DT was on the Grantland Basketball Hour | The Boneyard

DT was on the Grantland Basketball Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
DT was part of a segment. She was great, showed her knowledge of the NBA and her Charisma was in full force.

Replay on ESPN2 tonight at 11 PM Eastern.

Reaction Score
Articulate, bright, knowledgable, savvy and funny. Diana, don't worry about employment after you are finished playing. You have what it takes in whatever you decide to do, whether coaching or media commentating.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
She even sounds like Geno! Thought she was great...actually had some good rapport with the hosts. Hope she comes back to the show.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Caught it last night...she was really great. Would love to see in her broadcasting after her playing career.

Reaction Score
I love Diana Taurasi! Love! I am happy that she is extending her career but I will miss her this upcoming WNBA season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Boy she is something special. And I loved how the interviewers referred to her several times as the Greatest Of All Time...

Reaction Score
I generally don't read comments and Twitter responses, but they were overwhelmingly positive for DT. She has that rare of combination of intelligence and humor that would make her a perfect analyst.

I know she's expressed interest in coaching after her playing days are done, but selfishly I want her to go into broadcasting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I generally don't read comments and Twitter responses, but they were overwhelmingly positive for DT. She has that rare of combination of intelligence and humor that would make her a perfect analyst.

I know she's expressed interest in coaching after her playing days are done, but selfishly I want her to go into broadcasting.
I keep wondering - could you imagine a coaching tandem of her and Sue Bird at UCONN once Geno retires (in about 15 years!!)...

Reaction Score
Wow! She is so damn impressive. I really could see Diana replacing Geno seven, eight years down the road. She's charismatic, a wonderful communicator, supremely confident, with a powerful, engaging presence. To the extent that it's possible, I think Diana truly understands Geno and how he does the things that he does to make UConn the best program ever in WCBB, probably better than anyone (besides Kathy and CD). Imagine Diana at a home visit to a high school recruit- she would be utterly irresistible. And she is a proven virtuoso of the game and its psychology. This is a kind of heresy, but I absolutely could envision Diana stepping into Geno's shoes and the program not missing a single beat.

- I do take exception to one of her comments: "I'm the least athletic guy out there in the WNBA ..." Yeah, ok, D.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Wow! She is so damn impressive. She's charismatic, a wonderful communicator, supremely confident, with a powerful, engaging presence. To the extent that it's possible, I think Diana truly understands Geno and how he does the things that he does to make UConn the best program ever in WCBB, probably better than anyone

Geno chose wisely when he called on Diana to write the foreword to his book. The relationship between Geno and Diana evokes thoughts of other special and successful coach-player tandems: e.g., Auerbach-Russell; Belichek-Brady.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She's getting love on the Men's board for the interview as well

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Very impressive. The vibe she's got going on...just wow! My all time fave, I think she'd be successful in whatever she decides to do after she's done playing...but I really, really want her to be the next Huskies coach. GOAT, indeed.

Reaction Score
- I do take exception to one of her comments: "I'm the least athletic guy out there in the WNBA ..." Yeah, ok, D.
I always thought of Nykesha Sales as the most athletic guy out there. When DT was still at UCONN they played one of those "quickie" all-star teams in a preseason game, and Sales was on that all-star team. Diana was guarding Nykesha part of the time, and DT just absolutely smothered her - just stuffed her one-on-one, almost to the point of humiliation. I felt badly for Nykesha. I was thinking Sales must be past her prime, but she's still playing ball in Europe now, and this was more than 10 years ago - she must have been IN her prime then. Anyway my point is the GOAT actually is "fairly" athletic, regardless if she claims it's all experience & cunning.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
athletic seems to mean run fast, jump high, fill the passing lanes to steal the ball... glide to the basket for a layup, quick reflexes etc. (I think). smothering someone defensively doesn't equal athletic

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good interview... may be Bill Simmons last one, ESPN is parting ways with him

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
athletic seems to mean run fast, jump high, fill the passing lanes to steal the ball... glide to the basket for a layup, quick reflexes etc. (I think). smothering someone defensively doesn't equal athletic

"Explosiveness" :cool:

Reaction Score
The way in which it was done looked athletic to me. Subjective I guess

Reaction Score
I wish she was doing color commentary for the NBA playoffs. What an entertaining discussion that was.

Reaction Score
Articulate, bright, knowledgable, savvy and funny. Diana, don't worry about employment after you are finished playing. You have what it takes in whatever you decide to do, whether coaching or media commentating.

I so agree. I was watching this the other day, thinking the same thing. Diana is a natural. She is charming, funny, knowledgeable, and just has that vibe. You can tell that she feels comfortable in front of the camera. Diana will never go broke that is for sure. She could sell home owner insurance to a homeless person. Diana is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom