Duke exposed....... | The Boneyard

Duke exposed.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were exposed as being a pretty slow team without a PG who can run the offense against pressure D.........Cook and Sulaimon are both just okay but against Smith and Siva they looked pretty awful!! They would have been lucky to win 10 games in the Big East because of their inability to guard quicker guards which were plentiful!!

That was fun.......happy for Senore and Ware!!

Reaction Score
They were exposed as being a pretty slow team without a PG who can run the offense against pressure D.........Cook and Sulaimon are both just okay but against Smith and Siva they looked pretty awful!! They would have been lucky to win 10 games in the Big East because of their inability to guard quicker guards which were plentiful!!

That was fun.......happy for Senore and Ware!!

Good point about the speed of the guards. Siva and Smith are as good as it gets in reguards to quickness.

Indiana and Duke looked very unathletic against their Big East foes. I was amazed at the disparity in athleticism.

Reaction Score
They were exposed just like us on that Monday nite in January. Seriously, this Duke obsession is annoying. Do you seriously want Pitino to win a NC more than Coach k?

Reaction Score
They were exposed just like us on that Monday nite in January. Seriously, this Duke obsession is annoying. Do you seriously want Pitino to win a NC more than Coach k?
G-d dude. Not even close.

I'd want Ville to win 5 more before D-ke wins one more. Give Syracuse a couple as well.

I despise D-ke. I despise proud mom and pop in the stands watching proper son Seth Curry, whose older brother blah blah blah, slap the floor, slap my ass.

Watching them get pounded was awesome. It was particularly awesome to watch Kelly play smelly.

List, in order of least want to win a NC:

Duke
Kentucky
N. Carolina
UCLA

And then order them by who has won the most NCs. The more you have, the more I root against you.

Reaction Score
Ville has done this to everyone in the last month. Not sure what this exposes.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we saw first hand what Louisville's quickness does to teams. You can't prepare for that. That said SU's zone with Carter Williams tipping passes at the top of the key has been disruptive as hell. The Big East, the best there ever was.

Reaction Score
Duke has been great over the years, there is no disputing that but it seems every time they lose in the tournament they get absolutely destroyed by a team that just looks so much superior to them athletically.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Duke won a NC just 3 years ago with some pretty slow guys, like Scheyer and Singler and Plumleeses.

Sure they were in the top ten all season long, but this was not a 'great' Duke team.

No shame in an elite8, even for Duke.

It's been clear for a few weeks now that UL is the best team this year and it's gonna take some lights out play by the opponent or a complete clunker by UL for them to lose.

Reaction Score
Um yes, don't you? Are you not American? Did your root for the USSR in the 1980 Olympics?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
K may regret upgrading the acc with BE teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

UConn was not exposed like that. They were in the game until Napier was injured and he was basically rendered useless after the injury.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
K may regret upgrading the acc with BE teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "big east " teams probably won't be allowed to play BE defense in the ACC. I'd be shocked . They'll have a coaches / officials meeting prior to next season and lay down the law to the BE teams.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
UConn was not exposed like that. They were in the game until Napier was injured and he was basically rendered useless after the injury.
Siva sat out most of the first half that game with foul trouble FWIW. I think if both teams played at full strength the whole way UConn probably gets downed by 10-15 points. And there's no shame in that.

Having said that, UConn wasn't ranked in the top 10-15 all year like Duke was. That is why people can say they were 'exposed.' They were exposed as a good team with below average athleticism that couldn't hang with probably the best team in the country. Tonight they looked more Top 25 than Top 10.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Every team is still "in the game" vs. Louisville after the first 4 minutes, which is about when Napier got injured. Most teams can hang with Ville for an entire half.

Yes, UConn led at the half. But Siva was out for most of that, sitting with two fouls. When he came back into the game and Ville went back to the press, it was over.

UConn was exposed like that and there's nothing wrong with admitting it. Ville simply had better weapons and execution.

Reaction Score
Duke is 1-4 against the Big East in the NCAA Tournament since April of 2004, with four different teams knocking them out. They did get WV in the Final Four in 2010.

Reaction Score
So these were my takeaways from the game:

1) Plumlee is sooooo slow. For a guy that can run very well for a big man, he completely lacks any semblance of quickness. He looked like he was running in molasses tonight against Deng.

2) The entire Duke team looked SO slow and SO un-athletic. It was jarring. I knew Louisville was the quicker team but even when Duke was up I was like "how are they up when they are two steps too slow on every single play?"

3) So impressed with Louisville tonight. Told a friend tonight that I thought that UConn had two pretty great guards but that when we played Louisville they showed that those two could take it to another level. Siva and Smith played ridiculously well and just dominated.

Reaction Score
They played each other very close early on in the season. And that was without Dieng (replaced by a relatively un-used backup) who is a huge part of this Ville team.

Reaction Score

Dude Ville is a better team than us, sure we could beat them (if certain things happen and don't happen) but beating them doesn't make us the better team. We need more to happen (and not happen) than they do.

This is their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer