually on the team from their goal of winning the big east tournament?

Reaction Score
I can walk and chew gum at the same time. You can bet the coaches can too. Recruiting is a year round thing. Duke just got a major recruit the other day. Kansas may steal the Indiana recruit. I'm sure their fans have aspirations for this season as well. Planning ahead is what programs do so it's going to be discussed. Just don't speculate on transfers and don't be disrepectful to the student athletes.

Reaction Score
I can walk and chew gum at the same time. You can bet the coaches can too. Recruiting is a year round thing. Duke just got a major recruit the other day. Kansas may steal the Indiana recruit. I'm sure their fans have aspirations for this season as well. Planning ahead is what programs do so it's going to be discussed. Just don't speculate on transfers and don't be disrepectful to the student athletes.
Duke has gotten as many top recruits in 2024 than we have in the past 10 years. I honestly don't get it.

Reaction Score
Why would we even want it to ?
Seems like our formula is working, especially if we win this year.
I like getting top recruits (can't miss ones) to boost our NBA roster numbers. If we can do that and win NCAA Championships, nobody will touch our program. NBA roster numbers are also good for one's program.

Reaction Score
I like getting top recruits (can't miss ones) to boost our NBA roster numbers. If we can do that and win NCAA Championships, nobody will touch our program. NBA roster numbers are also good for one's program.
I think Kentucky and Dook are showing that you can't really do both, at least with the amount of 5* they are getting.

Our formula, however, will have produced about 7+/- NBA players over 2 seasons, with only 1 5* recruit (btw, he was not a 5* when he committed, he was about #36).

I wouldn't have said no to either of the blue chips we were after this summer, but our current formula has produced actual NCAA success, along with players at the next level. I'm fine with it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think Kentucky and Dook are showing that you can't really do both, at least with the amount of 5* they are getting.

Our formula, however, will have produced about 7+/- NBA players over 2 seasons, with only 1 5* recruit (btw, he was not a 5* when he committed, he was about #36).

I wouldn't have said no to either of the blue chips we were after this summer, but our current formula has produced actual NCAA success, along with players at the next level. I'm fine with it.
We don’t have anywhere close to the NBA success as Duke or Kentucky as it stands today. We don’t even have an NBA starter.

That can change in the future, but it is possible to do both. Duke did both into Scheyer took over.

Reaction Score
I just saw this article about a top 20 Class of 2025 Will Riley and his final 10 schools. Duke, Kentucky, Arizona etc. The usual suspects and no UConn.

He says:
Duke: “They’re obviously a great program. It would be a good spot to be. They really like my game and how I play. I could go there and play behind and with a lot of other great players. They like that I have a high IQ and that I can read the floor at my size.”

So Top 20 kids want to go to Duke to play behind other players? If I'm a coach, that's not something I want to hear a recruit say. You're Top 20 and talk about playing behind other players? That might well happen, but to say it before you even get to school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom