DT No Longer Playing for her Russian Team | The Boneyard

DT No Longer Playing for her Russian Team

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
https://basket.ugmk.com/en/news/index.php?id15=21866

IMG_DI.jpg

Reaction Score
Not surprising she was released. Dee is one of my favorites, but truthfully she was having an absolutely horrible season and teams like that don’t pay top dollar for 20% shooting with no defending.

Reaction Score
Is there any actual explanation? I doubt they'd release her for a poor start to the season. Any chance she is dealing with something at home?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Hope all is OK, but if DT is done over in Europe and sticks with the W it is not good news for opponents... a rested, healthy DT has a lot of summers left in her game.

Reaction Score
The body isn't robotic, at some point this whole house of cards must tumble. I agree with low stats are something high dollar player are not expected o deliver. The Russians from all reports are willing to pay to win---so the reverse must be true--

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi will reportedly be replaced by Maya Moore after the break.
It’s a cut throat business in Russia. I agree with RockyMTblue2 about the video.
There are rumors from European sources she might sign with another EuroLeague team later in the season. We will see. Father Time is undefeated, as they say. But this is a sad way to see out arguably the best to ever play in the EuroLeague Women, if this is the end of her Euro play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With the exception of the Rio Olympics, when Dee was reunited with Geno, Sue, and other Huskies, Diana hasn't seemed happy for a few years and it often showed in her game. I hope she is ok.

Reaction Score
Great post Wbbfan1. What a gracious, eloquent and heartfelt "see you later". This coming from an obviously wounded hurting inside warrior on the court.
Here's hoping her career state side when the time comes allows her to go out on a high note...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
My original post did credit the original source that I found the video at.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Stacked team for UMMC Ekaterinburg

DT
BG
Deanna Nolan ( I wondered where she has been. Silky smooth guard from Georgia)
Kristi Toliver
LaToya (Pringle) Sanders

And not to mention Raisa Musina. Isnt she the one Russian that helped them win gold this summer?

Good luck to DT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Damn, that video was kinda sad to see. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that her team paid her to sit out the WNBA season? And now she's off the team.

She puts on a good smile but it's obviously an emotional moment for D. I hope she finds another overseas team where she can play and be happy, if that's what she wants to keep doing.

Reaction Score
I guess her body has decided that she cannot play year round any longer. She may have to decide if she plays overseas for the money, or in the W to stay home.
Maybe she stays home and does color commentary in the off season. Lord knows she is "colorful". They would have to have the bleep button ready though...;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That is not a happy camper. That 1st 2 seconds ... classy but hurting.
What's up with the blinking? It looks like a hostage video.

[Cue outrage in 3, 2, 1...]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom