OT: - Drummond wants to take his game outside | The Boneyard

OT: Drummond wants to take his game outside

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He has the physical talent to be the best center in the league. All about adding skills.
This statement is absolutely accurate. It's also scary to think you could have potentially used the word player instead of center and it would still be in the realm of reality. He is so insanely gifted physically, you can count his peers in that department in the league on one hand.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This statement is absolutely accurate. It's also scary to think you could have potentially used the word player instead of center and it would still be in the realm of reality. He is so insanely gifted physically, you can count his peers in that department in the league on one hand.
Yeah I said player just because of his position. But in high school he showed he can handle the ball a little too. Scary talent.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
God no. Just rim run and get putbacks. Would rather he spent the offseason working on his defense and keeping up those FT improvements.

Reaction Score
He seemed to really enjoy the year as a Husky and he goes out of his way to rep the program. But that team was so dysfunctional. I doubt he and Oriakhi trade Christmas cards.

Anybody else remember his intro to us UConn fans at first night with the 2 attempts at a full court pass - to - self slam dunk?

He missed but crowd went nuts and I for one was sure that was a great team in the making. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Love Dre, but maybe he should worry about hitting his free throws before he's worried about crossovers and fadeaway 3's.

Reaction Score
Love Dre, but maybe he should worry about hitting his free throws before he's worried about crossovers and fadeaway 3's.
He improved his free throws by 25% this season. He’s a smart guy, he knows that to reach the next level he is going to have to expand his game. He’s 24, it’s not like he has hit his plateau. If he can start spreading the floor, even to a small degree, it will add to his game.

C

Chief00

He seemed to really enjoy the year as a Husky and he goes out of his way to rep the program. But that team was so dysfunctional. I doubt he and Oriakhi trade Christmas cards.

Anybody else remember his intro to us UConn fans at first night with the 2 attempts at a full court pass - to - self slam dunk?

He missed but crowd went nuts and I for one was sure that was a great team in the making. Oh well.

Dre and Alex maybe did not play well together on the basketball court but they have always liked each other.
I have been over the 2011/2012 team many times - Dre almost averaged a double /double but the problem was the Boat suspension, Calhoun’s suspension and various Calhoun illness absences. For those reasons they did not develop as a team as Calhoun’s teams normally do. They still made the tournament.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s one of, probably, a handful of guys in the league right now that don’t shoot threes. Before the season, some talking heads were saying without an outside game he’d soon be obsolete. Then he goes out and averages 15 pts, 16 boards 3 assists and blocks a shot and a half a game to go with a steal and a half a game just for fun. Hard to imagine a guy who can do that becoming “obsolete” even in Steph Curry’s NBA.

Reaction Score
He has the physical talent to be the best center in the league. All about adding skills.
This kid has only scratched the surface of his ability. If he puts in that work to develop a post game, jumper and improve his free throws he could dominate the league for the next decade. Im talking an easy 20/15/3 night in and night out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dre and Alex maybe did not play well together on the basketball court but they have always liked each other.
I have been over the 2011/2012 team many times - Dre almost averaged a double /double but the problem was the Boat suspension, Calhoun’s suspension and various Calhoun illness absences. For those reasons they did not develop as a team as Calhoun’s teams normally do. They still made the tournament.

The biggest problem with that team was overcoming the loss of Kemba. I don't know why it rarely gets mentioned. Yes, that team had talent, but when you subtract the best player in America from your team, it leaves a gaping hole every time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The biggest problem with that team was overcoming the loss of Kemba. I don't know why it rarely gets mentioned. Yes, that team had talent, but when you subtract the best player in America from your team, it leaves a gaping hole every time.

2004/5, we didn't fall apart in Mek's wake. 23 and 8? I know we were BE Co champs.

C

Chief00

Fair point, Bazz wasn’t ready yet to be the leader - too much Chicago vs Boston stuff with Boat.

Reaction Score
In today's NBA, the "3" is a must to survive in the league. Kareem would be hitting them with regularity had he played today.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We had other good big guys. Bazz wasn’t ready to be Kemba yet.
Agreed, but the point still stands as a rebuke to the post I replied to -- ("...when you subtract the best player in America from your team, it leaves a gaping hole every time.")

Reaction Score
Especially when that best player in America is the point guard through which everything runs. We were fortunate to have that twice with Kemba and Bazz, the drop off the following season in each case wasn’t that surprising. Though not a point guard, I would say we had a similar situation in 2000, after losing arguably the best player in Rip.

Reaction Score
Especially when that best player in America is the point guard through which everything runs. We were fortunate to have that twice with Kemba and Bazz, the drop off the following season in each case wasn’t that surprising. Though not a point guard, I would say we had a similar situation in 2000, after losing arguably the best player in Rip.
Well, Jeremy also was getting a lot of press adding to a team with a ton of identities that still very young.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom