DUKE do not screw up this showdown at OK | The Boneyard

DUKE do not screw up this showdown at OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What usually happens to teams before they play UCONN is a huge national TV game is they lose a game or a key player or 2 get hurt. I hope and pray that neither of these things happen and both UCONN and Duke are fully healthy and undefeated coming into the Dec 17th match at CIS

Duke, don't mess this up..................Both teams will be on exams next week....Amen!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Not to mention, I want Duke to beat OK. Not just so they will still be undefeated, but because Joanne P. is at win 499, and the next will be 500. I don't want her team trying for that threshold again UConn.

Reaction Score
This is the type game that happens to UCONN right before a big game. The other team loses...........Duke should win this games going away, but your point about getting JP her 500 win might force them to throw up bricks of make crazy fouls..........500 wins is huge for any coach and Best wishes.......

Reaction Score
I already have my tickets. Who else is coming down ?

I will bet anyone that Geno does not feel sorry for Joann P., and let her win her 500th !
We went to the last UCONN / Duke game at Cameron. It IS a great place to view a game, but near
as good as Gampel !

I know one thing.... Duke has not and will not face a defense like ours.
I think the key will be us staying out of foul trouble.
Will we have Kaleena, and Morgan at full speed by then ?
I heard they were cleared for practice next week.

Kaleena would really make a difference, because Duke cannot sag off of her 1 little bit !
Kaleena will really open up the middle for our BIGS !

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't think you should count on KML or Morgan to have a major impact on the Duke game even if they play (as now seems likely). I think Geno and Rosemary will want to ease them back, and they have probably (and inevitably) lost enough conditioning that it would be hard for them to play more than 15 minutes each. And I don't think you can assume that KML will have 50% accuracy on her 3-point shot (probably not even close).

They will have an impact (Duke will guard KML just based on reputation) by giving the seven horses of recent weeks some relief, but those seven will still mainly have to win the game. I would say UConn by 15.

Reaction Score
I don't think you should count on KML or Morgan to have a major impact on the Duke game even if they play (as now seems likely). I think Geno and Rosemary will want to ease them back, and they have probably (and inevitably) lost enough conditioning that it would be hard for them to play more than 15 minutes each. And I don't think you can assume that KML will have 50% accuracy on her 3-point shot (probably not even close).

They will have an impact (Duke will guard KML just based on reputation) by giving the seven horses of recent weeks some relief, but those seven will still mainly have to win the game. I would say UConn by 15.
Well in a sense giving the seven horses some relief (and leeway on fouls!) is a malor impact. But basically I agree. I'd go a bit lower and say UConn by 10 to 12.

Reaction Score

If they both get 15 effective minutes, we'll win big time.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, I want Duke to beat OK. Not just so they will still be undefeated, but because Joanne P. is at win 499, and the next will be 500. I don't want her team trying for that threshold again UConn.
I would think that sometimes a team trying to do too much (win her 500th game) rather than focusing on the nuances that need to be dealt with to have any hope against a superb UConn team is a big advantage for the Huskies. Is your reasoning it would be an advantage or disadvantage for their coach to be stuck on 499 when the Huskies come to town?????

Reaction Score
It will not matter............JP gets her 500 after UCONN leaves Durham on the 17th against Albany..........

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I would think that sometimes a team trying to do too much (win her 500th game) rather than focusing on the nuances that need to be dealt with to have any hope against a superb UConn team is a big advantage for the Huskies. Is your reasoning it would be an advantage or disadvantage for their coach to be stuck on 499 when the Huskies come to town?????

There's no question it can cut both ways. But I've rather face them in a game where that isn't at stake.

Reaction Score
Well in a sense giving the seven horses some relief (and leeway on fouls!) is a malor impact. But basically I agree. I'd go a bit lower and say UConn by 10 to 12.

I don't care how much UCONN wins by as long as they win! I have a feeling this is going to be a very close game. No 30 point blow out this year.

Reaction Score
No, too much bad Karma for Duke this weekend...........JP's 500th win, on the road, possible look ahead to UCONN on the 17th......Duke should win this game, but weird things happen..Ask OK a few years ago before the UCONN games they lost by 10 at home to a team they should have beat by 15.........I will be watching on Sunday......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What usually happens to teams before they play UCONN is a huge national TV game is they lose a game or a key player or 2 get hurt. I hope and pray that neither of these things happen and both UCONN and Duke are fully healthy and undefeated coming into the Dec 17th match at CIS

Duke, don't mess this up..................Both teams will be on exams next week....Amen!!

You are bound to be disappointed, because UConn will not be at full strength - no way. KML, if she plays, will not see her normal minutes. Ditto for Morgan.

Reaction Score
You might be right, but, I think UCONN will show up with whoever Geno can put a uniform on December 17th.......He might have to bring # 33 Shea out of retirement...I am hoping that Duke shows up a plays their best game.........I want to see 40 minutes of good hoops........Lets see.....Duke's past record in these games tells a different story.......Yet, we might be disappointed if DUKE does not bring their "A" game.......Either way, we will see Duke again in March, plus they need to beat ND twice...Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom