Duke- Game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Duke- Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly tips offensive rebound to MoJeff who draws contact. Shooting 2 FT, misses the first, good sub by Geno KS for SD. MJ makes 2nd

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
KML with position but inside the circle
That call is the place where the new rule is unfair. KML essentially had been in that position and simply turned in place and then had Williams run into her. She was in and out of the circle the whole time.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Gonna be a tough one, as many of us predicted....

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Good argument!

There's a lot of obnoxious know-it-alls on this board, and you're probably the worst one. Well done.
Hey, let's cut it out, OK? Keep it cool....

Reaction Score
Best game all year...so far Alexis Jones stepping up for Duke...Breanna being covered but by leaving KML open...everybody playing knock down defense...the Dukies are for real!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Good argument!

There's a lot of obnoxious know-it-alls on this board, and you're probably the worst one. Well done.
Thank you. It is indeed meaningless because they are not playing head to head so it is not like Jones has been out playing her on the floor face to face. Secondly, when Jone did most of her damage Stewart wasn't on the floor at all. Thirdly, the defense Geno told the team to play was designed to leave Jones open and challenge her to make the shot, guess what, she is. Fine, you adjust. She has now cooled down significantly scoring 2 points after her initial 10. So it is essentially a meaningless observation.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I really like Stewie&Stokes as a 4-5 combo in this game. Very effective. Stef doin work as well but I just like the backstop that S&S are providing at the back of the D.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Most of the turnovers are not related to pressure from the defense...lack of concentration or judgment in making the pass.

I didn't get to see most of the early season play but Kelly was exceptional back then, at not doing this (close to the national lead at assist to turnover ratio). Not sure what changed. Hopefully, Geno can fix it

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm glad the youngin's are getting minutes, especially Moriah who has played well so far. Stewart in most games seems to need to get the feel of the game before she significantly contributes. I'm hoping she'll get her double digits in the 2nd half.

Geno trusting the youngin's in a close game.

Reaction Score
Mo Jeff still bringing the attitude...you know watching Alexis go off has her fired up...and Brianna going hard to the biscuit too...

Reaction Score
Duke VERY well coached. Their zone is yielding zero production from us down low...meaning our winning will require hitting threes, unless Geno can adjust at halftime.

Reaction Score
Duke VERY well coached. Their zone is yielding zero production from us down low...meaning our winning will require hitting threes, unless Geno can adjust at halftime.

So far three guards for UCONN have demonstrated the ability to drive the zone...I'd like to see some drive and kick after intermission...with a little drive and dump and drive and pop mixed in if the defense stays put...

PS In two years I see Moriah (the wind) slicing through zones and distorting time-space like a dwarf star...

Reaction Score
I really like Stewie&Stokes as a 4-5 combo in this game. Very effective.

But the problem with that is offense. Stokes not really a scorer, and Stewart not effective so far.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
But the problem with that is offense. Stokes not really a scorer, and Stewart not effective so far.

I would stick with it - when those two are in, GA has KML and Bria on the floor, I think there is enough O with that group + Kelly

JMO

Reaction Score
Halftime stats:

REBS -- UConn 18-12 :)
TOs -- UConn 11 -3 :(
FG PCT -- UConn 50% - 35%
AST/BLK/STL -- Tied 11-11

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Stewart get the ball in the high post rather than trying those passes to her in the Low Post. They are waiting for that and double body her which she isn't ready for yet. Further away from the basket she can use her moves and get fouled if not three point plays. She had great success with that earlier. They seem to be be trying to get her deep under the basket now. Or maybe she isn't asking for it at the top of the key?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
UConn's best offense has come when Bria has pushed the ball into the Duke defense and passed out to KML for threes. Need more of that, and from the other guards too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lawson apparently thinks 32 - 30 = 4. Now I know why she chose UT over Stanford.

Reaction Score
Halftime stats:

REBS -- UConn 18-12 :)
TOs -- UConn 11 -3 :(
FG PCT -- UConn 50% - 35%
AST/BLK/STL -- Tied 11-11

Also,
Foul trouble: Dolson & KML with 2, as does AJones

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
RE: turnovers

If we could just somehow eliminate the TOs that come from lazy cross court passes, the rest of them wouldn't bother me as much....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom