Duke v. Carolina… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke v. Carolina…

Reaction Score
UConn plays elite D with clingan in the line up, he did not play against Butler.

Duke has 3 really bad losses and only 1 quality win (a neutral game against Baylor. They were over ranked in the top 10 because they werent penalized enough for those bad losses by the pollsters. The joke is lame, but duke is overrated.
We all hate Duke. The problem is other teams lose too, and other teams have bad losses too. Pretty much once you get outside UConn and Purdue and Houston, everyone has a bad loss or two on their resume. They aren't special in that way.

They were ranked in the Top 10 because a 4 seed that was surging last year brought in the second ranked recruiting class to pair with a some very good players, so they started very high and were penalized just as harshly as any team not named Duke would be. Then they went on a win streak against mostly mediocre schools and rose like any non-Duke team would.

There's nothing special about them.

Also they suck.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We all hate Duke. The problem is other teams lose too, and other teams have bad losses too. Pretty much once you get outside UConn and Purdue and Houston, everyone has a bad loss or two on their resume. They aren't special in that way.

They were ranked in the Top 10 because a 4 seed that was surging last year brought in the second ranked recruiting class to pair with a some very good players, so they started very high and were penalized just as harshly as any team not named Duke would be. Then they went on a win streak against mostly mediocre schools and rose like any non-Duke team would.

There's nothing special about them.

Also they suck.
Agreed with your alternative assessment as to why they are overrated. They are nonetheless. Give me at least the 10 teams ranked behind them head to head.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
They're 7th in KenPom. Seems elite.

What was the pace? Does UConn play elite defense? They gave up 81 to Butler.
How's your team's defense this year? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Scheyer is using the Okey-Doke strategy. Creating a false sense of security for his opponents will definitely pay off in the tourney. I wouldn’t want to be in Duke’s bracket.
That strategy earned him a 2nd round exit last year :D

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Scary Good? They have played 3 ranked teams and lost 2 of them, Scheyer can’t coach, they lack effort, seem lazy…I don’t see scary brother.
You will see come tournament time. The Big Filipowski is not one to take lightly. Dude the best player in the country. Duke reminds me a little of the Detroit Bad Boys. You may win the battle but you’re not winning the war.

Reaction Score
So Duke is the second best team in the state? Or are they tied for second with NC State?

Reaction Score
So Duke is the second best team in the state? Or are they tied for second with NC State?
1707072429971.gif

Reaction Score
cooper and ngongba choosing to play for scheyer over Hurley is the definition of shallow. Duke is pretty bells and whistles with no substance now that K is gone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Scheyer is using the Okey-Doke strategy. Creating a false sense of security for his opponents will definitely pay off in the tourney. I wouldn’t want to be in Duke’s bracket.
:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom