Durham Post Moves | The Boneyard

Durham Post Moves

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It should be noted that twice tonight Durham caught the ball in the paint, made a post move, gathered himself and made the shot.

That is pretty close to two more times than Brimah has done in four years.

Durham will be a player for UConn.

Reaction Score
Def like the kid, they gotta keep fighting and hopefully win more games. I don't follow BB enough but I think there future is bright

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He
It should be noted that twice tonight Durham caught the ball in the paint, made a post move, gathered himself and made the shot.

That is pretty close to two more times than Brimah has done in four years.

Durham will be a player for UConn.
he has a nice jump shot too. Still getting used to playing after 2 years

Reaction Score
They weren't exactly "back-to-the-basket post moves," but still good to see that he looks confident in finding his shots.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Vance and Durham have show great moves in the lane. Facey has improved and Enoch if he stays on the floor shows moves too p

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Facey has earned his time, but Durham (and Enoch) needs to start carving into Brimah's minutes. Not saying to play him huge minutes, especially coming off multiple knee surgeries. But it makes no sense how little Ollie has been using him.
The only thing I can think of is either he's not game shape( obvious) or with our depleted team he doesn't want to rush him back.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is either he's not game shape( obvious) or with our depleted team he doesn't want to rush him back.

I think it's pretty clear his minutes have, and will continue to be, purposefully limited. And that makes total sense. Not much to be gained by running him into the ground this year. Rehab year.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Agree with all of the above. He looks skilled near the basket, as well as having a decent step out jumper. I don't know enough about his knees to tell you if he can play more minutes or not. I wouldn't want to put too much stress on them, but at the same point, I'd rather him shake some rust off during this wasted season than next yr, when we will actually need him. I'm not sure what the balance is...I trust Ollie to know what he's doing. This kid is going to be very very good for us in a yr or 2.

The future is bright! I know we're down this yr...but with Jackson improving, Vital with a year of experience under his belt, AG and TL coming back, hopefully Diarra coming back healthy. MAL coming in and JA hopefully working all summer on his jump shooting...this team will be DANGEROUS.

This big Nike event is going to be awesome. We will be full strength and hopefully can make a run and show everyone what we're all about!!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
KO hasn't run anything for Juwan and he has been tentative. But he clearly has a better feel for the game than any of our current bigs. Give him the ball and let him emerge (and screw up) in this lost year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like he has fully recovered from his ACL surgery. He couldn't even throw down a dunk with a clear path a few games ago. He's going to start making huge strides the more he gets his athleticism back. Ollie having minute restrictions on him is good for his recovery so I wouldn't push his minutes. Not even this season.

Reaction Score
One of the smartest thing Ollie has done this season was to not redshirt JD but to bring him along slowly. He has minimized JD's risk for re-injury while getting some valuable in game experience. This should really pay dividends by mid season next year if not sooner.

Reaction Score
I would sacrifice a family member to make "eventually" begin with the AAC tourney, and continue with full force into 2017-18.

Just the way he naturally used the rim the other night with reverse lay ins in the low block was a pretty sight, he gets it. As others have said almost 2 years without playing and trying to regain confidence just being on the floor. A strong summer of getting some strength where needed and coming back feeling confident is going to bring a nice jump. Agree with imno1 solid coaching decision by KO and staff in bringing him along slowly this year but not redshirting him. The kid was cleared to play and it would have killed him mentally to sit yet again anyway. They did good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One of the smartest thing Ollie has done this season was to not redshirt JD but to bring him along slowly. He has minimized JD's risk for re-injury while getting some valuable in game experience. This should really pay dividends by mid season next year if not sooner.

I was against not redshirting, even as recently as the end of Dec, but have since come around to this way of thinking.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I would sacrifice a family member to make "eventually" begin with the AAC tourney, and continue with full force into 2017-18.
If it does I'm not going to hold you to this.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If we are sacrificing family members, then make the deal be for a P5 slot somewhere.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Facey has earned his time, but Durham (and Enoch) needs to start carving into Brimah's minutes. Not saying to play him huge minutes, especially coming off multiple knee surgeries. But it makes no sense how little Ollie has been using him.
IF AB continues on his foul-a-thon tour - no need to carve out some time - it's already there
I think JD will be just fine next year - he will be stronger and with that more confident

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom