Duke Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Duke Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Clarke will get her points, the key will be holding their post players below their average and our post players being able to give UConn something on offense.
Clarke will get her points. The key is making her get them inefficiently.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Inês was brought in for depth insurance. I could be wrong, but I really don’t think she was added late to the roster with intentions of her being anything other than a back up player.

Geno has his point guard of the future coming in next year (KK Arnold). She will be Paige’s heir apparent when Paige leaves. That’s the way I read the tea leaves as they lay.

Muhl came to be backup for Bueckers.

Geno is revered around Europe and we have had a few very talented foreign players come over for the chance to put him on their resume. I saw that Bettincourt was used at pg in the mop up. She didn't seem shy.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Actually all the way to the national title game, only to lose to a Purdue squad coached by Carolyn Peck :eek::eek::eek:
Yes I believe the Boilermakers beat the Blue Devils 62 - 45 and was led by Stephanie White, Katie Douglas and Ukari Figgs. All three were named to the all-tournament team with Figgs winning the Final Four Most Outstanding Player. If I remember correctly the 45 points was their lowest scoring game of the season. I loved the game, since I grew up in West Lafayette, IN and was only a 15 minute walk from the Purdue Fieldhouse, which I believe is now called Assembly Hall, and Mackey Arena. I watched Bob Griese when was the quarterback at Purdue and also watched Rick Mount when he played basketball.

Reaction Score
Slow your roll pal. This forums biggest complaint about CW was she was silent against the better teams at crucial moments. CW also had the other teams toughest guard every night. Let's just see how all this plays out.
CW didnt hit shots against most teams last year. cant have a shooting guard hitting open threes at 34%. this was exacerbated against better teams.

Reaction Score
There is a play at about 1 minute in the first quarter where Nika disrupts a Duke player with the ball and Caroline joins in. The whistle blew and the players began to untangle themselves and there is a shot of Nika's face and I have never seen anything more ferocious on a basketball court. The Vikings were fierce warriors and the fiercest were know as Beserkers. Nika is our Beserker.
I saw that face and intensity, but it was on a velociraptor in Jurassic Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom