Duke loses (again)...so, Cooper, maybe you want to reconsider? | The Boneyard

Duke loses (again)...so, Cooper, maybe you want to reconsider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once again, despite the usual preseason hype, featuring the usual glut of 4 and 5* recruits (Filipowski, McCain, Stewart, Foster, Schutt, Mitchell, etc., etc.), Duke is NOT in the national championship conversation. After losing to Wake yesterday, they're 21-6, second in the ACC.

So I wonder if CF is having second thoughts about spending his one-and-done year in Durham, watching us compete for another NC, while his only focus will be trying to help Jon Scheyer save his job.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed. But if we pulled off the repeat what are the chances any of our touted underclass men te insider the draft for a three peat? Donavan. Alex. Castle? Just dreaming.

Reaction Score
I’d love to show him in the tournament, beat them in the elite 8 if they can even make it that far

Reaction Score
Oh God GIF by DuroflexWorld

Reaction Score
We should stop this. If he cared about wins and losses he would have already chosen us. He doesn't. Move on. Don't be pathetic.

We didn't have him last year and we won it all.
We don't have him this year and we're #1.
We wont have him next year, and we'll be fine.

One year after that no one will have him. Life will go on.

Reaction Score
He chose elsewhere - that’s fine, but I don’t want him. Is he so good that he could be a ballpark Donyell sophomore season as a freshman? I don’t know, but find that hard to fathom. And I don’t want many freshman 1& sones, no matter what.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Once again, despite the usual preseason hype, featuring the usual glut of 4 and 5* recruits (Filipowski, McCain, Stewart, Foster, Schutt, Mitchell, etc., etc.), Duke is NOT in the national championship conversation. After losing to Wake yesterday, they're 21-6, second in the ACC.

So I wonder if CF is having second thoughts about spending his one-and-done year in Durham, watching us compete for another NC, while his only focus will be trying to help Jon Scheyer save his job.
Lower your Flagg. That ship has sailed. He went for the hugs, relationships and the baby.

Reaction Score
who wants a kid at UConn that's not all in on UConn...he wants Duke. He wants the espn daily hype machine for 5 months and to be pampered by adoring dookies...all the while protected by his "handlers" hovering over staff. Too high maintenance for DH & UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We should stop this. If he cared about wins and losses he would have already chosen us. He doesn't. Move on. Don't be pathetic.

We didn't have him last year and we won it all.
We don't have him this year and we're #1.
We wont have him next year, and we'll be fine.

One year after that no one will have him. Life will go on.
Yes. We are the best program in the country right now. We don't need to beg for recruits. I understand that it's a reflex from the Ollie era but last year should've erased this feeling. Has the staff let us down yet?? Not once.

pj

Reaction Score
who wants a kid at UConn that's not all in on UConn...he wants Duke. He wants the espn daily hype machine for 5 months and to be pampered by adoring dookies...all the while protected by his "handlers" hovering over staff. Too high maintenance for DH & UConn.

You don't know any of that. UConn may have been a close #2. It's unlikely he wants to be pampered, if he did he never would have put in the work to become so good at basketball. These kinds of posts are very distasteful.

Reaction Score
Rejection has been hard to accept but it was between the 2 schools. I bet there are plenty of other schools that cried over the loss of some of our best players that they were in the hunt for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He wants the espn daily hype machine for 5 months
we only get an occasional game day.

Reaction Score

Wouldn’t it be a riot if CF entered the transfer portal without playing one game for Duke.

Reaction Score
After losing to Wake yesterday, they're 21-6, second in the ACC.
That's a good record and they were ranked in the Top 10. They're going to be between a 2-4 seed (likey a 3), which means they'll have a shot at a title. Wake doesn't suck—they're a Top 20 KenPom team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom