Duke v. Carolina… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke v. Carolina…

Reaction Score
Davis' left hand was grabbing and pulling on Filipowski's forearm.

It was the correct call.
agree, it was after they chose to show a different angle of the play that I saw that the call was correct.

Reaction Score
His own man hit him in the face... And Davis hooked his arm

Davis hooked his arm because he was pulling him down with his arm while trying to box him out. The eye was from the cheap shot prior he gave him with the arm across the face after the whistle.

Last edited by a moderator:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Filipowski plays an unusual game: very physical on offense but basically stands there with his arms straight up on defense…doesn’t pick up fouls that way but also does little to stop the opposing team from scoring either

Reaction Score
does a duke lose drop them in the AP poll or move them up?
No that will happen when they lose
This joke is lame at this point. The polls have been perfectly fair regarding Duke. They're going to drop in the polls to like 10 or 11.

Why is this still a meme when it hasn't been remotely true or funny in like 10 years?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Dukes Of Hazzard Monday GIF

caw

Reaction Score
Can't even hate Duke these days, they just aren't worth it. Scheyer ain't it man.

Honestly if I'm an NBA team I'm not sure I draft anyone but Flip and that would be late first at best (in a normal draft, this one may be historically weak). I wonder who leaves from that team at end of year.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
They're 7th in KenPom. Seems elite.

What was the pace? Does UConn play elite defense? They gave up 81 to Butler.
UConn plays elite D with clingan in the line up, he did not play against Butler.

Duke has 3 really bad losses and only 1 quality win (a neutral game against Baylor. They were over ranked in the top 10 because they werent penalized enough for those bad losses by the pollsters. The joke is lame, but duke is overrated.

Reaction Score
Filipowski plays an unusual game: very physical on offense but basically stands there with his arms straight up on defense…doesn’t pick up fouls that way but also does little to stop the opposing team from scoring either
Isn’t that what people have been saying DC needs to do?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Duke is scary good if we’re being honest. Scheyer’s calm yet stoic demeanor sitting on the bench exudes confidence. Duke’s unrelenting will to achieve excellence is something we should all strive for. Going into a hostile environment and exerting your will on your opening is quite impressive. I’m almost speechless of this awe and amazement.
I think you're on to something re Scheyer. He's playing the long game with the basic strategy of giving other schools a false sense of security.

Reaction Score
Neither of those teams plays the defense UCONN does. Duke can't even get up and down the floor very well and they will struggle against teams that can.

Reaction Score
Scheyer is using the Okey-Doke strategy. Creating a false sense of security for his opponents will definitely pay off in the tourney. I wouldn’t want to be in Duke’s bracket.

Reaction Score
Duke is scary good if we’re being honest. Scheyer’s calm yet stoic demeanor sitting on the bench exudes confidence. Duke’s unrelenting will to achieve excellence is something we should all strive for. Going into a hostile environment and exerting your will on your opening is quite impressive. I’m almost speechless of this awe and amazement.
Scary Good? They have played 3 ranked teams and lost 2 of them, Scheyer can’t coach, they lack effort, seem lazy…I don’t see scary brother.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom