Duke Post Game Shred | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke Post Game Shred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
University higher ups need to sit down and discuss which direction the football program should go. If they are all in on football then make a decision on the program to fire people responsible for this embarrassment we are all watching and replace them with competent people. Enough already. 10 years is way to much suffering.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Nah program showed no life in that league and was bad for our other sports but he fave Diaco the raise and extension, gave Edsall that lauiighinstock contract and now here we are 3 coaches later at 0-4, losing 41-7, at home. We don't look like we are serious about football at all.
Time for this program to die

Reaction Score
That game was literally awful. We were out skilled, out hustled, and our coached. One key was the QB response to a fumble. Their guy dove in to recover the fumble. Our guy was already going to the sideline.
And how do we respond? Put him back on the field and let him play the rest of the game. Great example of the seriousness of the program.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but that comment is almost as stupid as running up the middle in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and long when you're down 4 TDs.

We left a conference that we sucked in, and the result was a bowl game and a national championship in basketball...
I never mentioned basketball championship I said the move destroyed the football program. Do you disagree? You think there is a way out?

Reaction Score
Let’s see

1. We can’t run stretch plays
2. We can throw down the field
3. We don’t punch defenses in the mouth like we used to - see #1

So. We’re soft. We drop passes and punts We get screwed by refs. Our QB is inaccurate and somehow our OC is either being shackled by Mora or is going all Kevin Ollie on us

Reaction Score
Nah program showed no life in that league and was bad for our other sports but he fave Diaco the raise and extension, gave Edsall that lauiighinstock contract and now here we are 3 coaches later at 0-4, losing 41-7, at home. We don't look like we are serious about football at all.
Because we aren’t. And it’s not going to change. Took me a long time to accept that. Now while the program is still around I look at games as a chance to catch up with friends, and enjoy a nice tailgate.

Reaction Score
University higher ups need to sit down and discuss which direction the football program should go. If they are all in on football then make a decision on the program to fire people responsible for this embarrassment we are all watching and replace them with competent people. Enough already. 10 years is way to much suffering.
It is not just the losing but the way we’re losing.

Reaction Score
shut 'em out in the 4th quarter!
It’s sad that Vegas has ruled the NFL for quite a few years now, it’s why I haven’t watched an NFL or NBA game in 20 years. When there’s significant money riding on an outcome, Vegas makes the calls. The refs are puppets. When the targeting on Jackson was reversed by a phone call from upstairs it’s the first thing I thought of, or the obvious no encroachment call, or the obvious OB no call on Duke with 6:04 left in the 3rd quarter where he stepped OB around the 47 yard line. I hope this doesn’t get into the college game but after what I saw today looks like someone definitely wanted Duke to cover.

That being said, Houston wasn’t anywhere near 100%, Jackson was taken out of the game by the refs thanks to a phone call from upstairs, Duke killed us on slant routes all game, Charlton is still calling stupid plays, Joly finally woke up but too late, Rosa wasn’t 100% but he gave it his usual all. Again lots of missed tackles on D.

If Jim Mora or Dave Benedict have some BBB they should call for an investigation on why a phone call from upstairs took UConn’s best player out of the game after the on field referee ruled there was no targeting after viewing the play.

Reaction Score
I never mentioned basketball championship I said the move destroyed the football program. Do you disagree? You think there is a way out?
Yes, that's correct. The football program was doing just fine up until July 2020 when they left the AAC. They started sucking right then.

There are some absolutely delusional takes on this board.

Reaction Score
Definitely need to do this. It's clear to anyone paying a lick of attention that UConn has not yet tried the approach of firing everyone and replacing them with competent people. Has not happened once since 2010.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
And how do we respond? Put him back on the field and let him play the rest of the game. Great example of the seriousness of the program.
I totally agree. That was the time to put Zion out there. I’m not sure he could do better but it would send the message that lack of hustle =lack of playing time

Reaction Score
Yes, clearly I disagree when I mentioned that we got to a bowl game for the first time in years after going independent.
I think we measure things differently. I am happy we were in The Beefsteak Charlie Bowl after last season, makes the jump to independent completely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom