Duke in the Big East... | The Boneyard

Duke in the Big East...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're a five or six loss team in this conference right now.

They're down 20 at home to NC State.

Reaction Score
This loss would only strengthen their case for a #1 seed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

To be honest, that's true 4 out of every 5 five years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And here is the reason they're 8-2 in the ACC....you can see the sheer terror in ACC teams in the end game against Duke and UNC.

NC State is simply terrified of winning right now.

caw

Reaction Score
My lord, how the hell does NC State crap this game up?

They were up 17 with 11 to play.
11 with 7 to play
9 with 5 to play
5 with 3 to play
and now are down 5 with a minute to go.

The NC State coach let the lead go from 17 to 3 without calling a timeout. To be fair Duke called 3 and there was an official, but WTF.

Then decided not to take one when Duke cut it to 2 or when they took the lead.

That is horribly coached team.

Reaction Score
What was that last play by NC state, was that even play it looked like they got denied the first pass but 25 seconds left and you just casually jog it up to the 3 point line and wait about 20 seconds to take a contested 3.

Reaction Score
I think Dook is pretty good, they just seem to flip the switch on and off as they please. You know, kind of like a lot of recent UConn teams, except in a much worse conference, with the officials always there to bail them out.

That shot NC State got down three with twenty seconds left...just wow. I only watched about three minutes but that is a horrendously coached team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So without watching a single second of the game, NCSU lived down to their reputation of stupid, toothless, hayseed tobacco-growing idiots?

Reaction Score

notre dame has by far less talent than duke, yet they are 10-3 in the big east. who exactly would duke be losing to? do you think georgetown or marquette is more talented than duke? cmon man.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
notre dame has by far less talent than duke, yet they are 10-3 in the big east. who exactly would duke be losing to? do you think georgetown or marquette is more talented than duke? cmon man.

I don't know who dook would lose to in the Big East, but I'm certain that SU will lose to dook in the ACC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

On paper, Duke has more talent than Syracuse and yet your ass would go straight into a pucker if I suggested that. Unfortunately, paper doesn't play games and Syracuse's AARP roster would roll over Duke.

Marquette would be a nightmare for Duke. Too athletic, too aggressive. What St. John's did to Duke would be magnified three times by Marquette. West Virginia, Louisville, Cincy - bad for Duke. Even USF is rough enough to bother them

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is a good time to remind folks that UConn hasn't had a reason to hate Duke since 1990 (lost in 2010, but it was an eh year anyway). So it's a fanbase that can judge them without an ounce of bitterness, only joyful memories.

Reaction Score
I think Duke would have about 4 losses this year if they were in the big east.

All of these teams would give them all kind of trouble:
Cuse
Gtown
Marq.
Louisvlle

I think uconn, wvu, and Cincy could cause them trouble.

I don't think any other team, including ND, could beat Duke this year

Reaction Score

Are you lobbying on behalf of the ACC already?

caw

Reaction Score
Duke is a really good offensive team but not a good defensive team at all. Same with UNC. If the officials call it tight they would win a lot of games. There is a reason FSU smacked both in the mouth, though both have more talent.

Reaction Score

I was thinking of posting the same thing. I would also add that there are quite a few teams in the top 25 that in other years would not have sniffed being ranked. There also 10 teams that could be swapped out of the top 25 with non ranked teams and no one would blink an eye.

Very interesting year- everyone was bitching how the NCAA was "down" last year- well it looks like it again this year to me-altough "down" needs to be replaced with parody.

If we can actually beat a top 25 team this weekend?- dare say it- WE ARE DOOMED!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's parity.

A parody in college basketball would refer to Boston College.

Rather than college basketball being down this year, it just looks like a continuing trend to me - talent is spread out, schools that bring older players outperform their talent, etc. A mid-major with good upperclassmen can do serious damage.

No great teams, a few very good team and a broad swatch of merely good teams.

Reaction Score
So without watching a single second of the game, NCSU lived down to their reputation of stupid, toothless, hayseed tobacco-growing idiots?

Actually...they don't grow much tobacco here in Raleigh, though they are known for their animal husbandry program at State.

What a nightmare of a game that was. I was rooting for the meteor

Reaction Score
Syracuse's AARP roster would roll over Duke.
ok now that was funny. my only point is that saying duke would have 6 conference losses in the big east right now puts them between cincinnati and seton hall, i just think duke is better than those teams.

Reaction Score
ok now that was funny. my only point is that saying duke would have 6 conference losses in the big east right now puts them between cincinnati and seton hall, i just think duke is better than those teams.

I tend to agree with you, but had Duke actually lost last night the resumes wouldn't really back it up.

NC State and Miami are both squarely on the bubble - not so different from Seton Hall and Cincinnati actually. It stands to reason that if Miami and NC State can beat this Duke team in Cameron, there would be plenty of Big East teams that have a shot at doing the same.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you, but had Duke actually lost last night the resumes wouldn't really back it up.

NC State and Miami are both squarely on the bubble - not so different from Seton Hall and Cincinnati actually. It stands to reason that if Miami and NC State can beat this Duke team in Cameron, there would be plenty of Big East teams that have a shot at doing the same.
duke is #10 in the sagarin basically just a touch higher than georgetown and marquette. depending on what schedule they drew for road games and whatnot, i'm guessing they would project similar to those teams in the 13-5 range. maybe fishy isn't that far off.

caw

Reaction Score
In the BE a lot would depend on who has who for the home/away series. Plus the BE season is more of a grind than the ACC season.

Reaction Score
It's parity.

A parody in college basketball would refer to Boston College.

Rather than college basketball being down this year, it just looks like a continuing trend to me - talent is spread out, schools that bring older players outperform their talent, etc. A mid-major with good upperclassmen can do serious damage.

No great teams, a few very good team and a broad swatch of merely good teams.
I can not spell. My mom says it is a sign of Genious. ( copy and pasted that).

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Yeah people in the south are all Gomer Pyles you freaking knucklehead. Have you ever traveled outside of Connecticut? Have you been on an airplane?
That's why the northeast is losing people and the south is growing.
Trust me there are plenty of toothless folks in the beautiful areas of Derby, Ansonia, Waterbury, Bridgeport, East Haven, Norwich, New London etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom