Duke | The Boneyard

Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that the officials didn't try to create the Duke UNC final. The most blatant charging no call I have ever seen on an Okafor drive, and the 2 consecutive offensive foul calls on ND that were highly questionable. Bilas criticized the refs of each poor call

Reaction Score
Not that the officials didn't try to create the Duke UNC final. The most blatant charging no call I have ever seen on an Okafor drive, and the 2 consecutive offensive foul calls on ND that were highly questionable. Bilas criticized the refs of each poor call
Okafor almost literally dove into the chest of the defender, then extended his arm to shove him further down the lane. It's so blatantly biased, what they let him get away with. I know there's no more subjective call in sports than the charge/block, but it seems abundantly clear to me that the NCAA officials just have different standards for that one guy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Obrero said:
Okafor almost literally dove into the chest of the defender, then extended his arm to shove him further down the lane. It's so blatantly biased, what they let him get away with. I know there's no more subjective call in sports than the charge/block, but it seems abundantly clear to me that the NCAA officials just have different standards for that one guy.

It's absolutely insane what he gets away with, and the irony is, he doesn't need ANY help from officiating the kid is a rare, special talent. The refs are actually doing him a disservice with that treatment, because it is so blatant and well known now that it is part of his " story" and blemishes how good he actually is . Mention okafor now to any knowledgeable non duke fan and the comment invariably is " he's awesome but gets all the calls".

Reaction Score
Beyond stupid post. UConn scores 57 and edges by a terrible Cincy team and people knock Duke, still a #1 seed. Wow.

Brimah was great again, 3 rebounds, 6 pts on lobs. So tired of his antics. Someone needs to tell him to his his face he sucks.

Beautiful!!!!!!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's absolutely insane what he gets away with, and the irony is, he doesn't need ANY help from officiating the kid is a rare, special talent. The refs are actually doing him a disservice with that treatment, because it is so blatant and well known now that it is part of his " story" and blemishes how good he actually is . Mention okafor now to any knowledgeable non duke fan and the comment invariably is " he's awesome but gets all the calls".
You get wifi in the pokey?

Reaction Score
Brimah was great again, 3 rebounds, 6 pts on lobs. So tired of his antics. Someone needs to tell him to his his face he sucks.
001.jpg

Maybe it ought to be you. Let us know how that goes for you

Reaction Score
Sure. Maybe Brimah is posting about the Duke loss after his big game against them. He should post his Coppin St stat line on the Duke thread, and then who's boss.

NBA Draft.net doesn't even have him going in 2016, they know he blows.

001.jpg

Maybe it ought to be you. Let us know how that goes for you

Reaction Score
Sure. Maybe Brimah is posting about the Duke loss after his big game against them. He should post his Coppin St stat line on the Duke thread, and then who's boss.

NBA Draft.net doesn't even have him going in 2016, they know he blows.
Dude what is your beef with the team and AB? Most logical posters know he isn't nba material. There is no need to talk after a great win against a tough cincy defense. AB will come back a different player next year with a full offseason behind him. Have realistic expectations for a guy who was a 2 or 3 star at best and just started playing bball. He had some big offensive rebounds. He just isn't strong enough yet to play against big, strong lineups. He is giving all out effort though and is a key defensive player on our team who is limited in some areas. Without him we have no chance on winning this tourney. Get a grip dude and come back to reality!

Reaction Score
As far as Duke, it's beyond awful how they allow Okafor to eat up space with his shoulder 3-4 times a game without calling offensive fouls? Even Bilas seems amazed by what he gets away with.

Reaction Score
Beyond stupid post. UConn scores 57 and edges by a terrible Cincy team and people knock Duke, still a #1 seed. Wow.

Worst poster in the history of the boneyard, congrats.

Reaction Score

I think husky91 was warning us that his post was going to be beyond stupid. He was just giving us a heads up.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It pains me to say this, but barring UCONN getting in and winning at all, I will actually be rooting for Duke to win it all if it comes down to a Duke-Kentucky final. My hatred for Kentucky and Calipari is so strong. At least I have respect for Coach K.

Reaction Score
It pains me to say this, but barring UCONN getting in and winning at all, I will actually be rooting for Duke to win it all if it comes down to a Duke-Kentucky final. My hatred for Kentucky and Calipari is so strong. At least I have respect for Coach K.
Yeah. If we don't make it (and we definitely won't, there's a reason those hurricanes are golden!!! We are doooooomed!) it's definitely going to be a rooting against.

1. is the team I least want to win, and I'd pull for anyone under them:

1. Kentucky
2. UNC
3. Duke
4. Louisville
5. Kansas

Anyone else can win, as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably pull for American teams in the tourney, and Wisconsin.

Reaction Score

Don't know if your eyeballs saw this but did you happen to notice the discrepancy in musculature between Brimah and Cincy's big men? He was getting tossed around like a rag doll, hence Lubin. It's aproblem to be addressed this summer in the weight room but I'm skeptical he can get as strong as he needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom